Chapter 19: Crisis situation
281 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the thunder wolf saw Huilong and Yilin separately fleeing from it in different directions, it paused its movement and confused for a moment. It hesitated and wobbled its head to see which side it should go. And, for god knows what reason, it chose to follow Huilong.

Huilong instantly panicked when he saw the thunder wolf charging in his direction and opting to follow him. Right now, in his mind, his only thought was to run away from this vicious beast as fast as he could.

"Murong! Dawei! Help me!" Huilong yelled as he was looking at the thunder wolf that was charging towards him. This scared the crap out of him, making him stumble as he ran backward.

Seeing Huilong ran in a panic, Murong's team of three also got nervous. Chen Fang suddenly shouted, reminding Murong, who was still standing beside him. "Follow him, Murong! Leave other wolves on this site to Dawei and me."

With Chen Fang's urging, Murong quickly regained his composure and chased after Huilong and the beast.

It was not a coincidence that Murong was selected to be the one pursuing Huilong and the thunder wolf by Chen Fang. Both Chen Fang and Chen Dawei knew that Murong was equipped with purple wolf leather shoes, which should increase his movement speed. With their tacit understandings, Murong was the best choice among the three of them.

However, his speed was still not enough to outrun the level 9 soldier rank thunder wolf. Luckily, Huilong remembered where the traps were, and he intentionally jumped across some of them. The thunder wolf, who was busily chasing down its prey, finally fell down in one of those traps. Its mistake had caused its hunt to slow down for a split second.

This split second in the pit of the thunder wolf was enough to give an opportunity for Huilong to go farther from it and Murong to gain a sufficient distance.

At that moment, for the first time, the wolf was within the aiming distance from Murong. He did not hesitate for a second. He aimed his pistol with his right eye and continuously fired the thunder wolf with his right hand.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!" Murong pulled the trigger, and the three bullets uninterruptedly shot out from the gun. The shots that left turn into silvery light and gracefully flew quickly. The angle that Murong targeted was in the blind spot of the thunder wolf's sight.

However, that thunder wolf was a level 9 soldier rank creature with cognitive ability. It saw that how much damage these loud and noisy bullets could do on their kins before. When it sensed and heard the three bullets that were being shot in its direction from behind, it immediately made a dodge. With its quick reflex, the three shots missed its vital points and only scratched its skin.

"What? Such an intelligent beast!" Murong interjected with a shock. "The reaction of this thunder wolf was extremely fast," Murong surprisingly thought.

Huilong was perplexed as well. However, in Huilong's mind, something was more important than the mysterious origin of the ability of this beast. That was, of course, his survival!

When he turned his face back, he saw that the thunder wolf was still closing in on him. Thinking that Murong's bullets could not stop the beast, he almost burst into tears in his heart. He began to think that he made a mistake in making this trip. If that thunder wolf reached him, it would instantly be able to make his body into pieces.

"Continue shooting! Don't stop!" Huilong yelled while he was still running with his life on the line.

When Murong saw the thunder wolf dodging the silver bullets and continuing its charge at Huilong, Murong's hands were covered in a cold sweat. He only had a few bullets left in the magazine, and there was no guarantee that these few bullets would be able to kill that beast. If he tried to load new enough special bullets into the magazine, it might also be too late. He could imagine the scene of Huilong's body being bitten by the thunder wolf in his head.

"My goodness! This thunder wolf is so scary! Shoot! Shoot it!" Huilong continued to shout. When he saw the thunder wolf getting closer and closer, he ran nonstop even he almost could not catch his breath right now.

"What should I do...." Murong flusteredly mumbled to himself while he was still running after the thunder wolf and Huilong.

Suddenly, Murong thought of the remaining glass potions that he still had in his space ring and shouted to Huilong.

"I only have a few bullets left! I have a plan! Climb a tree or a hill! I need the beast to slow down just for a second!"

When Huilong heard what Murong told him, he swiftly climbed to the closest tree as soon as possible. However, the distance between the beast and Huilong was not that far. Huilong was only two meters above the ground when the thunder wolf reached him.

The thunder wolf also knew its limit. Instead of trying to climb the tree to follow Huilong, it tried to jump a few times and then decided to shake the tree bulk with its two palms.

"Help!" Huilong screamed as his body continuously sliding down due to the vibration of the tree.

However, finally, Murong was able to catch both of them up. He rapidly used his left hand to throw a potion bottle up in the air aiming above the beast and started shooting quickly at the bottle as soon as the bottle's speed significantly slowed down. If he waited any longer, the bottle would start dropping at increasing speed due to gravity acceleration, and it would be more difficult to shoot.

Although Murong has no skill at the moment and he could not accumulate any stats yet, the rich experience from his previous life was still there. The experience was accumulated with every bloody battle Murong went through. Some were even near-death experiences. No matter what kind of weapon, Murong was very proficient at it.

An unleashed silver bullet perfectly broke the potion bottle in the air, causing a large scatter of liquid drops.

The wonderful mini raindrops in the eyes of two dual brothers, but the scary and frightening liquid from hell as the thunder wolf would find out a second later.

"It hits!" Huilong shouted excitingly.

The thunder wolf was not able to dodge this time. How could it escape the toxic rain?

Plop! Plop! Zaaa! Zaaa!

The potion hit the thunder wolf's fur on its head, body, legs, and tails. The toxic liquid reacted immediately. With this large amount of liquid and its high concentration, the thunder wolf was crying in pain.

Akkkk! Akkkk!

The thunder wolf rolled its body on the ground, crying. Its body was just in front of Murong and raised dust all around it.

Huilong was gasping for air. He was extremely nervous. When he saw the thunder wolf screeching nonstop, he could not help thinking, "My god! That was so close! Thank goodness. My body was spared."

If Murong were slightly slower, he would have been bitten into pieces by that wolf!

Murong then finished the thunder wolf off with his refilled bullets.

A moment later, after the beast was dead and Huilong had already climbed down from the tree, Huilong spoke with his exciting red face.

"That was too thrilling!"

Whenever Huilong thought of the scene from earlier, it would bring back the fear that was lingering within him.

"Luckily, you remember where the traps are and able to slow the beast down." Murong faintly laughed.

"Yeah," muttered Huilong and whistled with relief.

Seeing the fallen thunder wolf, Huilong felt as if he was still living in a dream. Murong's look and action from earlier till now were deeply engraved within his mind, leaving him with deep admiration.

While both brothers were discussing and resting, soon, Dawei, uncle Fang, and Yilin finally came to meet them.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Thank you for reading my novel! If you like this first novel of mine, please support the book with your vote and leave a comment! :)

Single Hamster

12