Chapter 17
3k 7 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Read the revised chapter 16 otherwise none of this would make sense

Day 4 of being stranded

Waking up, I was greeted by the cool breeze of the ocean water. The sun was also blistering hot, but not hot enough as to where it was unbearable.

The children were asleep and the sky was bright. Our food and water was running low, 2 days at most. With no sign of help or land, everyone started to become depressed, but I couldn't blame them, it felt like all hope was lost to me as well.

However, the last thing I could do was give up. I didn't want to go back to that life again, not with those women.

I heard a rumble, a stomach growling. The source of the noise was the little girl. Alex was secretly maintaining their health but hunger was a different issue at hand. I opened the bag, taking out 2 granola bars and a bottle of water. I left it in front of the two children for them to eat when they woke up. 

The woman saw this and quietly thanked me. For some reason, it seemed like she was afraid of me and Alex. 

I tried my best to make her feel comfortable. The amount of times we talked during this entire ride was enough to count on one hand. Passing the days by talking and making the children feel safe.

Suddenly, we all heard a rumble, causing the children to wake up and the boat to waver. Waves were forming, slowly becoming larger and larger.

Tsunami…

Tsunami! 

"ALEX! PEDAL!" I screamed. 

"Already on it." He replied as we both grabbed one padal and rowed as fast as possible. The children screamed and cried while the woman hugged them as tight as she could, I could see tears flowing down her puffy cheeks. "I'm sorry" she repeated over and over again to the children as she weeped.

I looked back as the water came crashing down onto us. I held my breath as the boat flipped, causing us to ragdoll down into the water. The impact of the tsunami was almost enough to make me black out, I couldn't imagine what it'd do to the children.

I looked around and could see the children sinking, along with the woman just under them. Her eyes shut tight as she held them both, desperately swimming back up. 

I swam over as Alex helped her swim back up. I took one of the children and went up, Alex and the woman following shortly.

But that wasn't all, a storm approached as another tsunami was forming in the far distance. 

'We're going to die' was my first thought, before handing the unconscious little boy in my hand to Alex. 

"I'm going to try to get the boat." I said before quickly diving down. The only thing I could see was darkness, the boat slowly sinking down into the dark abyss.

I was afraid, the ocean was deep, full of unknown creatures. The last thing I wanted to do was look down. I swam towards the nearly darkness-engulfed boat and desperately tried pushing it back up. When I realized I couldn't, I swam back up as fast as possible to ask Alex for help.

It was too late.

The tsunami had already formed as it came crashing down. I swear the last thing I could hear was a soft lullaby, ending off with a feminine giggle. 

55