Chapter 14: Family strengthening strategy (2)
306 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dungeon was still in the middle of the forest as Murong encountered it last time. However, it seemed to be a little bit larger. This large area was full of all kinds of trees and poison plants. When the last people in the team appeared, the usual dungeon information sound rang up in everyone's mind.

"Ding! Welcome to Chimera dungeon."

"Dungeon class: Soldier."

"Dungeon type: Team dungeon. 5 people limit."

"Dungeon objective: Finding a golden key within 12 hours of the time limit."

"Dungeon time ratio: 1:6."

"Dungeon fail's penalty: Spiritual energy accumulation reduced by 10%."

"You will be given the freedom to act as you please upon completion of the dungeon objective. You can hunt as many enemies as you wish, but there will be no reward on the hunt."

Everyone listened cautiously to the system's announcement while five of them were standing next to the dungeon portal.

Chen Dong curiously asked, "Soldier class?"

"Yes. From what I know, there are a total of 14 classes, Emperor, High king, Prince, Archduke/ Archduchess, Grand Duke, Duke, Viceroy, Marquis/Marquess, Count, Viscount, Earl, Baron/Baroness, Knight, and Soldier. This class system is also applied to our job hierarchy. With each step in increasing the class, you will get one additional skill for your job. Everyone will begin with Soldier class at the beginning of the apocalypse," Murong plainly clarified.

After an explanation about the class system, Murong had signaled the team and moved to a higher area to observe the surrounding. The dungeon had not changed much from the last time he entered. He noticed a pack of the same type of wolves not too far away.

"This could be a problem. There are at least forty wolves in this area. We won't be able to resist them if they come at once," Chen Fang counted the number of the wolves through his binocular while he was looking around.

"There is no problem. I have brought all kinds of hoe and shovel to dig several pits, and we can fill them with these traps," Chen Murong spoke while waving his hand. The things he mentioned suddenly appeared out of his space ring.

"We could start digging and lure them here. With all of us five, I trust that we have the ability to shoot them down before they can reach us," Murong continued explaining with confidence.

When they heard Murong's plan, everyone's eyes had lighted up.

"That's a good idea. Let's do it!" Having said that, Chen Fang quickly grabbed a hoe and started digging. Soon, everyone followed.

The plan went very smoothly. After they finished setting up the traps, Chen Jinnan used a megaphone to lure the wolves. The wolves rushed toward them at high speed. In only a few seconds, all of them had already approached their team in all directions. Quickly, the wolves fell into the traps one after another.

At this time, about a dozen wolves had successfully avoided the traps. They had to kill these wolves before the wolves could reach them. This most challenging job belonged to Murong, Chen Dawei, and Chen Fang trio, while Chen Dong acted as a backup for the last line of defense for any surprise attacks. The trio aimed their guns and fired the bullets as quickly as possible. These wolves naturally could not win against Murong once he had higher ground and sufficient distance, not to mention there were also Dawei and uncle Fang. Those two guys quickly shot several wolves down at ease. In a few minutes, all the wolves turned into several corpses.

Murong could not help but appreciated their gunning skills. Although it could not compete with any apocalyptic skills, currently, together, they definitely had an exceptional advantage over the wolves.

After some fighting, all of the wolves were eliminated. While standing in front of the battle, Murong and the group's faces were relieved. Nobody had been injured. Everyone sat on the ground to recover for about ten minutes before continuing to move forward to find the golden key.

"Let's go! We have to search the area to find the key," Murong cheerfully said.

It took Murong and the team about three hours to find the golden key. It turned out that this time the key was hidden in one of the tree hollows. After finding the key, the end of the dungeon sound rang up.

"Ding! Congratulations! Mission accomplished. You have found the golden key. You can choose one of the three rewards from finishing this dungeon."

"Ding! Please select the choice from below

1. Awakening spiritual sense

2. Soldier rank random item

3. Job changing: Hunter (The font color is ranged from red to green. The green color means you are perfectly suitable for this job. You could change your job on the red color font, but it is not recommended.)

Murong told them to choose the first choice while he chose the second choice. After everyone selected their choices, the space around them began distorting, followed by a change in the surrounding environment. Ultimately, they had returned to the entrance of the dungeon on the outside world. When Murong had been warping back to the entrance of the dungeon, the message popped up in his mind.

"Ding! Congratulations! You have received a Golden phoenix wand."

Murong lifted his right hand to grasp it when the golden copper wand appeared in front of him. After he got a hold of the wand, the status of the item showed up in his mind.

----------------------------------------------------------

Item status

Name: Golden phoenix wand

Class: Soldier

Grade: A

Active skill:

1) Increase physical damage +7 level

2) Fireball (Producing fire using the spiritual energy in the body)

Restriction: Mage related occupation

No cooldown limits.

----------------------------------------------------------

After seeing the description of the wand, Murong was overjoyed. It was still an A grade equipment like last time! In general, a copy at this difficulty would only appear G, F, and E grade equipment, with only a minimal chance of a D grade equipment.

"Murong, you seem to be delighted to get this wand," Chen Dong noticed and spoke.

"Definitely! This magic wand is very suitable for my future mage job, and it is an A grade as well."

Seeing everyone's confusing face, Murong continued to explain.

"The equipment quality can be classified into ten grades, G, F, E, D, C, B, A, S, SS and, SSS. The lowest grade is G, and the highest grade is SSS. Normally, you get below E grade for ordinary dungeon level. Although I could not use it at the moment, in the future, it will play a significant role at the beginning of the apocalypse."

"Okay," everyone said and nodded to signal that they understood now what he said.

"By the way, did anyone get a green color text for the job change?"

Chen Dawei, Chen Dong, and Chen Jinnan were shaking their heads when Chen Fang suddenly said.

"I did. It shows I am suitable for an assassin job."

"Umm. In my previous life, you also got an assassin job. It is no surprise here. But, let's wait until a month before the apocalypse to change job. That way, your spiritual energy accumulation in the body should be very high, and your job should be better."

"Yes. I think that is the best way," Chen Fang nodded in agreement. He felt his skill was good enough for anything before the apocalypse right now. He did not really need more skills for the time being, especially if that would affect his future growth.

"Now, let's go back to see how our camp looks like!" Murong exclaimed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Thank you for following my novel! Feel free to give your favorite, comment, or review! I am always happy to see notifications of those things! :)

Single Hamster

15