Chapter 16 – Why Does Everyone Want To Steal My Powers?
65 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fred, George, and I 'disappeared' again for another couple of hours to fetch some supplies from Hogsmeade. When we returned to the common room, we threw the sweets into the crowd and started partying. 

The twins and I cleared the middle of the common room and set up a dance floor. We led the dance, playing wild pop music from our wands. It was the most fun I had had in a long time.

We continued on well into the night. Professor McGonagall came in at about three in the morning AND JOINED US. It was bloody amazing. She danced with Fred for one dance then galloped out of the portrait hole, waving her hat in our direction. 

Angelina and Katie drank a hell of a lot of Firewhiskey. Harry, surprisingly, was dancing along quite well. I didn't think he was much of a party guy!

Oliver was the one who danced the wildest. He was so ecstatic - that was an understatement - that we won the Cup that he had the energy of ten firsties drinking coffee. 

Fred and George confessed to me that their goal in life was to build a joke shop. We pondered on what to call it, and after a few hours, came up with the amazing name of, 'Weasley's Wizard Wheezes'. We even Facetimed Terry and we all came up with an ingenious idea: make a black market behind WWW, called 'Insurgent's Infamous Inferno'.

The party only ended when we all had to go to class on Monday (yes, MONDAY). 

* When I got out of the last class of the day, somebody snatched me into an empty classroom again, that person obviously being Floppy.

"Again?!" I groaned. "Why so soon?"

This time I noticed the Three Douchebags were only lingering in the background. He smirked, studying my face. 

"How's your head and nose?" He said, referring to the huge bruise on my temple and the time when he had got me in the face with a Bludger.

"Perfectly fine, now what do you want this time?"

"It's pretty obvious, Weakling." Floppy said, eyeing my lips. 

He suddenly dived for them, forcing his tongue into my mouth. I tried to bite it, but he pressed his wand into my side. He felt me up, slipping his hands into my trousers, and running his hands over my knickers. He put a finger under the elastic on either side - and pulled down...

"I get a boner when I see you..." He whispered maliciously into my ear suddenly, when he came up for air.

"Well, my middle finger gets a boner when I see you." I sassed. 

"You -" Floppy growled, but I stopped him.

"No. Shut up. You sound like a complete dick when you talk." I said. "It's just better not to."

Floppy's fist connected with my face, sending me to the floor. I lay there, the world spinning around me. What the hell? I have never fought anyone that has a punch as strong as that. And believe me, I have fought a good many people - I used to hang out in the backstreets.

Ash and Spieler were watching with enjoyment on their faces. Rudd was shifting uncomfortably on his feet.

I staggered up. "Think you're a big man, hitting a girl, do you?"

I was sent to the floor again before I knew it. Floppy crawled on top of me and started punching my sides, my face. I felt like I was going to pass out soon.

Shit! My defence system was going to come out soon. It was where my powers would blast the person or thing hurting me away. It had happened on street fights when huge people challenged me to a fight (but it was very rarely that I couldn't handle them!).

I tried to struggle away, but I could hardly lift my hand.

"Going to use your powers on me now, Weakling?" Floppy taunted, smirking at the bruises and small cuts forming all over my face and - he lifted my school shirt - sides. 

"Get - get away from there!" I whispered.

He smirked at me and pulled off my shirt. I felt ready to faint.

"N-no..." I whispered as he tugged down my school trousers.

Floppy then reached down to his ankles and pulled up his trouser leg. There was a knife strapped to his leg. Shit...

He pulled it free and traced it lightly over my leg. I froze. Floppy grinned at the expression on my face and pushed down. I cried out, and Floppy pulled the knife away to inspect the new red line now bleeding freely down my leg.

My hands shone white, and Floppy was blasted off his knees to the floor, several feet away from me.

But he smiled, getting up, panting, and said, "We were right, she has some sort of defence thing...this is better for us...pain brings out her powers automatically..."

He motioned Ash over as he knelt by me again. He picked me up, and threw me onto a chair. He flicked his wand at me, and my wrists moved behind the back of the chair against my will. Spieler moved forwards, smirking at me, and tied my fucking wrists together. He ducked as I kicked at him.

"Tim, get her legs." Floppy instructed. Rudd moved forwards reluctantly and tied my ankles to the legs of the chair. 

"What the fuck are you assholes doing?" I demanded to know.

"We want your powers." Floppy said to me in a 'duh' tone. I shuddered. Those were almost the same words that Tom Riddle said to me almost a year ago.

Floppy moved forwards with his wand. He handed Ash the knife and Spieler gave Floppy a book. Floppy waved the book at me.

