Chapter 12 — Escape (part 1)
1.2k 5 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the late release, I had to some things yesterday and didn't have the time to write. Thanks for reading.

Despite what Six said about allying with Raya earlier, she still had her reservations. Rarely attacking her fellow brethren as compared to Raya's mad onslaught. The Queen immediately noticed the anomaly behind her but paid little attention to it. Her real goal was the detonator in the hands of the Commander.

The Queen ordered about a third of the xenomorphs in the underground hive to attack Raya. She also paid close attention to Six's strange behavior of neither helping either side, simply watching from afar.

Raya didn't bother with Six's behavior for now as there weren't any life-threatening or crucial moments happening right now. She instead put 100 percent of her focus on the surging aliens surrounding her.

Biting, clawing, and slashing. Those were Raya's and the aliens' only means of attacking each other. Corpses piled around Raya as more aliens came rushing at her with furious howls, but no matter how angry they were, it didn't help them with killing Raya.

Right now, Raya may seem like she was winning, but the longer she dragged on this fight, the more danger she would be in.

"Hisss!"

Raya howled into the air before slicing the stomachs of several aliens around her with the whip of her tail. With the clearing of the area around her the others got a clear view of her injuries, both large and small.

The smaller wounds healed almost instantly while the larger, more lethal ones healed at a slower but visible rate. Such a fast healing factor left the aliens around her confused and angry.

While they were distracted, Raya had already devoured a few chunks of alien meat, bringing her total bio-energy points to 300. She then put all of her points into Bio-armor successfully upgrading it to level 3.

A massive change happened to her in that instant which lasted several seconds. Her physical abilities increased in all aspects, bringing her one step closer to a Warrior level entity.

Somewhere in the background, Six marveled at Raya's ability to quickly recover from her injuries. Perhaps if she continued following Raya, she would also learn how to heal her injuries that fast?

With newfound strength, Raya completely dominated the battlefield, crushing every opponent with a wave of her claws or a slash of her tail, occasionally biting a chunk out of their flesh.

The rest of the aliens became a little frightful of her and backed away, avoiding her gaze that swept across the field searching for its next prey.

⌈ Hmph! ⌋

Raya sneered inwardly at the cowardly aliens then continued her mad dash to the real battle.

By this time the Queen had caught up with the Marines and killed two of them with ease.

Her massive tail whipped towards another Marine, creating a slight whistling through the air before slamming onto his shield. The massive force sent him flying across the room spewing out mouthfuls of blood. If he didn't die instantly, he would soon after.

The Commander who was running in the middle of the group suddenly halted in his steps along with the Demolisher Marine. Two unknown grenades were thrown directly at the Queens head crest, exploding into a brilliant white flash upon impact, stunning the Queen momentarily as she shook her head crazily.

This gave them enough time to finally escape the underground cave, leaving behind an enraged Queen furiously trying to catch up with them.

Raya and Six however were just a moment faster than her, diving into the tunnel right behind the Marines.

"Fuck! They're right on our asses, commander!"

"It's alright. We just need to reach the evac point-"

BOOM!

All of a sudden, an explosion shook the caverns as debris fell from above, crashing towards the Marines confusing them into an abrupt stop cautiously dodging the falling rocks.

To make things worse, the Queens rampage combined with the tremors in the smaller tunnel causing the place to fall apart.

"What the hell happened to Team A's bomb!?"

The agitated voice that shouted just now fell silent from a pain that rose from his chest. The moment he lowered his head a burning sensation travelled through his throat and out of his mouth, coughing out blood onto the blade that pierced through his chest.

After the tremors settled the Marines finally noticed one of their own had a blade sticking out of his chest and immediately opened fire on the culprit hiding behind him. Gunfire resumed in the tunnels as another battle started between the Marines and Six.

When the two sides took the time to retreat, the Marines noticed that another alien was lurking a little further behind.

"It's the variant!"

One of them shouted. Variant was used to refer to aliens with strange or odd behaviors.

What brought all of their attention however was a massive claw falling from above towards the two aliens, creating a loud crash in the floor as dust obscured the view.

Unfortunately, the two were still alive, barely dodging the Queens sneak attack and countering with their own. Two shallow holes dripping with acidic blood could vaguely be seen amidst the dusty tunnel on the Queens arm in the shape of a bite.

Hissss!

The two didn't dare to stay any second longer and escaped with the already fleeing Marines.

A strange scene of a Queen chasing two aliens, who were also chasing after the Marines played out in the underground caves. Occasionally each side would attack the other, or both sides attacking one side.

Another Marine fell from the combined attack of the two aliens, dropping their numbers to only three. However, Six suffered from several bullet wounds.

The Queen had it on the easier end, shielding the Marines firepower with her massive head crest, deflecting projectiles and shielding her from small missiles or grenades.

Halfway through the tunnel another explosion echoed from behind followed by a massive tremor and the collapse of the ceiling. The Queen was the one who suffered the most from the caves collapse, shouldering an unimaginable weight until she could no longer hold on.

Raya glanced behind her and was thankful that the Queens path was now blocked off by a wall of rocks.

She was relieved for only a moment though because a sense of crisis overwhelmed her. There wasn't enough time to dodge the incoming bullets so she could only move her body to avoid her vitals from being injured.

Four bullets penetrated her Bio-armor and lodged itself into her chest leaving her gasping and hissing in pain.

The other two Marines also turned around firing a round of bullets in her direction. But Raya's timely response escaped the rain of bullets and hid behind a stalagmite.

⌈ Six, give me a couple of seconds! ⌋

I didn't get a response but I heard her disdainful scoff. I worriedly looked over but was relieved to see her distracting the Marines which gave me enough time to repair my Bio-armor. 

Raya immediately followed after Six as the two approached the panicking Marines. Their movements were erratic and unpredictable often hiding behind covers and constantly changing their directions.

Two Marines stood rooted to the ground in fear as the last thing they saw before losing consciousness was the aliens inner jaw biting through their skull.

The last Marine standing, the commander, slowly retreated down the tunnel. He had tried to reload his rifle earlier but the magazine had jammed so he had no choice but to abandon the rifle and pull out his sidearm pistol.

"Damnit..."

He cursed, desperately trying to think of a way out alive. His gun constantly switched targets between the two aliens. What pissed him off even more was that both of them seemed to be playing with him, matching his pace as they stalked him slowly on both sides.

Alas, there was nothing he could think of. The sound of his footsteps stopped and his arm lowered to his side.

"Raya, right? Tanya told me about you. She said you were a kind alien. Bullshit!"

BANG!

44