Chapter 8 – Hints And Intermingling Tongues
111 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up in a tangle of feathers and legs.

I sat up, dizzily looking around. Harry, Fred, George, Lee, Terry, Draco, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were all asleep on the floor around me, and my legs had intertwined with Fred and Lee's while I slept. Terry and Draco had curled up together in their sleep too, and I bit my lip to suppress a giggle. I ship it!

I had explained to them all last night, up into the early hours of the morning, exactly what had happened while I was gone. I had taken Harry out to the privacy of the corridor and we discussed what it meant in terms of our relations. We weren't sure if we were actually blood related anymore - as I was an angel and had been sent to Earth instead of being conceived on Earth - but Harry insisted that it didn't matter either way, I was still as much his sister to him as I was before, no matter what. At that I then burst into tears and hugged him for a solid ten minutes, then went back inside the room and Terry pointed out that technically we are still siblings, as I had been planted in my mother's womb with Harry anyway. 

I told them about Gabriel telling me I was bisexual, and to my unsurprise, they accepted it fully. My squad had always loved me no matter what. Except that strange week at the end of third year when Terry acted like some possessed guy. 

None of them also seemed to give much of a shit that Voldemort was back, though. Except Hermione, of course. Fred, George, and Terry found it extremely amusing. 

Then, at four in the morning, Dumbledore came to fetch me and took me to his office to discuss the past few days. We agreed that the news that Tom Riddle was back should be kept quiet for now, to avoid panic. He promised he would let me know more about my angel-ness at a later date, then hurriedly sent me off. I was left quite confused, and I had came back to my dorm to find everyone basically having a party.

But now everyone was passed out on my dorm floor, and I flapped my wings out over everyone loudly, grinning. Most of my friends sat up quickly, shrieking or scrambling up into fighter poses. Terry, Draco, and Lee were the only ones left on the floor, Lee woken but not bothered enough to move, and the other two still asleep, Draco's arm around Terry's waist, cuddling my best friend into him. Fred and George snickered, getting out their phones and taking pictures. 

"It's so CUTE!" I exclaimed loudly. The two boys woke with a start, and immediately Draco noticed where his arm was. 

"Agh! No! What?!" He scrambled up, yelling, and I nearly pissed myself with laughter. 

"I mean, I know I'm hot Draco, but no need to attach yourself to me." Terry smirked lazily as he rolled over and stuck his face into the carpet, falling right back asleep. 

The storm had blown itself out, though the ceiling in the Great Hall was still gloomy; heavy clouds of pewter grey swirled overhead as we all examined our new timetables at breakfast after Fred, George, Lee, and I discussed magical methods of ageing ourselves and bluffing our way into the Triwizard Tournament. 

"Today's not bad... outside all morning." Ron said, who was running his finger down his timetable. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures... damn it, we're still with the Slytherins..."

"Double Divination this afternoon." Harry reached over and high-fived me: we all took the absolute piss in Divination, so it was a fun class to be in. 

There was a sudden rustling noise above us, and a hundred owls came soaring through the open windows, carrying the morning mail. Harry and I looked up, but there was no sign of white along the mass of brown and grey. Had Sirius even gotten the letter...?

My little black Snidget pelted towards me and dropped off the usual: gifts from student admirers and acquaintances, random shit from Dudley, a couple of chain letters from Terry, a rose from Draco, a strange book from Amy. I looked at the cover, which read 'Go To Hell, Animals' and showed a cartoon picture of a farmer tipping farm animals out of the back of his truck. 

Well then.

The other owls circled the tables, looking for the people to whom their letters and packages were addressed. A large tawny owl soared down to Neville and deposited a parcel in his lap - he almost always forgot to pack something. I mean, same. On the other side of the Hall Draco's eagle owl had landed on his shoulder, carrying what looked like his usual supply of sweets and cakes from home. He winked at me as he waved a packet of Hershey's Kisses at me, and I whipped back round in my seat, grabbing a piece of toast and stuffing it into my mouth while blushing. 

In greenhouse three, Professor Sprout showed the class the ugliest plants I had ever seen. Indeed, they looked less like plants than thick black giant slugs, protruding vertically out of the soil. Each was squirming slightly, and had a number of large, shiny swellings upon it, which appeared to be full of liquid. 

"Bubotubers." Professor Sprout told us briskly. "They need squeezing. You will collect the pus -"

"The WHAT?" Seamus said, sounding revolted.

"Pus, Finnigan, Pus." Professor Sprout said. "And it's extremely valuable, so don't waste it. You will collect the pus, I say, in these bottles. Wear your dragon-hide gloves, it can do funny things to the skin when undiluted, Bubotuber pus."

Squeezing the Bubotuber pus in each other's faces was as fun as it was disgusting. By the end of the lesson, most Hufflepuffs and all Gryffindors were covered, and several pints had been collected. 

