Chapter Four
121 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He took his writing tools and went outside with a large piece of clear paper and began to design the house, he had a lot of money so he could build the house as extravagant as he wanted but since he wanted to blend in with the other villagers he wouldn’t do that. The house was meant for him and his children to live in for a long time maybe he would live there till he died, so he made four rooms for him and his children to each have their own and then two more for guests.

Then he made one room to hold a large library and with enough space for him and his children to use as a study, a room at the side that was going to be a large kitchen, a small room to welcome guest, one room to act as the central room, and halls to connect them, then there would be three spare rooms and at the back would be a small house for bathing and using the toilet along with washing clothes, with a sheltered path that led to it and with that there was still enough land to plant vegetables at the back, he looked at it and saw that it might take longer than he calculated to build the house so just in case he would just rent the current house for a longer time.

When he was finished he carried the lamp and his writing tools back to the room and set them down on the table, he locked up the house and then changed into his sleeping clothes and out the lamp. He laid down on the outside of the rows of pillows and made sure his children were okay before closing his eyes and falling asleep, that night he slept without a single dream.

That morning he had slept a bit late but still got up and checked on his sons and daughter as soon as he did, they were all wet from peeing their napkins, so he got up quickly and took off their wet clothes. He put them in the corner of the bed with a cover over them and picked up their clothes dumping them in the corner with the sheet to wash later, he replaced the sheet and then picked them up one by one to wipe off and change into new clothes.

He went to the kitchen and warmed up a pan of milk and then let them feed in turns, by the end of it he left them to play on the bed with their stuffed toys and rattles, then took the clothes and went out to the well. He set them down, took out a large tub and filled it with water from the well, and then used the soap he purchased to wash the clothes and sheets one at a time and also rinsed out the other two set of clothes he had, when he was finished he set the clothes to dry on the bamboo racks and then went to make his own breakfast.

He made plain congee and fried up some of the vegetables and meat he bought, he made some tea and then went to check on the children before eating, when he was done, he showered with hot water, washed his hair, and brushed his teeth. He got dressed and went back to check on the babies, they had all fallen asleep so he adjusted their posture and went to the door and sat down with a towel to dry his hair when he was done he pulled it into a ponytail.

He went back to the room and put away the paper he would show to the village head, he held the twins to his chest and strapped them to him, when he was finished he picked up Ming-Yue and headed out the door after locking it. It was quiet as he walked to the village head’s house and when he got there Aunt Sun and her sisters-in-laws were quick to take the babies from him, he laughed and thanked them before going with the village head and his brothers.

They sat down and he took out his plans and showed them to them, the older men all looked over it and then looked at him “You’re sure you want it so big because it will cost a lot and would take nearly three months to build.”

Ju-Long looked at eldest uncle Yan and nodded “it’s fine it cost more, I intend to live in this house for a long time with my children and even after they are married they will still live there so I want to use the best materials to make sure it last, along with the best hands.”

Eldest uncle Yan nodded and then they discussed him paying to rent the house for another two months, what materials they would use for the house, how much it will cost and who to hire for the job and how much they would be paid, they talked for over an hour before coming to a decision and Ju-Long handed over the money and waited for it to all be handled.

3