Chapter XIII, In Which Peyton PRANKS Her GIRLFRIEND?! [END]
1.9k 12 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay, that's all for today, guys! Don't forget to check out me and Nikki's new channel, where we'll be talking about our life as a couple, answering questions, and more! And check out my Twitch highlights channel, or join the stream. The schedule is on screen! I stream every Tuesday and Thursday at 3 pm Pacific time, this week we'll be trying a new game that just came out so make sure to check it out! Love you guys, peace."

Peyton stopped recording and sat back with a sigh before letting out a huge yawn. "Babe, why am I so sleepy?"

Nikki, sitting just offscreen, laughed. "Maybe it has something to do with that triple espresso shot you drank yesterday? I'm pretty sure that had enough caffeine to kill a horse."

"Oh, is coffee poisonous to horses? Like chocolate with dogs?"

"What? I--anyway, I think I saw you at the computer when I used the bathroom at, like, 3 am."

Peyton blushed, "Babe, I was editing! And I didn't  want to let Jenny do it because... I really wanted to do this one myself."

Nikki laughed and ruffled Peyton's hair. "Of course, for your super special secret video. Ma'am, if that turns out to be an elaborate prank I will be less than impressed."

"It's not!" Peyton said quickly, "It's a really serious video. Um. And I think you're gonna like it."

"Well,it better not be something gross, Pey, or I WILL rescind snuggle privileges."

"No. It's definitely not gross. I think," Peyton said, "Um. Speaking of pranks, though... I did have one idea for a video that I'd really like your help with."

"Oh, really?" Nikki raised an eyebrow. These days, Peyton's pranks were much less incendiary and more on the wholesome side, but it was rare that she asked Nikki to be involved with them.

"Yeah," Peyton took a deep breath, "So, it's basically a fake proposal kind of thing? Which I know sounds really mean, but it's a super popular kind of prank these days, and I think I have like a new twist on it that could be really good. And obviously I wouldn't want to actually prank you like that, because it would be super mean, but I thought maybe we could do a staged version?"

"Hmm," Nikki said, "I guess that could be... kind of funny."

Peyton nodded frantically, "Yep. Yes. It totally would be. And all you would need to do is, like, watch this video I made, and then at the end, turn to me like you're expecting me to propose, but instead I'll just be like "gotcha!" And then you just pretend to be mad."

Nikki frowned, "And that's it?"

"Kind of," said Peyton, "It'll make more sense when we do it. Please babe? I know you'll be really good."

Nikki sighed, "Okay, Pey. If you say so."

"Great!" said Peyton, leaning over to do something on the computer, "And you're already made up and you look really pretty and the lighting is perfect and we're sitting in the same places where we kissed the first time okay let's do it now."

"What?"

"Here, we're recording." Peyton hit the button to start the video.

A slideshow of photos and clips from older videos started playing, complete with fade and pan transitions. The whole thing was scored by Tegan and Sara's "Closer". It was absurdly dumb and cheesy and Nikki loved it.

Finally, the music swelled and the video stopped on a single clip that Nikki didn't recognize. The music cut out as on screen Peyton turned to the camera and said, "Uh, Nikki. You're really cool and stuff. And cute. And smart. If I hadn't met you my life would definitely be way worse. So... I think it would be pretty awesome if you'd marry me?"

Nikki bit her lip. Even thought she knew it was just a prank, that video was so sweet. And she loved Peyton so much. If this had been a real proposal, Nikki realised, she definitely would have said yes.

She steadied herself and turned, waiting to see Peyton's goofy "I pranked ya!" grin.

Instead, she saw Peyton looking nervous, and hopeful, and holding a ring.

She gasped, "Pey?"

"Surprise," Peyton said sheepishly, "It's not a prank."


 

103