"Up to Madam Pomfrey, all of you." Professor Sprout said exasperatedly. Our class all giggled and cackled as we pushed and shoved our way up to the hospital wing, Suzanne and I leading the way with the most skin deformities. 

Once we arrived to Care of Magical Creatures, separating from the Hufflepuffs for them to go to Transfiguration, we discovered that we were late. The Slytherins were already feeding these strange creatures with eggs and frog livers and grass snakes. They looked pretty disgusting, like.

"First pus and now this." Seamus muttered. 

"You can't complain, Seam, you were squirting it all over Dean." I sniggered, and he shot a glare at me.

I couldn't suppress the suspicion that the whole thing was entirely pointless because the things - Blast-Ended Skrewts, apparently - didn't seem to have mouths.

"OUCH!" Dean yelled after about ten minutes. "It got me!"

Hagrid hurried over to him, looking anxious. 

"Its end exploded!" Dean said angrily, showing Hagrid a burn on his hand. 

"Ah, yeah, that can happen when they blast off." Hagrid said, nodding. 

"Yanno who else's end exploded?" I snickered to Dean, and he struggled to keep a straight face. 

"Eurgh!" Lavender said. "Eurgh, Hagrid, what's that pointy thing on it?"

"Ah, some of 'em have got stings." Hagrid said enthusiastically (Lavender quickly withdrew her hand from the box to Shannon and I's giggles). "I reckon they're the males... the females've got sorta sucker things on their bellies... I think they might be ter suck blood."

"Have you got a sucker thing...?" Draco whispered to me at the back of the group, out of sight of everyone else, his hand trailing up my side. I shivered. "Maybe somewhere else on your body...?" His hand reached up to my mouth, and I jerked away violently. 

"Godric Gryffindor!" I exclaimed in the same way a Muggle would exclaim 'Jesus Christ!'. "Oh my Godric, Malfoy!"

Draco was pissing himself on the ground. I didn't bother helping him up as I skittered back over to Lavender, Parvati, Hermione, and Shannon, giggling slightly. 

"What happened?" Parvati leaned in excitedly. 

"Draco basically hinted that he wanted a blowjob." 

"Wow!" Lavender said in surprise.

"Godric!" Hermione blinked. "That's so rude! In the middle of class?"

Shannon just smirked at me. 

I seriously think he's spending too much time with Terry. Ever since Draco and I got together, those two have been hanging out more. Draco is learning how to be annoying as fuck and more mischievous each day. 

"Girl, I think you should." Parvati leaded back against the wall of Hagrid's hut, inspecting her nails. 

"Should what?" I said vaguely, snapping out of my thoughts. 

"Suck his dick, duh." Lavender put in, grinning. 

Before I could reply, another voice had said loudly over the top of everyone else, "Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive." It was Pansy, being sarcastic as always. She seemed to have taken over the role of Floppy, who usually said things like this. Speaking of Floppy, where was he? I whirled around and there he was, leaning against the fence surrounding Hagrid's pumpkin patch, a few metres away from the rest of the class, just... watching. His arms were folded and a dark smirk was hovering slightly over his lips, a shadow cast over his face by his floppy hair. 

I shivered and turned back around. 

"Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?" Pansy was saying, still sarcastically. 

"Just because they're not very pretty, it doesn't mean they're not useful." Hermione snapped. "Dragon blood's amazingly magical, but you wouldn't want a dragon for a pet, would you?"

Harry, Ron, and I grinned at Hagrid who gave us a furtive smile. 

"And besides, Pratinson, I wouldn't mind very much if I had a pet that could do that." I spoke up, grinning. "That just sounds like the definition of fucking FUN." 

Pratinson smirked nastily over at me. I blinked and turned away, back to Parvati and Lavender who were discussing how I could bring up the subject of blowing Draco to him again.

"I don't think you even need to bring it up, just shove him against a wall and drop to your knees." Lavender said to me, and Parvati nodded enthusiastically. 

In Divination later, Harry and I were both surprised by Professor Trelawney suddenly appearing from right behind us, saying, "Good day." We both jumped. 

"You are preoccupied, my dears." She said mournfully to us. "My Inner Eye sees past your brave faces to the troubled souls within. And I regret to say that your worries are not baseless. I see difficult times ahead for you, alas... most difficult... I fear the thing you dread will indeed come to pass... and perhaps sooner than you think..."

Her voice dropped to almost a whisper. Terry rolled his eyes at me, and I looked stonily back. 

I was chilling at my usual table with Dean and Seamus. Terry, Draco, and Amy were next to us, and Harry and Ron on the other table next to us. 

"Hey, Draco." I hissed to him as Trelawney murmured on about the planets or some shit to the class.

