chapter 7
340 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alicia really tried to get away from Issei before the pervert could drag him into whatever thing he was doing, he really did! But he had spotted the Celestial before he had the chance to get away which leads him to his current predicament. Tagging along with the two as Issei apparently showed the nun, whom he now knew was called Asia, around the town of Kuoh. he really didn't know if Issei was doing this because of how adorable the nun was or because he's a pervert.

 

“So tell me sister Asia, what brings you to Kuoh, from what i understand there aren't many people who follow the christion faith.” Alicia asked the nun.

 

“Oh umm I'm here to help with the restoration of the nearby church… but I don't know where it is and I got lost…” Asia blushed as she admitted to being lost.

 

“Well don’t worry Asia, we'll help you find your way.” To cement his point Issei gave the nun a thumbs up.

 

“We will?”

 

Asia brightened like the sun upon hearing Issei declaration, clasping her hand in front of her as she looked upon them with starry eyes..

 

“Really! Oh bless you Issei.” Asia exclaimed before facing the Trap. “and bless you Alicia! God must be smiling upon me to have met such wonderful people.”

 

Seeing the young nun extremely happy killed any arguments he was going to give. Alicia sighed, it looks like he’s helping a nun today. It's not like that would be the weirdest person he’s helped. Issei looked a bit uncomfortable as she prayed, giving the cross on her chest the side eye but apart from that looked quite proud of himself. As the trio walked in the general direction of the church they were startled by the sound of a child crying. It didn’t take them long to locate the kid, who was just outside. 

 

Issei watched bemused as Asia jogged over to the crying child who looked like he scraped his knee, before his eyes widened as once she put her hands over the scraped knee a pair of emerald rings appeared over her middle fingers. Bright green light shone over as Asia healed the child's knee. Alicia felt an eyebrow rise as it became evident the young sister was actually using a healing spell. From what he heard from Konny, healing spells are not easy to aquire. 

 

“There you go, all better.”

 

“It doesn’t hurt anymore! Thank you nice lady.” The Kid ran off once Asia finished her spell, probably to get hurt elsewhere. She must have seen the way they were staring at her since she blushed.

 

“S-sorry i couldn’t help myself.” Asia stuck her tongue out like a cat for good measure, making the two smile.

 

(fucking ducke)

 

Alicia stared at the church in the distance, it looked just as he expected. Old, run down, and in dire need of repairs judging by the fact the bell tower was half collapsed. He knew the fallen angels and their underlings used it as their base so he was kind of hoping he was wrong and there was another church he didn’t know about. 

 

“There it is, my new home.” it might have been the slight accent she had but Asia sounded bitter.

 

“Hey Asia, can I ask you a question?” Issei had his hands behind his head as he walked and seeing the questioning look the nun sent him, he continued. “What was that thing you did back there? That's an amazing power you got.”

 

Asia blushed at the complement but nevertheless spoke. “Oh it’s a wonderful thing i’ve had since i was born, the fellow nuns always called it an amazing gift from god when i was younger.”

 

“I can see why.” Alicia said, finally taking his eyes off the church. “They must have showered you with praise when you were younger huh.”

 

“Yeah…” Asia sounded downtrodden as she looked at the ground. For a split second that is. “Oh i must thank the two of you for accompanying me.”

 

“You don’t have to do that Asia, it was my pleasure.” Alicia waved off the nun. Next to him Issei stared at the church with an odd expression on his face, something he noticed. “Is something wrong Issei?”

 

“N-no it just… that's the only church in town.” Issei scratched his cheek as he tried to come up with something to cover up the odd feeling he got. “I’ve haven’t seen anyone go up there since i was a child, and it seems a bit dangerous for her to go up there.”

 

“Well… would you like to accompany me then?” Asia gave the perverted boy a blinding smile as if to relieve his concerns. Issei wilted as he came up with an excuse.

 

“S-sorry but i promised my club president, I would do… something for her.”

 

Asia looked like a despressed kitten as her face fell and Alicia sighed, something about this felt stupid to him and Issei being unable to walk up to the church for some odd reason meant he was the only one able to bring Asia to the fallen angel base. Was he happy about this fact? No. 

 

“Come on Asia, I'll walk with you.” the Celestial waved behind him as the two walked off in the distance. “When I'm down I'll meet you back at the occult club.”

 

“O-ok see you then.”

 

For a moment there was silence between the two, Asia not really knowing what to say and Alicia content with the silence surrounding them. As they exited the main part of town and entered the forest surrounding the church. The Celestial eyed the trees around them, feeling the eyes of what was most likely a fallen on him and had to suppress the urge to roll his eyes. Did they really think he was here to kill them? Regardless he stopped around 50 meters from the church's entrance making the nun stop as well and give him a confused look.