"My parents finally told me what it is I'm supposed to be doing here - or rather, WAS. But the Dark Lord isn't here yet, so I'm going to take your powers for him - and then us two will take over the world." He grinned evilly.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I tried to facepalm and then remembered that I couldn't. "Even that bastard had a hard time getting them out of me and he's a fucking Dark Lord - and how do you think you could, anyway? Surely you don't know that stupid incantation?" 

"All in here." Floppy flicked through the pages of the book, coming to a stop at one. "Apparently the Dark Lord left this for my parents to give to me when I got old enough."

"What exactly were you supposed to be doing here, anyway?" I said, remembering what he had said to me in first year. 

"There's some sort of prophecy about you and the Dark Lord. He was initially planning to just kill your brother, and capture you because he knew about your powers - they were in the prophecy too. But he decided otherwise at the last minute. He heard that you much more powerful than he thought. Apparently your parents knew about it all too." 

What? They...knew...too?

"But enough talk. Do you remember which incantation he used on you? There's loads here... The one he used was probably the most effective..."

"Why would I tell you?" 

"Because some of these look to be...quite painful." Floppy smirked.

"Yeah? Bring it." I said.

"Suit yourself." Floppy motioned to Ash. Ash came forward and placed the knife to my face. 

"Say goodbye to your pretty little face." Ash hissed, and slashed. I felt the blood running down my cheek.

Floppy started muttering incantations and I vaguely felt my powers struggling to get out me. I easily held them back. 

"You're going to have to try harder than that, Floppy." I smirked at him. "I'm not as weak as you may think."

Ash stuck the knife into my right shoulder. I fought off the urge to scream. Floppy tried a new incantation. This time it was a little stronger, but I could still hold my powers back.

Ash sliced down my side, then down my leg. Still, I did not give in.

Floppy tried another. This time I felt an unpleasant tingling in my chest. Ash slashed at my arms. I still held my powers back.

"Boys, I don't think this is working!" I smirked at them, tugging at the rope tied on my wrists.

"Yeah, you're right." Floppy said. I stared. "Will, put the knife down."

Ash set the knife on the desk, my blood dripping from it onto the tabletop.

Where's the catch?

"Think of the Weasley twins when you do it." Floppy told Ash as he got out his wand.

Ash nodded, a look of loathing in his face.

"Wait -" I started. "AAAAAAHHH-"

Ash had whispered "Crucio!" 

"Please! Stop it, please!" I screamed, feeling as though I was being stabbed with a thousand white-hot knives at once. "Please, someone help me!" I sobbed.

"Guys - guys, stop it!" Tim Rudd stepped forward. He looked crazed. "Please, stop! I can't take this anymore! This is illegal - and - and you're hurting her!"

"That's clearly the point, Tim." Spieler looked at him like he was crazy.

Ash continued to use the Cruciatus Curse, ignoring Rudd. Floppy switched his spell, and this one was worse. Far, far worse.

I felt it travelling up my arms and legs towards my chest. I felt my powers clawing at my chest from the inside, trying to get out. The pain was unbearable. Maybe it would be better to just give them up...lose all this pain...

White mist started to curl up from my hands and chest from where I was losing grip on my powers. Floppy smiled grimly.

"I guess this is what he used on you? No wonder you hate the mention of him!"

"No...actually..." I whispered. I saw black spots dancing in my vision.

"Huh. Guess you're as weak as ever then, Weakling."

"Fuck up." I spat faintly.

Floppy increased his muttering of the incantation, and more mist swirled up. 

The door suddenly banged open, and Draco walked in, head bent over a cactus and whispering shit to it. He looked up at us and froze. Our eyes met, and the cactus fell to the ground. Ash ceased the Cruciatus Curse, and I stopped screaming. I slumped back in the chair, tears and blood streaming down my face.

"Get - away - from - her!" He hissed, his voice full of furious rage. He strode over to us, whipping out his wand. 

"Outnumbered, cous." Floppy pointed out, smirking. 

"Erm, no, sorry." Draco said, smirking back. "You see, we noticed that Daisy was missing so we all went out in a party to find her. The cactus is my sort of communicator, and they can hear every single word we're saying right now. Guys, we're in classroom three-oh-four!" He called out. Floppy made a furious move towards the cactus but it was too late. 

Almost instantly Terry, Fred, George, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Lee burst through the door. 

"DAISY!" Harry cried, his eyes tearing up when he saw the state I was in. "You get the fuck away from her! All four of you!"

Everyone got out their wands and pointed them at Floppy and the Three Douchebags. They slowly stepped away from me, their hands up. 

"You just stay there." Harry growled. He flicked his wand at the door, and it locked.

Ron, Hermione, and Lee kept watch on them while Harry, Terry, Fred and George hurried over to me. They saw the knife on the desk, and, if possible, they became more pissed.

"We've got to get you up to the hospital wing..." Draco said anxiously.

