Chapter 14 — Evolution and Mysterious Fog
1.3k 9 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An unknown amount of time passed since the two aliens Raya and Six escaped from the destruction of the hive, and during this time they hunted various herbivorous creatures, obtaining an abundance of Bio-energy points.

Raya thought about how to allocate her points then settled with upgrading Voracity and Avarice. Right now, she still couldn't upgrade Acute Sensitivity and Rapid Digestion is a little redundant as her natural digestive system is already quite strong.

She couldn't feel any changes from Avarice's upgrade, but it was the complete opposite for Voracity. Both the insides of her mouth and her teeth became sharper, stronger, and more resilient.

It was now up to her instincts to figure out what the changes were.

⌈ I have a feeling I can evolve into a Warrior soon ⌋

An envious gaze stabbed Raya's sides and when she turned to the direction it came from, she saw Six returning from a hunt.

⌈ You've grown stronger again ⌋ (Raya)

⌈ Compared to you, it's nothing ⌋ (Six)

Raya was very surprised in the past few days with Six as the latter showed quite the talent in hunting and her potential for evolution was no less than her own.

They continued traveling north for several more days crossing hundreds of kilometers. Raya had figured that this planet was likely uninhabited and that the facility she and Six escaped from was the only one. This was just her speculation though.

Apart from the timid strange looking animals around, there weren't any natural predators which they both found a little more than strange.

Of course, not all animals had natural predators so Raya initially shrugged it off as a special habitat or species, but after traveling a large distance there still weren't any predators to be seen.

⌈ Strange. Shouldn't there at least be a single dominant apex predator? ⌋

Worry started to grow inside Raya's chest as they traveled further up north, and the further they traveled, the fewer creatures appeared.

⌈ How close are you to evolving? ⌋ (Raya)

⌈ Half way maybe? I don't feel like shedding but there's a slight itch now and then. Why? ⌋ (Six)

⌈ I think it would be best if you evolve faster. I have a feeling things are going to get a bit... Interesting soon ⌋ (Raya)

For the next week, the two made home inside an enormous dead tree the size of a skyscraper in Raya's past life.

The reason they chose to stay here was not only because Raya was on the verge of evolving, but also because they felt a sense of danger in the distance.

Raya also found out that the level 2 Voracity allowed her to grow by consuming some metals and minerals. When she understood that it would help her more than eating flesh, she stopped hunting animals and left them all to Six.

Name: Raya

Titles: The Perfect Organism (+2 more)

Race: Xenomorph

Stage: Warrior

Height: 8.2 ft

Length: 19.7 ft

Skills: Rapid Digestion (Lvl 1) Voracity (Lvl 2) Avarice (Lvl 2) Bio-armor (Lvl 3) Acute Sensitivity (Lvl 1) Beast of the Hunt (Lvl 1)

Bio-energy points: 98.8

Finally, on the eighth day after staying inside of the dead tree, Raya evolved to the next stage.

Her strength increased several times, even her skills had become a little stronger, specifically Bio-armor which started to look like scales.

The feeling of danger that weighed over them lightened significantly which boosted Raya's confidence.

She also wasn't one to shy away from a dangerous situation so she immediately made up her mind to enter this danger zone.

Crawling out of the hollow tree trunk, she waited outside until the sun started setting before preparing to leave. It was then she remembered Six had yet to return, so she reluctantly sat back down and waited for another hour.

The two of them rarely interacted with each other, not even having a conversation longer than two sentences before going off to do their things, so Six was a little surprised to see Raya waiting for her.

⌈ You evolved? ⌋ (Six)

⌈ A few hours ago, yes ⌋ (Raya)

⌈ You waited outside just to tell me?⌋ (Six)

⌈ No, I'm about to head North. I feel like it won't be as dangerous now. Are you coming? ⌋ (Raya)

Six fell silent for a moment before nodding her head slightly.

⌈ Okay. Let's go ⌋

Just like that, they both left their temporary home running towards the North with Raya in the lead and Six following closely behind.

The closer they were to the Northern Forest the quieter the surroundings became and the fewer creatures appeared.

After traveling for at least two hundred kilometers they left the vast forest and stopped at a sandy gray beach.

Violent waves crashed against the shore loudly as the sea breeze surrounded the two aliens.

What stunned them though was the endless wall of fog that stretched across the horizon and connected the sky to the sea.

47