 

“Asia, before I leave you to your own devices I would like you to promise me something.” Alicia still had the same look as before, a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. 

 

“Is something wrong Alicia?” Asia gave him another adorable tilt of her head as she stared at him in confusion.

 

“If something happens and they try to do anything to you in any way shape or form, you head for the same park we met at, ok?” He had seen the angel hiding inside the ruined bell tower while he was walking up but didn’t feel as threatened as he probably should standing in front of the enemy base. 

 

“O-ok…” Asia looked more concerned now, so Alicia gave her a reassuring smile to hopefully calm her down.

 

“I only say that because I believe your ‘friends’ don’t like me very much.” was it smart to basically mock the people who were going to be taking care of Asia, also no. but that wasn’t going to stop him. “And I fear they may attempt to bring out that anger onto you.”

 

“Ehh?” That was apparently the wrong thing to say because now Asia looked alarmed.

 

“Just remember what I said ok. Now if you will excuse me, I must be making my way back to the academy, me and Issei were supposed to head back when we were done.” Deciding his job was done Alicia waved Asia off and started to walk back into town, not watching as a different fallen angel guided the nun inside the church. Alicia would love to simply grab the adorable nun and hide her inside his apartment; he doesn’t know if he could legally do so, in either worlds to be frank. For all he knows the church could rear its head in because Asia is a nun or the fallen angel government could come after him.

 

‘It would be easier if Asia came to them for protection’ is what was coming though his head.

 

(this is fucking dumb and i can’t chage it without redoing the scene for the 5th time, besides a week isn’t enough for him to understand the legal affairs of this shit.)

 

Alicia sighed as he noticed the fallen angel attempting to hide behind the tree not far from him. It was one of the ones that tried to kill him a week ago, the male one. 

 

"You are terrible at hiding, I do hope you realize this." Alicia said nonchalantly, as if he didn't have some planning on stabbing him behind him. They were far enough from the church that hopefully Asia wouldn’t be able to see this.

 

Said fallen gritted his teeth as he glared at the trap, the light spear in his hand was gripped tight enough that his knuckles were white. He had already been humiliated by this stupid halfling and had no intentions on letting it do so again. His sister had tried to tell him it was no use but Jack had elected to be a dumbass instead. Leaping out of the trees with his spear positioned in front of him Jack attempted to impale the Celestial like a kebab.

 

Alicia sighed again as he held a hand out, some people.

 

“Kazammle.” instantly a dark purple ethereal collar formed over the fallens throat, stopping him dead in his tracks and his spear to go flying. Thankfully away from him. Alicia spun on his foot as he trekked closer to the fallen, staring him directly in the eyes as he did so. “Hello again… Jack was it? I would say it's nice to see you again but that would be a lie.”

 

Jack thrashed in the air as the ethereal collar pulled him to the ground and he could feel it tight against his neck, he attempted to hook his fingers on the collar as he glared at Alicia. “Let me go from this thing you stupid halfling so i can kill you!”

 

“Seriously?” Alicia gave him an unamused look before twisting his hand. two chains conjured and latched itself to his wrists, pulling them away. “Why in the name of my lady would I do that?”

 

“You're a disgusting halfling that's why!” Jack snarled out, spittle flying around.

 

He had to resist the urge to sigh again as he snapped his fingers. This time a dagger appeared in the Celestial hand, also ethereal because he was still casting Kazammle and could freely manipulate the soul-smothering energy at his finger tips. He ran a finger across the side of the blade as he stared the fallen down.

 

“How about this instead, i give you an ultimatum.” Alicia’s tone had become cold as he stepped closer. “In my hands is a dagger made of a special kind of magic, dark magic is the vague terminology the mortals have given it. Not out of malice mind you. Instead it's because certain types of magic have some rather... horrifying effects.”

 

“What? Are you gonna make me wet myself?” 

 

“Nope, I'll snuff out your soul.” You could practically feel how dry his tone was. .

 

“Really? You want me to believe you have a weapon that can affect my life force, the very essence of a living being.” Jack couldn’t help but snark. “The number of beings that can do such a thing can probably be counted on two hands with fingers to spare.”

 

Rather than responding to what the Fallen was saying Alicia flicked his wrist and Jack's right arm was presented to him. Normally Alicia wouldn’t do what he was about to do but call it petty or whatever but Asia reminded him far too much of Marinette to simply allow this jerk and his group of fallen and exorcists to simply be allowed to do whatever they have planned without a warning.

 

With a swipe of his hand the ethereal dagger passed though his pinky finger without causing any sort of wound. Visibly that is. The instant the dark purple dagger ‘cut’ his finger Jack knew something was wrong. He tried clenching her hand only to see all but the mentioned finger move, outstretched and pointing at nothing.

