Chapter 3: Passing Time & Choices
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having finally wasted a good portion of his time watching everything from engineering videos, sports stories, various eastern animation reviews, and styles. Snowdrop decided to focus on online publishing and eastern books. He'd been reading for a good 4-5 years and he had some experience in writing and video creation. However it was time to get serious, and he decided to do some research on what made a successful channel.

The cool thing about the Y-station software and UP Platform is that, it had so many features from short videos, audience engagement, metrics, and various channel customization. The way the software developed was a whole ecosystem that was designed to attract people's attention whether it be educational or entertaining. The company owning the UP platform was a major internet giant that had integrated search systems, general traditional internet media and was a major software developer that was able to adapt and innovate quickly. Although there were various competitors, a lot of high and low level resources were available for the UP platform, especially amateurs like him.

Vimeon, dailymote, creep, and streaming services were always looking to intrude on the market. However Y-station was an old giant with international users, created in a wealthy country, backed by billionaires, and was at the forefront of entertainment especially for amateur users with a large community.

So of course with such complexity, the rules and features had to be slowly learned. The major area's that Snowdrop had to be careful of was the music industry, various legal copyright disputes, dealing with theft (from facesmash), and the question of monetization and advertisement.

Although those were things he would need to develop and grow in the future, as a budding / aspiring content creator he needed the software and hardware if he wanted to start. So he quickly made a list of things he need, video software, a microphone if possible, and some tutorials to reference later. There were so many paths to take and so many options that it was a major time investment he wasn't expecting.

First off, video software, would he focus on professional software developed by Delphi called aurelius or would he choose some more open source software such as green studio or intermix vse? He'd previously used free recording and editing software such as itheater, cinemark, toonimation, and crowdicam. Everyone on the internet recommended this and that, spewing out names like Vesalius, OVS, MagiK 18.

After going though all the options, he decided to choose intermix vse for editing, although he kept Vesalius, itheather and odinlive on his list in case his first project went wrong. Since he was not going to be doing animating and art, he opted out of the Delphi suite and aurelius. He would use OVS to record any footage he needed with stock footage from undash, quickmedia, picabay, and glimmer. There was plenty more things to pick and use such as CMU Visual Audio for audio editing. However those things could be figured out as things went along.

Having downloaded all the software theoretically Snowdrop was ready to begin, however there were still many features he'd have to learn, bugs to experience, and the frustration that comes with making and editing videos.

...

...

As a title video, although new and starting off, he decided to create a script, record it, animate or video edit some B-roll (splice together videos) and photos, and then publish it. Having a rough plan in mind. Snowdrops got to work.

Snowdrop took a novel of his that he really enjoyed to test out the viability of what he was getting into. He knew that content creation was difficult, but he didn't know how difficult it was to create such a simple video to the levels that experienced content creators released. Imagine that the best of the best could do it and release daily, some things look simple and glamourous from afar, but up close it was a beheamoth of work to get done.

Anything done well enough, was difficult no matter how simple. Whether it be sports, streaming, or content creation. Snowdrop can only imagine the hours of work and experience needed to accumulate to some of the biggest UP creators there were.

Snowdrop choose to settle on something novel, an amazing sports classic by the prolific writer Ling Hai Ting Tao. It was a long book, and there was only so much he could cover, but Snowdrops tried his best. He contemplated what went into a novel review, why would one read a book? what were it's selling points? who was the author? When was it written?

He laid out some groundwork including some history, various tags and recommendations, length, context and more. It was a long script, however somewhere in the back of his head, Snowdrops worried that it was too short. Having no sense of context for writing and deeply engrossed in his research, Snowdrop quickly started amassing a list of resources and facts to point out.

However at this point, his computer started to get quite angry. The keyboard was steaming hot, the fans of the computer were starting to make distressing noises, and his laptop was becoming slow to respond. It also didn't help he was downloading large packages from the internet left and right. So at this point he decided to press the off button and call it a day.

AN:
sorry for the info-dump and acronyms. Honestly I probably should have released it slowly, one name at a time so it makes more sense because looking back and reading this chapter it's a mess and it's ugly to read. It progressively got worse as I wrote, however for those in the know it's an interesting smorgasbord of names and actual software. Guess which one's you can guess:

0