prologue.
779 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Pant…pant...pant." Alicia sucked in deep gulps of air, his sword stabbed into the ground keeping him from collapsing onto the ground. He glared daggers at Corvus, the dark angel and now demon. His comrades, his dearest friends that have served with him for the last 3 years lay around, never to wake again. Alicia no longer find himself containing the mental strength to revive them, having done so 5 times in the last few hours, each. They deserve their rest. Even if it costs his own life.

 

Vari, the archer, was struck by Corvus's lightning multiple times. Her green tunic was now stained a dirty brown after Corvus struck her with lacerating blades of wind causing her body to erupt in a stream of blood and her hat was probably in tathers. 

 

Alexander, his fellow swordsman held out valiantly against the strikes Corvus threw at him. He was killed after Corvus unleashed his foul sensing lighting on him, making the armor that once protected him become his biggest weakness. His body was still smoking. 

 

Beatrice, the ‘thief’ of their little party made sure to leave her mark on Corvus as evident by the gashes on his wings. While dashing away from him his tail had stabbed her in the back, leaving a gaping hole in her chest.

 

And the celestial, Alicia Krieger, the celestial warrior. The champion of Celestria. His once beautiful armor mangled and it’s paint dull.

 

their journey had been long, nearing three years now. From the simple town of Angel falls to the corrupted Gittish empire. they had to bleed for every inch to get here. Conquered every grotto to free the almighty's fragments.

 

Only for them to fail to kill him.

 

‘NO he shall die today, no matter the cost!!’ Alicia thought, anger filling his veins. This monster shall not leave this realm alive. Reaching into his inventory he pulled out one of the concoctions Veri and Alicia had made, granted it tasted horrible. Popping open the seal he drank the vile bottle. As soon as it was all gone the champion threw away the bottle and in just a second his veins seemingly boiled as his wound bubbled and sealed themselves shut. Alicia’s breath quickened and he shakily stood up catching Corvus’s attention.

 

“Oh? Does the worm still have some fight in it?” the Trap could just barely hear the taunts over the blood pounding in his ears. “No matter, once you're dead I will erase the mortals from existence!” He yelled insanely, having been fully corrupted by the dark energy that now surrounds the two.

 

Alicia didn’t say anything instead casting gigaslash, forcing him to block the lightning attack. While he was preoccupied with the massive lighting, vaguely sword shaped, attack. he casted mend on his armor, fixing it with a ear piercing shriek as metal was forced back together. While he knew it didn’t matter as soon enough it would be broken again, he nevertheless kept striking him with the empowered sword. 

 

As gigaslash cut out Alicia went on the defensive, raising his shield. Corvus’s body had gained multiple new wounds from the relentless assault. He snarled at the Celestial before launching lightning strikes in return which in turn forced him to dodge. He knew just how powerful those dark purple attacks could be and resolved to not get hit by them

 

The original plan to fight Corvus was simple, Alicia couldn’t attack him because of the fact Celestial could not defy their superiors even if they weren't recognized as such. So with a Fygg in hand Alicia resolved to remove any and all ties he had to the Celestial race. However at some point in time he had become a full fledged demon and not even his lover Serena could bring him back. This was before they had used the fygg (un)fortunately  Which leads to the current situation, with Corvus as a demon they had to improvise. Something good did come out of this however. Well if you could count it as good.

 

Instead of being a minstrel Alicia was something different. The young trap had become a fallen celestial. Because of the fickle nature of the Fygg he could no longer be counted as a full celestial, having fallen to protectorate (earth) and lost nearly all of my celestial powers in the process. It had seemed the Fygg had used that as a loophole around the rule that prevented him from attacking him. Now instead of the pure white wing Alicia was ‘born’ with, gray wings with blood red tipped feathers were now attached to his back.

 

Unfolding his wings Alicia was launched into the air, casting miracle slash as he went into the air adding a green tint to his sword. Using the hand protected by his shield he casted kacrack launching ice spears at Corvus. Seeing the dozen spears heading towards him Corvus curled his tattered wings around him, barely blocking the spears but leaving them even more wounded. 

 

As he unfurled his wing Alicia once again launched himself at him, casting dragon slash causing a fiery aura to seemingly attach to the sword. He blocked the swing with his arm, the strike doing barely anything. Again and again Alicia casted sword spells, making his sword flash rapidly in over a dozen of colors. 

 

"Insolent worm!!" Corvus spat, spit flying everywhere. All Alicia did was glared at him through the helmet's visor, yet refusing to waste the breath on him. Flinging himself backwards the trap just barely dodged a slash from his claws. He continued to cast spells, hoping to strike him only for most of them to be blocked or dodged. Everything from fireballs and chunks of solid ice to streaks of light and darkness appeared.

 

While attacking him memories of their quest came to his mind.

 

Falling into the waterfall of angels falls, meeting Erinn and marching through the hexagon, defeating the hexagoon and saving Patty.

 

 He cast falcon slash hitting corvus multiple times. He was just barely able to keep up with the lightning strikes.

 

Of stornway and the black knight, coffinwell and the ragin' contagion, bloomingdale and the lovely marionette, all these places.

 

Alicia was ripped out of those thoughts by Corvus who struck the fallen Celestial in the chest causing blood to spray out of his mouth. Crashing into the ground Alicia laid there in pain Corvus had broken some of his ribs. Alicia forced himself into a kneeling position and casted full heal and mend, it took everything he had not to scream as the broken ribs were forced back into position and seemingly burned together. Standing at his full height again he started making a list of spells and attacks to use next.

 

Launching back into the air he watched as Corvus summoned an orb of pure darkness. Alicia recognized it as his most powerful attack, having enough power to wipe the planet of all it's life supposedly. 

 

He grinned triumphantly at Fallen. "IT'S OVER 'HERO' I HAVE THE POWER OF THE ALMIGHTY, I WILL WIPE THE MORTALS FROM EXISTENCE." He yelled insanely, a maniac look adorning his face. He started to concentrate and Alicia could feel the mana in the air being forced into the orb.

 

Alicia knew he had to stop him, lest Corvus will kill everyone the trap loved. However because he had wiped Serena from this realm the trap could no longer have her… ugh… redeem Corvus and because his sword wasn't working Alicia had to use the last plan. drinking another full restore potion, Alicia winced as it burned, before casting as many spells as possible.

 

'Gigaslash, dragon slash, falcon slash, metal slash, miracle slash, gigagash.' he thought casting every sword spell that was known to him before he started casting buff skills. Every single one of them. Even the ones he didn’t want to use. 

 

Alicia took a deep breath. No one is supposed to cast so many spells in quick succession and he could feel his burn scars starting to roar in pain. launching himself at him swinging the massively empowed sword at the orb.

 

"NOOOOOO." he heard Corvus scream as the blade inched closer. Just as the blade was about to hit-

-Alicia woke up In his bed drenched in sweat. Still laying down the Celestial brought his right hand up to his chest, trying to calm his rapidly beating heart. 

 

"It's been awhile since i thought of that day." Alicia spoke softly. hearing the sound of a clock in the background ticking helped calm him down somewhat. The ‘dream’ was from when Alicia battled Corvus a year ago. Before He was transported to this world.

 

Alicia slowly closed his eyes hoping he could drift back to sleep, he had school tomorrow and it wouldn’t be proper to walk in looking like a zombie

10