Chapter 10: Invitation to Chen’s family house
355 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The breakfast and conversation continued for about half an hour. I had not had time to bring the vacation plan up to my friends yet since the start of the exam was quite near.

"Guys, I have to be excused. I need to leave first. I have to memorize the remaining of my memos before the exam," Vasily interrupted.

"Sure. Actually, should we all get going?" John promptly asked.

"Sure," everyone agreed.

All of us cleared the table, stood up, and moved back to our individual rooms to prepare for the exams to come.

The whole final comprehensive exam took about two days. It had three sections, Mathematics, Socials, and Sciences, respectively. Each one lasted about three and a half hours with an hour lunch break between Mathematics and Socials.

At around 9 O'clock, all students in the Life Science Academy lined up in front of their exam rooms. Murong entered his exam room with ease.

After three hours of solving algebra equations, analyzing dimensions of different geometries, and deduction using logic, most students had been filled with perplexities and confusions.

On the contrary, Murong appeared to quite relax and had been having an enjoyable lunch while most students concentrated on the last minutes' revision for the next subject.

Frankly, this exam was not so difficult and serious for Murong since he was always in the top three of the class, and he looked at some tough problems that he remembered beforehand. Although he would not be able to remember some of the details in the subject to get the best score, he would still be able to answer most of the questions. Actually, the apocalypse would get underway even before the beginning of the university. Who would still care how much score you would get?

After another exam in the afternoon, Murong was waiting for his friends in front of the exam room.

"How is it?" Murong curiously asked all of his friends as he saw them walking straight to him. Most of them made a crumpled expression. Especially Will, he had a completely soured and angry face.

"Who the hell designed this exam? Don't ask me!" Will exclaimed.

"Great. Very great," Liu Wu said.

"I have never come out of the exam room with this much happiness," Liu Wu continued to respond with a relaxed smile on his face. This answer called for everyone to turn their heads to Liu Wu with a surprised look.

Vasily Razalev, the girl who was always the first in our year astonished. She was afraid that she did not do well enough.

"You must perfectly prepare this time. I think it is difficult," Aika hesitantly said. Usually, Liu Wu's score was only average.

"Who said I could do it?" Liu Wu asked back.

"But…," Vasily interrupted.

"Oh, what did you mean then?" Murong suddenly asked.

"I said great because, definitely, no one would be able to answer all those ridiculous questions. For the first question, please list all the laws relating to import and export regulations in all the empires. You guys know. We only studied law subjects for a week. Who would think that we have to remember all those details? The second question is even more insane. Please write the history of five countries on the continent. Who could finish those within four hours! And there were even more than 10 questions in the exam!" Liu Wu continued to shamelessly narrate his claims.

"Shameless bastard," Vasily frown. She got astonished by nothing.

Liu Wu ignored her. He continued to criticize the exam questions jokingly.

Vasily was very furious, especially at the person who is more likely to fail than other people in the group. This shameless guy hurriedly sang a song, deliberately irritating and provoking her.

"It is okay to fail the exam. It is a miracle to pass the exam."

Cuz I'm happy, yes I am, happy for today,

Take this exam and burn it

Let it kill everyone away,

And be happy, happy! and others' score will also go away

I know it ain't easy but that's okay.

Cause no one cannnnn

----------------------------------------------------------

At the same table in the morning, the same group of people was eating their dinners together.

"Anyway, what are you revising for? You have already known it all," Will asked Vasily during dinner. She had been reading a note in Sciences while she was having dinner with them.

Vasily, the girl, who was always at the top in our year, frowned.

"What am I revising for? Are you mad? You do know that we need to get good scores to get into the genius class in university, don't you?

Will rolled his eyes like we all knew you would get a good score anyway.

Unfortunately, Aika also seemed to be thinking along the same line as Vasily. They, now, submerged themselves in a large pile of several packs of sheets and books.

Murong gave up his idea to ask his friends to come to his house during vacation today. It was hard to bring a discussion about visiting and relaxing at his family house (Or training?) with Vasily and Aika next to you, reciting several Physics formulas.

With the unconscious yawning, Murong has excused himself to go back to sleep.

On the second day, Murong met Vasily and Aika with their light-black eyes. It seemed they felt a little nervous before the test and could not sleep well.

"Good luck to both of you," Murong said to both Vasily and Aika.

"Thank you. You too, Murong!" Both of them replied.

The last exam was about Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Murong, whose father was a famous engineer, loved Sciences the most of all the subjects. He could answer every question clearly and very fast. He even finished it an hour before the exam end time.

After the exam, Murong was waiting for his friends in the common room in the dormitory. Vasily and Aika were the first ones to come back. They always like to go through their exam papers with Murong afterward, and everybody knows it. Liu Wu, John, and Will thought this was a bad idea, and they did not want to revisit the unpleasant experience again. So, they took their time wandered down to the Co-op to get snacks before joining them.

"No more revision!" Will shouted happily after coming back with Liu Wu and John.

"What do you guys think about going to my house this summer?" Murong, finally, had a chance to ask his friends.

"My father has finished building prototypes of our new game system. I can get all of us in the Alpha test with the company employees. I guarantee it will be really cool!" Murong continued to persuade his friends with his advertisement.

"That sounds great!"

"I am looking forward to it!"

As expected, Liu Wu was the first to accept the invitation, followed by Will and a short answer "yes" from John with a nod.

"I don't know…" Aika hesitated. Her family was not well off like others. They only had just a few fishing boats. She thought she would be home helping her family.

"Come on…you can bring your brother too… I know he likes to play games very much," Murong continued to convince her.

Aika thought of her gaming addict brother. She, at last, agreed to Murong's proposal.

"Ok," she smiled.

"But, we could not stay there for too long, though," she added.

"Sure. A week would be okay," Murong replied with a smile on his face.

"What about you, Vasily?" Murong asked.

"Need to ask? If we all go, I will definitely go."

"It settles then!"

After that, we talked with each other about our summer plan and wished each other well.

"See you guys over the summer, then!" Murong said.

"Bye!"

After that, I went back to my room and packed.  I looked around the room that I spent for three years studying one last time and left...

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Your favorite votes matter! Please let me know that you are enjoying this novel! :)

Single Hamster

16