Chapter One
217 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When he opened his eyes, Hung Ju-Long found himself still standing in the woods near his village but somehow he felt something was strange. Furrowing his brows he looked at the cloud brocade he was wearing, he could clearly remember wearing jeans and a sweater as he set off last night but now he was standing in the woods wearing ancient Chinese robes that only nobles could wear at that time. His two sons and daughter were also dressed similarly and even the cloaks were clearly made of high-class materials, but why was he wearing it?

He looked around and saw he was still in the woods and from the looks of it he wasn't far from the village so he turned around and walked in the direction of the village only to come upon a small forest, he tight frown appeared on his face and he began to look for traces of it only find a road, he stood there for a while and finally decided to head right, he found himself walking for a long time before he ended up in a small town.

He just found himself staring around in awe until he heard a small cry and looked down at his daughter, Hung Ming-Yue, the one-year-old looked up at him with dark watery eyes that contrasted with her white steam bun face making her cute, she made a gesture with her mouth and he knew it was time for her to feed and a little while later his sons, Hung Ming-Ru and Hung Ming-Sheng would wake up to eat. He found a corner to sit down and opened the bag he had been carrying, there was nothing to eat, only clothing and a box, and he opened it and nearly cried out because it was filled with silver and golden notes along with a few loose pieces of silver and copper coins.

Ju-Long looked around and then took out a few strings of copper coins and silvers putting them in the pocket for his robes and then closed the box and packed it back into the bag under the clothes and closed the bag, he held Ming-Yue and picked up the bag going into a restaurant when he found people that were dressed similar to himself. A waiter that was standing at the door walked over and welcomed him in before leading him over to a free table, he silently accepted the menu and watched the person leave before opening it.

Looking at the menu that was written in traditional characters he found himself confused at what was written for a few seconds before the words suddenly cleared up and he could clearly understand what was written. He called out to the waiter and ordered some food for himself along with milk for the children, when his food came he set it aside and picked up a bowl of milk, blew on it, and slowly fed it to Ming-Yue.
He stopped when she pushed the spoon away and then burped her before setting her down at his feet on a blanket and handed her a rattle, he left the other two bowls of milk to cool and then went ahead to eat. But he had to stop halfway through and take turns feeding, Ming-Ru and Ming-Sheng, he burped them and went back to his lunch.

Soon after the waiter came and asked if he was finished when he said yes he was handed the bill and could only arch his brow before paying silently and leaving. He held Ming-Yue while the twins were wrapped to his body and then walked around the street before finding what he wanted. The woman at the counter looked up when she heard someone enter and smiled "Welcome t0 Lin's tailor shop, how can I help you, the customer?"

Ju-long looked at the woman and then smiled politely when he saw the twinkle in her eyes when she saw him and hoped she won't be upset. "Oh I'm looking to sell some clothing and I wondered if you'll be interested."

The woman's face stiffened for a split second before she continued to smile and slowly nodded "well if the customer is willing to show me the material then I will consider it." She said and then lead me to the backroom, Ju-Long opened the bag I was holding and pulled out all the clothes he had brought with him.

The woman was shocked for a second and then went about checking the clothing before nodded, Ju-Long looked at her as she counted the worth of the clothes and then told him the price before giving him the money. He smiled at her "I wanted to sell what we are wearing, but before that, I want to buy three sets of cotton clothing for myself and my three children." The woman nodded and then left the room to find what he asked for, a few minutes later she came back with what I asked for.

Ju-Long waited for her to leave before changing into the cotton clothes and then took the other sets of clothing he wanted, setting them aside for the purchase, he changed into his clothes and then changed his children before calling her back in and letting her know what he wanted, after paying her he left and looked around to find somewhere for them to sleep tonight and then the next day he would get the information he wanted and decide where to go from there.

4