Chapter 33: Finding Gu Bai
238 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Who was Gu Bai? This was probably the question that you might have in your mind right now when you read to this point. The answer was actually straightforward. Gu Bai was Murong's first partner in his past life.

Now, this answer raised more questions than it answered, I guessed. What happened to Nick? What happened to Gu Bai? Why had we never heard of him before? I know your minds were full of these questions right now. Please bear with me and let me try to answer your questions one by one.

First question, what happened to Nick? This was probably the most intriguing question for those who were still thinking about the content in the first chapter and were still waiting for Murong to meet Nick. Well, I had both good and bad news for you. The good news was that Nick was still in the story. As for the bad news, Murong would not meet Nick for now. Or I rather said he could not.

Some people would say, "Why?" The short answer was Nick wasn't in Blue planet with Murong right now. At this time, he still lived on Earth. So, even if Murong wanted to greet him, he couldn't meet him right now.

However, if Murong met Nick now, he probably felt uneasy and didn't know what to do because Nick was currently an eight years old kid. Grantly, he also missed him. And, it would be nice if you could meet your life and death partners even though they were just a child at the moment, right?

Now, it was time for the second question. What happened to Gu Bai? Why had we never heard of him before?

Before the apocalypse, Gu Bai was the boss of the Black Dragon gang. The Black Dragon gang was considered one of the top five mafia gangs in the southwest of Xia kingdom. However, he had been framed on the crime he didn’t commit and had to flee with the remaining of his gang brothers to the capital of Xia kingdom, where he met Murong in his past life.

Gu Bai and his group took care of Murong when he had just awakened mage ability. They accompanied Murong for a week back to the Chen Manor. After Chen Murong reunited with the members of the Chen family, Gu Bai and his group decided to ally themselves with the Chen family. At that time, in the Chen Manor, there were only Chen Jinnan, Chen Yawen, and Chen Gui, with twelve servants in the house. Since Chen Gui and a few servants were the only ones that had offensive professions, Gu Bai and his group helped them tremendously. It wouldn't be exaggerated to say that the Chen family might not survive without their help.

In Murong's previous life, Gu Bai was covertly pursuing Chen Murong bit by bit. Finally, Gu Bai was unable to contain his feeling anymore, and he gathered his courage to confess to Murong that he loved him at first sight. However, at that time, he didn't dare to approach him.

Murong was shocked by Gu Bai's confession. He was not sure of himself how to respond. He always thought of Gu Bai as another big brother who took care of him. However, after a prolonged period of Murong's hesitation, Gu Bai's patient finally ran out. Murong was forcibly kissed and even groped by Gu Bai. Gu Bai's mouth and hands were all over Murong's body. However, instead of pushing Gu Bai away, Murong just stood there, accepting it. Murong surprisingly found out that he didn't hate doing that with Gu Bai. In fact, he actually liked it. He unconsciously loved him too. Then, one-side arousal turned into two-side excitement, and, finally, they slept together.

Their love for each other had been buried deep in Murong's memory. Since then, they had been together for almost 40 years until Gu Bai sacrificed himself to save Murong. Actually, even when Gu Bai died for him, Murong still felt unsure and disbelieving. He denied the truth that happened in from of his eyes. Whenever the memory that GuBai was ripped apart by zombies resurfaced, his heart ached. The ache penetrated deeply to the bone, to the heart, and to the lungs. It was so painful that it made him forget the difficulty from escaping he suffered. So, in this life, no question asked, he would avoid those events repeating themselves.

Thinking of this, Murong asked one of the awakened soldiers, Chen Liang, to come to find him.

"Young master," Chen Liang said as he was approaching Murong.

"You come," Murong said and nodded. "I have a mission for you."

"Yes, young master," Chen Liang acknowledged.

"Go to see my uncle Chen Fang and ask for an intelligence report on the person name "Gu Bai." He should be the boss of one of the Mafia gangs in the Anhui region. Then, you contact him for me. Tell him that we have an interesting business proposal to discuss with him and schedule face to face meeting at Xinjiang as soon as possible."

"Yes, young master," Chen Liang confirmed. "But, which business should I tell him if he asks?"

Murong thought for a bit and said. "Tell him...we have a rare sword to sell. Actually, I change my mind. Let's have a look at his file first. Report to me when you obtain his profile."

"Yes, young master," Chen Liang saluted and went out of the Chen's Library.

In Murong's past life, Gu Bai was very talented at the sword. Not just because of his sword profession, but he was also extremely enthusiastic about it even before the apocalypse. This sword bait should be good enough to persuade him to come.

Another three days had passed before Chen Liang came back with a pile of documents that related to Gu Bai. We spent about a day doing a cursory reading. From the look of it, the Black Dragon gang's main businesses were gambling dens and smuggling.

Murong handed the Goblin's sword to Chen Liang and said. "You take this sword and capture a video of it, hitting on a mountain pile of steel. Then, you send the video to them as a sample. He will be interested in it for sure."

Murong then paused and thought for a bit. "And, also tell him that we would like to have a large smuggling deal with him. If we could agree on the deal, he could consider this sword as a gift. That way, he would know that this deal is a big one."

"Yes, young master. I will do it right away." Chen Liang said. Then, he walked out of the room to do what Murong suggested. Not waiting for long, Chen Liang came back and reported to Murong that another side was eager to meet with them. We could meet them four days later in Xinjiang.

"Good job, Ah Liang," Murong praised. "Tell, Wuya and Juren to prepare themselves. They will have to come with me too."

"Yes, young master." Chen Liang replied.

"As for you, pack your bag and prepare to leave tomorrow." Murong casually said.

"Yes...wait...young master? Our appointment is four days later, not tomorrow. Isn't it too soon?" Cheng Liang asked with a confused look.

"Who says you will leave a the same time as me? I will send you to somewhere else." Murong said with a smile on his face. "Your destination is the same province but different cities. I want you to go to Fuyang city and investigate something for me. The detail of the mission I will tell you tomorrow once you are there."

"Ok, young master. I will do as you said and be ready." Chen Liang replied.

"Good...and remember to be careful. We are dealing with the underworld outside our territory there."

"Yes, I understand. Thank you for reminding, young master." Chen Liang replied. Then, he continuously walked away from Murong, leaving Murong to contemplate the plan alone in the night.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Another chapter is done! Hope you guys enjoy it! As always, don't forget to vote and leave your comment! :) --- Thank you! 🙂

Single Hamster

11