Chapter 9 — Conflict, Temptation, Leveling Up Skills
1.4k 10 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Human. Marine Fireteam Elite Soldier. 2.5 Bio-energy points]

[Human. Marine Fireteam Elite Soldier. 2.5 Bio-energy points]

[Human. Marine Fireteam...]

[...]

The team had an average of 2.5 Bio-energy points with the commander having the most. 

Raya who was carefully observing them picked up the scent of her brethren. Just from how condense the scent was, there was a high chance most of the hive was moving, and rapidly approaching the marines.

From the reaction of the marines it looks like they found at the approaching threat as well, but for now they were still a large distance from each other.

Marching deeper into the dark tunnels, the path split into 3 slightly smaller ones. 

⌈ Well, this makes things easier for me ⌋

Raya waited until all groups entered their respective tunnels before following the left side tunnel, keeping a safe distance away unnoticeable by their motion trackers.

It wasn't long before the first conflict started between the marines and aliens, which is precisely the moment Raya was waiting for.

Picking up her speed, she dashed along the caves ceiling when she came to an abrupt halt. 

Crawling out through one of the smaller crevices was a drone glaring at Raya with it's jaw slightly ajar.

⌈ Six? ⌋ (Raya)

⌈ So it was you. Traitor ⌋ (Six)

⌈ . . . ⌋ (Raya)

⌈ Still a coward, I see. Then it'll be easier to get rid of you, even if you've grown stronger since we met ⌋ (Six)

⌈ Hah, I've changed since then ⌋

Six was the first to leap forward baring her teeth and slashing her claws at Raya's face. 

Raya who was on the defense dodged Six's leap attack then pounced at her with full force, knocking the both of them off balance and fell to the cold hard ground.

A slash came from below Raya followed by an intense pain coming from the large wound on her chest. 

Clenching her teeth tightly, Raya ignored the pain as she lowered her body closer to the floor, staring at Six's figure lurking just meters away.

⌈ You've changed since then? Do you think evolving a little faster would make you any better than me? ⌋ (Six)

The two aliens engaged in another fierce but short battle before breaking apart again, this time the outcome was different. There were several slash wounds and even a bite wound on Six's body.

⌈ Yes, because I have a golden finger ⌋

The lighter wounds on Raya's body was healing at a speed visible to the eye which stunned the other alien, even the larger wound was slowly healing.

Raya took that moment to approach Six at full speed, shoving her to the floor as the two tumbled down the tunnel biting and scratching at each other. Raya managed to land a lethal wound on Six by stabbing her in the chest with her tail, this was at the price of her shoulder being bitten however, leaving that arm disabled.

⌈ What... The hell are you? ⌋ (Six)

⌈ I'm a Hunter ⌋ (Raya)

Even though six was pinned to the ground by Raya's tail, she continued to resist with all her might. 

⌈ Let me ask you a question, sister ⌋ (Raya)

I forced her head lower until it was touching the ground and leaned closer towards her, my inner jaw peaking out from inside my mouth almost kissing Six's cheek.

⌈ Ally or foe? ⌋ (Raya)

It was very ironic, this moment, and I could even tell Six was slightly annoyed but her actions came to a stop as she calmly stared at me.

⌈ You think I'd betray the hive, my brethren, and my Queen for someone like you? ⌋ (Six)

⌈ Your hive and everyone in it is about to die, including your Queen ⌋ (Raya)

⌈ Bullshit. Even if the marines destroy the hive, they can't possibly defeat the Queen with their current weapons ⌋ (Six)

⌈ Who said anything about the marines fighting the Queen ⌋ (Raya)

Six stared at me with a weird gaze as if I had gone insane. She shoved me aside and sat up while laughing at me.

⌈ You want to challenge the Queen? By yourself? ⌋ (Six)

⌈ Of course not. We will ⌋ (Raya)

⌈ Hah... I'll decide whether to join you or not if you can actually heavily wound her ⌋ (Six)

With that last remark Raya watched Six's disappearing figure which darted towards another area with fighting going on.

Raya turned away with a smile then walked over leisurely to the ending battle with the marines and aliens. 

The aliens suffered more casualties compared to the marines but they also lost 2 of their members, halving their member count. 

"Fuck, just the first wave and we lost Johnny and Felix"

"These fuckers are definitely smarter than the other ones. Do you think the other guys are doing any better?"

"Probably... Not. Apart from the commanders team, we were the second strongest. Maybe the other group all died off, I just hope they completed their mission"

"Anyway, we should finish our task here and meet up at the rendezvous point. Pass the explosives, I'll set it up while you cover me"

"..."

"Paul?"

The marine who was complaining just now turned around but was stunned to see Paul's despairing face. A red line streaked across his throat which grew bigger until blood came gushing onto the other marines face, painting him red. 

"Fuck-"

Stab

The last standing marines chest was pierced through by a long blade causing him to cough up a mouthful of blood. His body became weightless as it was slowly lifted and turned to face the jaws of an Alien.

***

[A Skill has been obtained through Avarice, Acute Sensitivity (Lvl 0)]

Name: Raya

Titles: The Perfect Organism – Rookie Apex Hunter – Beggars To Choosers

Race: Xenomorph

Stage: Drone

Height: 7.5ft

Length: 15.2ft

Skills: Rapid Digestion (Lvl 1) Voracity (Lvl 1) Avarice (Lvl 1) Bio-armor (Lvl 1) Acute Sensitivity (Lvl 0)

Bio-energy points: 258

Evaluation: The System is appalled by the host's cowardly behavior. As an uprising Apex Hunter, the host should be hunting powerful foes, instead of acting no different to vultures!

Having messed around with the system on her spare time and with no help from said system, she figured out she only needed to focus on a specific category to open more options for it. She did so for the skills category and immediately signed 100 points into [Bio-armor] upgrading it to level 2. She spent the remainder of points to awaken her new skill [Acute Sensitivity].

Her bio-mechanical looking armor was reinforced even more with the skills upgrade, solidifying certain parts of her body yet remaining flexible enough for constant maneuvering.

The area her senses could cover up to increase by almost five fold, reaching up to a kilometer with her at the center. Everything was even clearer than before, but the further away from her the blurrier it became.

Satisfied by her increase in strength Raya activated the simple explosive device before fleeing the scene in the direction of another group.

53