Draco turned in his seat. "What?"

"...The planetary rays, which intermingle..." 

I smirked at him. "Can your tongue intermingle in my p-"

"DAISY." Seamus muttered.

"What?" 

I looked around; the whole class was staring at me. I grinned at them, and they grinned back. 

"I was saying, my dear, that you were clearly both born under the baleful influence of Saturn." Trelawney said to Harry and I. 

"Born under - what, sorry?" Harry said, who had been gossiping to Ron and not paying attention either. 

"Saturn, dear, the planet Saturn!" Trelawney said, sounding irritated that we weren't riveted by this news. "I was saying that Saturn was surely in a position of power in the heavens at the moment of your births... your dark hair... your mean statures... tragic losses so young in life... I think I am right I saying, my dears, that you were born in mid-winter?" 

Terry and Draco giggled.

"No." I said. "We were born in July." 

Our three tables hastily turned their laughter into hacking coughs. 

Half an hour later, each of us had been given a complicated circular chart, and were attempting to fill in the position of the planets at our moment of birth. It was dull work, requiring much consultation of timetables and calculation of angles, but Terry and I fulfilled our duty as Insurgent members and made it fun: our three tables were soon messing around and snickering every few seconds.

"I've got two Neptunes here." Harry said after a while, frowning down at his piece of parchment. "That can't be right, can it?"

"Aaaaah..." Terry said, imitating Trelawney's mystical whisper. "When two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry..." 

Seamus, Dean, Ron, and I sniggered loudly, though not loudly enough to mask the excited squeals from Lavender - "Oh, Professor, look! I think I've got an unaspected planet! Oooh, which one's that, Professor?"

"It is Uranus, my dear." Trelawney said, peering down at the chart.

"Can I have a look at Uranus, too, Lavender?" I said. 

Most unfortunately, Trelawney heard me, and it was this, perhaps, which made her give us so much homework at the end of class.

"A detailed analysis of the way the planetary movements in the coming month will affect you, with reference to your personal chart." She snapped, sounding much more like Professor McGonagall than her usual airy-fairy self. "I want it ready to hand in next Monday, and no excuses!"

"Miserable old bat." Ron said bitterly as we joined the crowds descending the staircases back to the Great Hall. "That'll take all weekend, that will." 

"Lots of homework?" Hermione said brightly, catching up with us. "Professor Vector didn't give US any at all!"

"Well, bully for Professor Vector." Ron said moodily.

We reached the packed Entrance Hall. Suddenly, a loud voice spoke up behind us.

"Hello again, Weakling."

I turned slowly, my hands curling into fists. Floppy was standing there, alone, hands in pockets and smirk on face. Everyone in the Entrance Hall had fallen silent to watch.

"You looked pretty hot while you were screaming the other day." Floppy said casually, his smirk slowly growing wider. 

"Yeah? Well you're gonna look pretty hot when I set you on fucking fire." I growled at the bitch.

He stepped closer until he was right next to me, bending down to whisper in my ear. "You're going to do whatever I want..."

"Why the fuck would I do that?" I snorted.

"Because you know very well that I can take you right back to the Dark Lord." He growled lowly. "And if you don't cooperate, I will."

"Whatever, you ugly bitch." I rolled my eyes. "You're forgetting I'm ten times more powerful than you." 

"So you think..." Floppy purred with a strange, evil gleam in his eyes. 

I opened my mouth to retort, but he leaned further into me, his mouth right next to my ear. "I'm going to tear you apart... I'm going to slice you open and rip you up until you're begging for me to kill you... then I'll fuck you 'til you're limp and crying, then -"

"Floppy bitch here has Chlamydia." I announced to the crowd. Hundreds of fellow students laughed loudly, and I smirked at Floppy's now bright-red face, turning away.

BANG!

Several people screamed - I felt something white hot graze the side of my face - I plunged my hand into my robes for my wand, but before I'd even touched it, I heard a second loud BANG, and a roar which echoed through the Entrance Hall. 

"OH NO YOU DON'T, LADDIE!"

I spun around. The strange guy that had winked at me in the Great Hall - 'Mad-Eye Moody' as everyone called him - was limping down the marble staircase. His wand was out and it was pointing right at a ferret with floppy brown fur, which was shivering on the stone-flagged floor, exactly where Floppy had been standing. 

There was a terrified silence in the Entrance Hall. Nobody but Moody was moving a muscle. Moody turned to look at me - at least, his normal eye was looking at me; the other one was pointing into the back of his head. 

"Did he get you?" Moody growled. His voice was low and gravelly. 

"No." I said. "Missed like the stupid fucker he is."

"LEAVE IT!" Moody shouted. 

"Leave - what?" I said, bewildered. 

