Soldier’s post-life as the spirit of a princess Chapter 3: News, interrogation, and Rumours
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days earlier, the town of Remios a couple of kilometers from the Alaxend-Jurusili border.

Monu and his crew were outside the walls of Remios, a Trading/Fortress town along the Remes river, designated to keep the borders safe, even though there hasn’t been much action recently, as the Macedonian empire is to busy dealing with the Buryats and Zhongguo from the Oriental Far East. They arrived at the gate.

“If it isn’t the hero Monu, and princess Presia, what brings you to this fine town?”

“We just came back from an expedition to kill the demon king.”

“The demon king, you mean the demon lord? Cause I believe the Empire of Presia doesn’t have a reason to mobilise against the Macedonians, as they’re busy dealing with Buryats, and Zhongguo alliance.”

“I mean the kingdom of Jurusili.”

The knight was shocked for a moment then he gave out a request to the other knights.

“Send a messenger to Lord Remios and messenger to the capital! We must let the council know that Elven king Jurusili was assassinated by the hero!”

Knights were rushing to get a messenger to the castle.

“Alright, you guys come with me there's some explaining you guys need to do!” 

Lord Remios Castle Study room

Lord Leo Remios one of the richest and most successful businessmen in the kingdom, he may not be as rich as the Warlords of Zhongguo, or even emperor Presia, but pretty successful himself. Currently he was overlooking this week's progress on the expansion of the port. His overview of the reports was interrupted by a knock on his door. He went to the door and opened it. It was his butler who had a message from the walls.

“Sir the knights have an urgent matter to discuss, and wishes for your appearance.”

“What’s the problem that it requires my oversight?”

“Well… What I have been told, the Hero killed the Elven King Jurusili.”

“Have they sent a messenger to the capital?”

“Yes when they learned of King Jurusili’s death from the hero, Knight Cronos ordered the sending of a messenger, to both the castle, and the Royal Capital. The messenger will arrive around two days from now. The hero and his crew is currently under supervision and is currently being held in the fortress, for interrogation.”

“I see, take me to the fortress. I myself have some questions.”

“I shall arrange the carriage.”

Remios went down stairs. His daughter ran in his arms.

“Daddy! Why have you been hiding in the study all day long?”

“Sorry, I have to manage the town. But sadly I can’t play with you now, as I have some important matters with the hero.”

“Oh, can I come with you?”

“No you can’t it's very important.”

“The carriage is ready, Lord Remios.”

“Alright, look sweetie I can make it up to you by taking you to the Royal Capital for the Princess’s celebration on her successful summoning.”

“Alright!”

Remios left the castle to a waiting carriage, when he got inside there was one of the knights.

“So could you explain to me more details on what you found out. All I know is that King Jurusili was killed by the hero, he should’ve been sent to Macedonia instead?”

“Chances are that he should’ve been sent to Macedonia, but because the demon lord killed the envoy from Lord Chinggis Khan, of submission, the Buryats are currently running over the demon lord's armies.”

Remios scoffed “Why do we need a hero when he kills the wrong people? All we can do is just respect Lord Chinggis Khan, and ally with him.”

“Well from our observers that Lord Chinggis allowed, they say they are still taking heavy casualties, from the demon lord's direct intervention, to the point where the entire Oriental is aiding Lord Chinggis against the demon lord's armies.”

“I see even with their archers and advanced tactics, they still are having a somewhat hard time, dealing with the demon lord.”

“Yes it would be a matter of time before the Central East gets involved as well.”

“At least the demon lord is outnumbered by a lot, his armies will eventually run out of manpower. Back on to the topic of the Hero. What have you found out?”
“Well we're still trying to figure that out, but from what he says, he thought he was killing the demon lords puppets, and making the world a better place.”

“Considering the fact 70 years ago in his old world one of the bloodiest wars occurred so bloody in fact that its death count couldn’t be counted exactly.”

“Yes, my thoughts exactly my lord.”

“But it's impossible to get a perfect world, the word utopia in Doric means a place that doesn’t exist.”

He looked out the window and saw the landscape pass by, and eventually he saw the Town, it was bustling with trade ships moving up and down the river for trade. Eventually they reached the town's fortress.

When they got to the hero’s and his crew's cell, it wasn’t like most cells, it was much more nicer, with even sunlight coming from the outside.

He entered the room where they’re being held.

“So tell me why did you kill King Jurusili?”

“It was an order from Emperor Presia and the request from the people who live near the border. We were told the Demon Kings, or Elven Kings armies, were causing havoc and raiding towns and farms.”

“We have made no such request in the last 5 years, and even the Elven kings armies made no move whatsoever, even then trade continued. Yes there have been raids, but those have been carried out by bandits.” 

‘I wish I could execute him now but he’s the hero, and have protection from emperor Presia to the point where killing him will be a declaration of war.’

After asking more questions, from the hero and his crew they let him off. But by that point word of the Hero killing king Jurusili already spreaded out to the countryside and the town of Remes, the sister town on the Elven side of the border.

Unnamed Tavern, Remios

 In an unnamed tavern, people were gossiping about the mess up by the hero.

“Have you heard.” said a drunken man.

“Heard of what?” another drunken man said.

“The hero assassinated the King Jurusili of the Elven kingdom.” He took a sip of his beer.

“Really he did? If he is a hero then why doesn’t he go to the Macedonian Empire and kill the demons that actually live there?” Asked the other one.
“Well I’ve heard that Buryat empires’ envoy got killed and his head was raised on a pike, this pissed Cheggis Khan, so they’re at war with Chiggis Khan.”

“Really? That's brutal as hell,” he took another gulp of his beer then he asked “Is there anything else?”

“Well… This is related to the Presian empire. I’ve heard rumours about the water supply being drugged with some sort of curse to where it forces you to be loyal to the person who put the curse on you, and the hero might be under its effect.”

“Well it's just a rumour, so it may or may not be true.”

............................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you for reading this chapter. Give your thoughts on how I did this chapter, and Cut!

1