"You HAVE to report them." Harry said determinedly. 

"N-no! I c-can't..." I whispered.

"Why not, Softpaw?" George said.

"What - what would he do if - if I did?" 

"Don't worry, Softpaw." Fred said, his jaw clenched. "I'll make sure he doesn't go anywhere near you ever again."

"Maybe later we'll get them to justice." Terry said, looking at them rest of them with a look on his face that said 'I'll persuade her'. "The fucking assholes hurt my girlfriend; they deserve to fucking die." *

Draco snatched up the knife and cut through the rope restraining me. I shook my hands, feeling a shooting pain in my wrists. They're going to bruise.

I tried to stand up, but crashed to the ground. Terry rushed over and helped me into my clothes. I tried to stand again, but those black dots came back to the corners of my eyes.

Terry scooped me up. Fred and George looked to me for permission. I nodded at them, and they launched themselves at Ash and Spieler, punching every part of their bodies they could lay their hands on.

"How fucking DARE you hurt our clan mate?!" Fred yelled at them.

"Especially her!" George hissed.

Harry and Draco went for Floppy, and Ron stepped towards Rudd.

"No...Ron...not him...he didn't do anything...he even tried to stop...them..." 

I lost all sense of the world.

~~~

I was in the hospital wing for over a week, not just about my injuries, but also about my powers. I felt kind of weaker, but I thankfully recovered. When I got out, I soon learned that Floppy was delighted that he had hospitalised me - for more than an entire week! - and was boasting about it to his fellow Slytherins. 

He was doing this very thing one day in Defence Against the Dark Arts. 

"I can't believe I put Weakling in the hospital wing for over a week! This just shows how weak she really is!" He told the other Slytherins in the class.

Lupin frowned at him. 

"It was really fun, too. It was like drawing, you know? Only the paper was her, the pencil was the knife, and the artist was ME." Floppy smirked.

Lupin stopped and there was an odd expression on his face. Floppy didn't seem to notice and looked over at me. He smirked at me and made a kissy face, mimed sliding someone's knickers down, and -

"Mr Malfoy! What are you doing?"

Floppy jumped. "Nothing, sir."

Then he turned right back around to me and mimed me when I was under the Cruciatus Curse, making his face twisted in pain and mouthing "Please, someone help me!"

I turned away, but I could still see him out of the corner of my eye.

"And when she was under the C Curse...it was great, hearing her scream. She'll be screaming in a much different situation next when I get her alone..." Floppy laughed coldly.

"Malfoy." Lupin said, his voice cold. "Detention every night, for the rest of the school year."

"WHAT?!" 

I smirked to myself, and saw Harry, Terry, and Draco doing so too.

~~~

The next DADA lesson, we completed the list.

I pretended to walk on a cane into class, pretending to be an old man.

Then I randomly started crying like a baby in the middle of a lecture.

Then I pretended to be Lewis - a really annoying and immature kid in our class at Muggle school - and answered all Lupin's questions with immature answers, and I asked him annoying questions.

"Daisy, where do Boggarts usually reside?" Lupin asked me.

"I don't know, you tell me." I said casually.

The next lesson, I put up Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus's 'Free the Nipple' posters up in his room. He just sighed and Vanished them.

We snuck in before class again the next lesson and set up a satanic ritual. When he came in, he pulled at his hair in frustration.

"Sir, are you going to sacrifice Draco?" I asked.

"No, Daisy." Lupin sighed.

Then I pretended to ward him off with a clove of garlic. "Sir, you're a vampire!"

I wrote a fake love note to him from Professor McGonagall. He just sighed as he read it, and threw it in the bin.

"But sir, everyone knows that you fancy each other." I said.

He just shook his head at me.

"Sir, how do you say 'Banter' in German?" I asked.

"Geplänkel." He replied. I was impressed.

"Sir!" I waved my hand in the air. 

"What, Daisy?"

"Es gibt zu viel Geplänkel!" I said. Meaning 'there is too much banter'.

I said it to him every five minutes. He was so frustrated. It was hilarious.

The next lesson, we all played football with the yellow pages. It was so much fun, especially the look on Lupin's face.

I brought an Arabic dictionary to class and spoke in Arabic the entire time.

"I have it on good authority that you have no evidence!" I said, pretending to snap out of my thoughts when Lupin asked me a question.

"Sir, what's 'Motocross' in French?" 

"Sir, what's 'Arson' in French?"

"Sir, what's 'The Hunger Games' in French?"

I put my textbook up on the desk - which teachers really hate - and refused to put it down no matter how many times he told me to.

I swung really obviously on my chair, and continued to do so, also no matter how many times he told me to put my chair on all four legs.

Next time I entered the classroom, I yelled "BAMF!"