"Not you - him!" Moody growled, jerking his thumb over his shoulder at Will Ash, who had just frozen, about to pick up the floppy ferret. It seemed that Moody's rolling eye was magical and could see out of the back of his head. 

Moody started to limp towards Ash and the ferret, which gave a terrified squeak and took off, streaking towards the dungeons. 

"I don't think so!" Moody roared, pointing his wand at the ferret again - it flew ten feet into the air, fell with a smack to the floor, and then bounced upwards once more.

"I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back's turned." Moody growled as the ferret bounced higher and higher, squealing in pain. "Stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do..."

The ferret flew through the air, its legs and tail flailing helplessly.

"Never - do - that - again -" Moody said, speaking each word as the ferret hit the stone floor and bounced upwards. 

"Professor Moody!" A shocked voice said. 

Professor McGonagall was coming down the marble staircase with her arms full of books.

"Hello, Professor McGonagall." Moody said calmly, bouncing the ferret still higher. 

"What - what are you doing?" Minnie said, her eyes following the bouncing ferret's progress through the air.

"Teaching." Moody said.

"Teach- Moody, IS THAT A STUDENT?" Minnie shrieked, the books spilling out of her arms.

"Yep." Moody said. 

"No!" Minnie cried, running down the stairs and pulling out her wand; a moment later, with a loud snapping noise, Floppy had reappeared, lying in a heap on the floor with his sleek brown hair all over his now brilliantly pink face. He got to his feet, wincing. 

"Moody, we NEVER use Transfiguration as a punishment!" Minnie said weakly. "Surely Professor Dumbledore told you that?"

"He might've mentioned it, yeah." Moody said, scratching his chin unconcernedly. "But I thought a good sharp shock -"

"We give detentions, Moody! Or speak to the offender's Head of House!"

"I'll do that, then." Moody said, staring at Floppy with great dislike, more than should be necessary for someone who just MET him. Wow, my respect for Moody is going up.

As he marched Floppy off towards the dungeons, I caught him looking back at me and winking quickly before disappearing. 

Hmm.

"Don't talk to me." Terry said quietly to Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I as we sat down at the Gryffindor table a few minutes later, surrounded by excited talk on all sides about what had just happened, furtively looking around him incase any of the teachers told him to move back to his own table. 

"Why not?" Ron said in surprise.

"Because I want to fix that in my memory for ever." Terry said, his eyes closed and an uplifted expression on his face. "Floppy Felix Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..." 

We all laughed. 

"He could have really hurt Floppy, though." Hermione said. "It was good, really, that Professor McGonagall stopped it -"

"Hermione!" Terry said furiously, his eyes snapping open again. "You're ruining the best moment of my life!"

I sniggered as Hermione made an impatient noise beside me.

She left to go to the library with Amy, Suzanne, and Shannon, and no sooner had she gone than her seat was taken by Fred. "Moody!" He said. "How cool is he?"

"Beyond cool." George said, sitting down opposite Fred. 

"Supercool." Lee said, sliding into the seat beside George. "We had him this afternoon." He told Harry, Ron, Terry, and I.

"What was it like?" I said eagerly. 

Fred, George, and Lee exchanged looks full of meaning. 

"Never had a lesson like it." Fred said.

"He KNOWS, man." Lee said. 

"Knows what?" Terry said, leaning forwards.

"Knows what it's like to be out there DOING IT." George said impressively. 

"Doing what?" Harry said. 

"Fighting the Dark Arts." Fred said.

"He's seen it all." George said.

"'Mazing." Lee said.

Ron dived into his bag for his timetable. "We haven't got him 'til Thursday!" He said in a disappointed voice.

"And nice extermination of Floppy, too." George nodded. 

"Yeah, what did that asshole say to you?" Fred threw an arm around my shoulders. 

"Oh, just the usual threats of torture and rape." I shrugged. "No biggie."

I tried to ignore the arm resting on my shoulders, though it felt actually... very nice. I looked across the room at Draco, who was already staring at me. He smirked lazily, and - 'Those lips would look so hot around my -'. 

Um... well.

I looked innocently back at him, and slowly licked my lips, leaning forward and biting them. Draco's smirk grew larger.

I drew out a lollipop from my pocket and stuck it in my mouth, reading his mind again - 'I would so love to eat her out...', making a show of sucking it slowly, letting my tongue stick out and wrap around the sweet. Draco's smirk dropped and a wide-eyed, lust-filled expression replaced it on his face. 

Fred's arm dropped from around my shoulders to grab something that George was handing him, and on the way brushed my back, where my wings would be if they were out. A burst of pleasure shot through me, and I arched my back, a moany whine escaping from my mouth. 

My friends all laughed, but the only thing I noticed was Fred smirking at me. Wow... his smirk is kinda hot...

And I was surprised to find myself... LIKING it.

1