Chapter 5
839 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The skilled sorceress looked over at the nearby view of the city, glancing at the buildings of the main capital before looking over at the white snake struggling to keep up with her pace.

"Kari, do you wanna be on my neck?"

The snake struggling to keep up with her narrowed it's eyes, obviously unsure on whether to trust her after feeling the powerful bloodlust directed to him not too long ago.

"My neck is comfortable and it would be a pain if the citizens freak out if they see you"

Avery said so while scratching her head, knowing how much people tend to freak out over such trivial things . The white snake nicknamed 'Kari' looked at her warily before nodding it's head, giving in to the advantage and comfort of a human.

Wrapping around her neck and feeling a her skin, Shakaria made sure to be gentle at the procedure and not accidently choke the human sorceress. Feeling the warmness of the human before him and the faint scent of dry wood and books, he felt slightly nervous at the scent that attracted him.

"You...reek of books"

Muttering quietly, The woman walking towards the main capital looked at him and said "Oh yeah, I heard snakes smell through their mouth."

"Well, although we have our nose. We also have the ability to smell through our mouth"

"ehh, isn't that interesting? You all can just taste the smell of the things around you?"

The white snake laying on her neck nodded, feeling proud at the accomplishment of evolution. Not only do they have the convience of smelling using their tongue but the way they detect heat from their vision is cool too!

"wow,  you're really fond of your race aren't you?" Avery said with a chuckle, noticing the white snake's proud expression once they started talking about snakes. 

"Well,  although snakes are known as unnerving fearsome reptiles. We are always compared with big animals like lions and tigers."

Kari said so, unconsciously opening up with the human and revealing his thoughts. The sorceress, noticing this smiled and said something that she had been curious at. 
"Oh. also, I heard snake mating is quite pitiful. Specially for the female snakes"

The white snake froze, staying silent after hearing the human's word.
'Mating' is really brutal for them, he had never been interested in mating but had seen the cruelness of mating for them. 

"well.. Uh,  Let's just say it isn't the most pleasant situation"
Awkwardly saying so, The female human decided to not pry anymore. Deciding that it may be a sensitive topic for the ancient snake.

  ********

The main capital was full of people, Specially because foreign people are coming to the country due to the news of the missing sorceress.

"wow,  it's packed.."

Shakaria mumbled, using his heat sensing eyes and observing the humans while laying on Avery's neck.

Avery had already put on her cloak to prevent people from noticing them while glancing cautiously at the imperial knights guarding the place. 

The people seem to be discussing and whispering things to one another, Their eyes flickering with dread and fear while looking at the foreign guards from the neighboring country. 

"We had been sent here by King Lucia, Ruler of Avendele. To inform you all about the news of the continent's missing Sorceress!"

The people around them gasped in fear and shock while whispering amongst themselves, discusing about the roaring news. 

"missing? Who's the continent's sorceress?"
The white snake on her neck asked,  obviously confused as to why the humans are freaking out.  Aren't there loads of sorceress in this world?  What's the big deal of one missing magician? 

Avery, hearing the snake's question averted her eyes and looked away. Lying with a smile while avoiding eye contact.

"er, it's probably just some dumbo who left cause they got bored of working for the continent"

"hm. Okay"
Shakaria didn't press anymore about the topic and only looked around, feeling  mesmerized at the scenery before him.

So this is the future..
He thought so while looking over at the flying carriages, people walking out of  portals and the advance technology that he would have never thought would exist. 

"The place were gonna go to is the Imperial museum, it's filled with ancient relics and artifacts. I'm pretty sure they won't mind if we borrow some for you"

The sorceress said without much care, not even flinching at the idea of stealing from the Imperial palace while the white snake was too absorbed at the futuristic features of the Capital. 

As the two were heading towards the Imperial museum, they talked while perambulating there. The infamous sorceress showing the ancient white snake around town and Enjoying each others presence, it was interesting how the two got along when it comes to Magical Technology.

Maybe it was because the two were born centuries ago, Both of them old enough to be anyone's great grandparents.

"They used the theorem created by Avorids research facility to create this barrier, only members of the Imperial Family are suppose to enter here and once an outsider comes in.."

Avery talked, her eyes twinkling with excitement at being able to talk about this while her tone was filled with exhilaration and eagerness.  After all,  it's been a while since she had talked with anyone.
Years upon years had passed and all of the colleagues that she used to work and get along with had died.

"hm.. You know you're stuff when it comes to magic huh"
Kari said so after noticing the female's wisdom, She obviously loves talking about magic and technology. 

"No shit. I've been living for centuries and have been searching for the answers to life, Anyone with a life this long should naturally know this much"

Avery said while grinning, Feeling a bit nostalgic and happy at the sight of her inventions and theories being used.

"Fair point. I remember the good old days where you would need to kill a magician's child for you're life just to be deemed worthy to the tribe."

The white snake said, also feeling a bit nostalgic at the days where magic technology didn't exist. It was survival at the finest and you would need to fight and prove you're worth to everyone.

"Ah~ Were too old for this generation."

"true"

The two talked with Ease, either because of their similar age or due to being one of the strongest. Walking towards the Imperial Museum while chatting about the wars that had happen all throughout history

23