"Daisy, why?" Lupin sighed, massaging his ears.

"Because I'm a badass motherfucker!" I grinned.

I also swore in Parseltongue. Harry joined in. It was hilarious because Lupin didn't even know what we were saying.

I acted like I was the Prime Minister for the next lesson.

"Sir, what is your opinion on David Cameron?" Terry said, pointing at me.

"I don't care, Terry, I don't care!"

I shined a mirror in the sun at him. It was hilarious watching him slowly go insane.

We all made moronic noises and pretended to be zombies. 

Then we over exaggerated everything that we did.

I then pretended to be Snape.

"I don't use shampoo." I said in his voice.

Then I pretended to be Floppy.

"I'm a fucking douche and I only cut my fringe when it starts to hang over my eye."

I flung a rubber band at Lupin. He sighed and Vanished it.

We all pretended to be seriously religious and worshipped in the middle of class. Lupin's frustration was hilarious.

We all then pretended to be different animals.

Then we all pretended to be riddled with diseases.

"Hack! Hack! Cough!"

Then Draco and I threw fake spiders at Parvati and Lavender, making them jump and scream.

I dropped my quill and said, "Oh, for fuck's sake."

I said "That's racist." every time he said something, even though nothing that he said was racist.

His reaction was hilarious.

I knocked my textbook off my desk like a hundred times.

I pretended to be deaf in one ear.

"Sorry, sir, I can't hear you."

Then I got everyone to do everything simultaneously. Like putting hands up, dropping pencils.

Then I pretended to be Hermione. "Sir, it says in section three hundred and nine of the pamphlet that Boggarts -"

When he got frustrated, I said, "Calm your ham, Professor."

"Sir, you're a moron."

"Outside now, Daisy."

Then I found out where he lived with the help of my clan mates, and we travelled there one weekend when we sneaked out of school on our brooms. I took out the cabbage seeds I had brought with me.

"Let's get to work then!" I grinned.

Oh, dear old Professor Lupin's going to find a delightful surprise when he gets home!

~~~

"Is your heart taken? Is there somebody that's on your mind? I'm so sorry, I'm so confused, just tell me, am I outta time? Is your heart breaking? How do you feel about me now? I can't believe I let you walk away when, when I should have kissed you!" I sang as we set off for our DADA exam. I bloody love that song!

Oh no. We have to face a Boggart. Shit.

When it was my turn, I stepped up, my shoulders squared in determination. Tom Riddle appeared, smirking down sadistically at me. He was nearly a foot taller than me, Godric damn it.

He raised his wand, and I raised mine. "Riddikulus!" I said.

SNAP! The Boggart changed to Riddle and me standing over my dead family members and friends, in front of a writhing Harry, Terry, and Draco...

"Riddikulus!" SNAP!

My Muggle attacker sauntered up to me, smiling creepily, holding a switch knife in his hand. 

"Riddikulus!" SNAP!

Floppy appeared, with his knife and wand out.

"Riddikulus!" SNAP!

Tom Riddle was back. He raised his wand - "Avada Kedavra-"

"RIDDIKULUS!"

And the Boggart was gone.

"Well done, Daisy." Lupin muttered to me as I strode past in triumph. "Full marks."

Then, in Divination, I saw the same thing as I did last time in my crystal ball. I also...I also saw the Grim. Professor Trelawney drunk all this in, telling me that I had the markings of a true Seer and telling me that she was giving me full marks.

But just as I turned to leave -

"It will happen tonight."

I wheeled around. Professor Trelawney had gone rigid in her armchair; her eyes were unfocused and her mouth sagging.

"S-sorry?" I said.

But Professor Trelawney didn't seem to hear me. Her eyes started to roll. I stood there in a panic. She looked as though she was about to have some sort of seizure. I hesitated - should I run to the hospital wing? But then Professor Trelawney spoke again, in the same harsh voice, quite unlike her own:

"The Dark Lord lies alone and friendless, abandoned by his followers. His servant has been chained these twelve years. Tonight, before midnight, the servant will break free and set out to rejoin his master. The Dark Lord will rise again with his servant's aid, greater and more terrible than ever before. The one with the power to end him will be taken soon. Tonight...before midnight...the servant...will set out...to rejoin...his master..."

Then she woke up or something. It was so fucking creepy.

Then the Insurgents, Draco, Harry, Ron, and Hermione went down to visit Hagrid, as Buckbeak had lost the appeal. We found Scabbers hiding out in one of Hagrid's cupboards. 

We escaped his hut around the other side from the door, as Dumbledore and the guys coming to do the execution had just knocked.

As we set off back up to the school - Scabbers struggling in Ron's hands - we heard a thump.

Hermione buried her head on Ron's chest, sobbing.

1