Chapter Nine
88 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day Hung Ju-Long woke up early in the morning before there were even signs of the sun rising, he had been waking at that time every morning since three months ago and so he had gotten accustomed to it. Even the martial arts he would train every day had become second nature to him and he could always feel himself getting stronger. This caused him to just feel better, knowing that as long as he was strong he would be able to live healthily and would stay with his children for a very long time.

When he was finished he went to the well to go fetch some water for his bath, when he pulled up the bucked he looked at his reflection and smiled. The martial arts he had been training was one that the original had found in an old room of his mother's family home. When he had first found it, it didn't have a name but he thought it would help him get out of his predicament so he started training in it and kept at it for the remaining years of his life.

At first, it was hard to even get the first move right and it took him many days to be able to even grasp it just a little, but because of the things he had been through he was determined to change his life and at the time he thought this was the only key. After he had started getting good at it, it seemed to be more than just plain martial arts and so even when he trained it he made sure to hide it from anyone as to not arouse suspicion and have it taken away.

The martial arts didn't just make him stronger, it seemed to improve everything even his youthfulness and for Ju-Long he planed that when his children were older they would also start training it, he figured that if they started earlier they would have better results. Ju-Long went and took his bath and scrubbed the sweat out of his hair, as he did he looked at it and frowned, his hair had grown very long over the past three months.

When he first came it was only hanging halfway down his back but even if he put it in a high ponytail now it would brush his thighs. Ju-Long felt that even in this society where long hair was considered the standard he didn't have any business having it so long. He felt it would get in his way and hinder his productivity so he wanted to cut it, but all the same, he wasn't sure if anyone in the village would help him and he didn't think he could do it himself.

When he was done washing his hair he dried it out as best as he could and simply put it in a high ponytail, he knew because of the status of the original he always wore his hair up and put a crown on it. But for him, he just found it too tedious and it wasn't like he was being in the capital, no now he was living in a village where they wore ponytails to a certain extent. If he wore his hair like that then he would just stand out from the villagers and he just wanted to get along with them and blend in fr the sake of his family.

When he was finished he got dressed and returned to the room, Ming-Yue, Ming-Ru, and Ming-Sheng were just opening their eyes as he entered the room. A smile came to his face as he went over and picked them up, as usual, they were wet but Ju-Long wasn't bothered by it as he took them out of the room and to the kitchen. He used the remaining warmed water and gave each of them a bath before drying them off and dressing them.

His children weren't one to cry and fuss when they were bathed, in fact, they seemed to like being in the water so when he had time Ju-Long wanted to teach them to swim even if he had to build a pool in his yard just for Ming-Yue. When he was done he placed Ming-Yue in her high chair, while he had asked the carpenter to make the furniture he had spoke to him about the chair.

It was made of sturdy bamboo while the cushions were made of the softest cotton so it wasn't uncomfortable for her to sit in it, as for the twins they weren't able to sit properly on their own as yet so he would have their chairs made when they were able to. Instead, he placed them down in a small basket that was layered with a cotton cloth and had them rest near their sister while he worked on preparing their breakfast.

Since he needed to do some running around today he decided to make more than he usually ate in the morning and since he had the money had all the ingredients he would need to prepare anything he wanted to eat. Looking at the ingredients he decided to make Sichuan-style chicken with the noodles he had available. He took out the chicken he had stored away and begun prepping it, when he was done he took out the other ingredients and worked on them.

When everything was on the stove he took out a steamed yam that was stored in the cupboard and smashed it into a paste with some milk after he had warmed it up. He poured the rest of the milk into two small bowls and then took the yam to feed Ming-Yue, the baby happily tapped on her chair as she ate to the last bit. Ju-Long helped her to burp, wiped her face then went to feed her brothers.

As he did he wondered about making some bottles for them, but since glass and plastic weren't a thing right now then he could try making it was bamboo or something. He put the idea on the back burner and cleaned the twins after feeding them before he went to eat his own meal.

5