Chapter 2 — Alien Outbreak
2.5k 9 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room I had entered through the ceiling vents held a row of xenomorphs restrained in the same customized circular chair I was held in, with each of them having a number burned into their head; 1 2 3 5, and 6.

[Hive Telepathy] activated on its own— technically it's always active but— the closer I got to the others (xenomorphs) the stronger the connection until finally when I was close enough I could hear their thoughts.

⌈ Release us ⌋ x5

Hissing and banging sounds filled the room and only became louder over time, the cause of which was myself who simply stood unmoving without helping to free them from their restraints.

Why? I was internalizing a complicated situation in my head. To release them would mean to set free ruthless killing machines that'll kill or harvest every human in the area. My conscience didn't allow me to let that happen, but at the same time, logic and survival instincts screamed to help them. 

Ultimately, I decided to help them, and apologize to the future innocents about to be slaughtered. But I made a promise to help those that I can... Perhaps to justify my actions and lessen the mounting burden piling on my soul.

⌈ Okay, wait for a second ⌋

I telepathically told them which surprisingly calmed them down a lot. The five of them silently watched me as I crawled on all fours towards a suspicious-looking control panel.

*Crash! Spark!*

Once the panel was destroyed, the energy powering the xenomorph restraints was gone, but they were still locked which needed my help as well.

Returning back to the nearest xenomorph with the number six on their head, I destroyed the metal clamps around its limbs. She stepped backward to leave the cage-like chair then made her way around it and lunged towards me, slamming me onto the cold tiled floor and cracking it below us.

⌈ Ugh... What the hell- ⌋

My head was pushed into the ground while her face neared the side of my head. Her inner jaw peaked out of her mouth almost touching my face as a loud yet low growl escaped her mouth.

⌈ Ally or foe ⌋

I could tell that if I answered the latter, she would kill me right then and there.

⌈ I-I'm an ally, but I don't want to kill... ⌋

Alas... That was not an answer she seemed to accept as her pressure on my head increased as her inner jaw retreated back inside her mouth. I could sense she was ready to puncture my head but suddenly stopped.

⌈ Escape the facility and gather at the main entrance ⌋ (Queen)

Who was that? I felt compelled to obey her orders and found it hard to not do so. Six, who was still above me, leaped away to help free our siblings.

⌈ You won't survive long if you don't want to kill anyone ⌋

She said as she glanced at me. I was now sitting up but was staring at the floor as if sulking to myself.

⌈ You're right. But if I can avoid killing them, then I will do so ⌋

⌈ Foolish ⌋ x4

This time the other four replied to me, which made me a little embarrassed. They were all quickly rushing towards the door when Six stopped to look back at me.

⌈ The Queen has ordered us to escape and regroup with her. Let's go ⌋

⌈ Right... ⌋

All of this still seemed like a dream to me. And who I used to be seemed to have already been lost, replaced by this emotionless heart of mine. I could already tell that my personality had changed a lot, but I still want to hold onto my humanity. Or whatever's left of it.

I followed behind them as we turned a few corners and corridors. Several rooms we passed by held more of our brethren. 1 2 3 and 5 went to help free them, increasing our numbers as we matched down the main hallway. 

In the distance, there were already tens of xenomorphs fighting the marines who had been stationed there ahead of time. I didn't know when but loud blaring sirens echoed throughout the facility.

Six seemed to be keeping an eye on me — metaphorically — but with the chaotic environment we had entered she had no time to, as dodging stray bullets and fending off approaching marines kept her busy.

I took this moment to back out of the group and rushed down the large hall, entering a nearby corridor.

"DIE YOU FUCKERS!!!" 

*BRRRRR* 

Gunfire and shrieks filled my ears as I approached the end of the corridor. I could sense that around the corridor were several marines blocking the way with a single sentry unit.

⌈ How do I get past them... ⌋

Vents.

That was the obvious option, so I retraced my steps until I found a vent in the lower part of the wall.

Several minutes later I had crept past the sentry unit and marines who were still holding their position, and dropped into a vacant room, or rather, a small cafeteria, like a staff room.

⌈ I should be safe from both the marines and xenomorphs for a short while ⌋

I wanted to live a little longer. And staying with my brethren would ultimately lead to more conflicts with the humans. While showing myself before humans would lead to my immediate death. This is why I wanted to find a vacant room to calm down and sort out my thoughts.

*Thud*

At least, I thought this room was vacant. I immediately became alert and crouched low to the floor, creeping behind the tables and chairs until I made my way slowly toward where the sound originated from.

⌈ Was it a mouse? ⌋

The origin of the sound came from a cupboard I was now in front of. It was unlikely that a human would force themselves into such a tight space, so my guard immediately dropped along with the tension in my muscles.

Curious, I opened the cupboard and froze stiff as what I saw in front of me was not what I was expecting.

87