 

“I am going to explain this as simply as possible for you to understand.” Alicia’s tone broke no argument as he forced the Fallen to look him in the eyes. “Should I find out you have hurt Asia at all, I will come back and kill you and your group. Should you try and kill any of the devils in this town I will kill you. The moment you try something I will ‘remove’ the church’s door and I will take this dagger and well… you can figure it out.”

 

Jack kept trying to clench his finger only partially hearing the Celestial walk away.

 

Just what the heck was this thing.

 

(TCOD)

 

“Issei, Alicia.” Rias set her paper down and gave the two the biggest glare she could. Issei went ramrod straight while Alicia gave her a side look. “I don’t want you two to go to the church ever again.”

 

“...eh?” 

 

Turns out Rias really wasn’t happy about what they had done. 

 

“The Church is enemy territory and just being near it can be extremely bad for you Issei, it can make trouble for both sides and you would find yourself having to dodge light spears soon after..” Rias was pulling no pouches it seemed as she stood up and walked over. “And it wouldn’t be as simple as dodging an ice ball from Alicia. Light is a very potent poison for us devils.”

 

“Wha- is that what the chill i felt earlier?” Issei had a look of dawning horror as it started to settle in. Aliclia tilted his head, wondering how his newly born instinct would have told him.

 

“Yes it was, Issei. I want you to understand Light will erase you from existence.” Rias had a grave expression on her face as she slumped against her desk. “No feeling, no emotion, nothing. That is what awaits you if you are killed with a light weapon.”

 

Issei balched as it finally processed just how close he had been to meeting his death… again. That has got to be one of the worst things he had ever heard of!

 

“As for you Alicia, what the heck were you thinking walking right up to the church!” Rias directed her anger to the Celestial that was sitting on the couch not really paying attention. “Are you trying to get yourself killed too? I don’t even know what sort of repercussions this is going to have. Why did you feel the need to escort the nun to the church.”

 

Alicia didn’t answer for a second, instead he stared directly into the heiresses eyes. Just as the silence started to make Issei squirm he spoke. “She reminded me of someone I used to know.” 

 

Both devils blinked at the admission, out of all the things they were expecting that was not one of them. Did he really help the nun because she reminded him of someone from his old world? Granted it was also surprising he was talking about it at all. The next school day after he and Koneko had left in order for the celestial to calm down, Alicia had all but clamped up about his world. The rook had wisely informed her king that he didn’t feel like he could talk about his world without breaking down again. He had promised that while he couldn’t talk about it he would try to put his world's history down on paper. To the best of his ability of course.

 

Apparently a lot of his world history had demons in it and he was trying to find a way of describing it without indirectly insulting them. There had been a lot of demon lords that had tried to either destroy his world or conquer it. Alicia believes there was one who tried to do both at the same time but he's not really sure.

 

“Regardless it was still dangerous for you to have done so, what would you have done if you were attacked?” In an attempt to reinforce her point Rias put her hands on her hips as she stare him down. “What would you have done if the entire group had attacked?”

 

“One did attempt to attack me.” Alicia calmly explained, not reacting at all to the look the heiress was sending him. Rolling his eyes he mentally sighed at her reaction. “Don’t worry he wasn’t able to get close to me before i stopped him and before you ask i didn’t kill him.”

 

“That's… that's good.”

 

“I merely threatened him.” Alicia elected to not tell her he had also maimed the fallen because judging by the way she reacted to them getting close to the church that would go over less well.

 

“Alicia!” 

 

“What! He tried to kill me.”

 

“You can’t go around threatening people even if they attempted to kill you! You're supposed to give them a witty remark...”

 

Well regardless of what Rias said about her not wanting them to head over to the church again, she hadn’t said anything having something… else… watching over the nun in their stead.

 

(TCOD)

 

 

Alicia stood on top of his apartment complex looking off in the distance, he was thinking about Asia and her situation. He really didn’t like the fact that the same fallen that tried to kill him and Issei were now taking ‘care’ of someone who obviously was extremely innocent. It left a bad taste in his mouth. So he decided that the little nun needed a guardian until he had an actual reason to remove her from their care.

 

Reaching inside his inventory he grabbed his deck of soul cards he had been collecting for the entirety of his four man war against corvus. He had defeated just about every monster there was and gained a card for it, from the tiny seguiney to the massive pale whale and even those of the bosses. The problem was picking the right one, most of them were out simply because of their size or were too loud. Or both like the Mortoads whose attacks are quite explosive.

 

As he held a certain card an idea propped up as he looked at the silute of a ragged reaper, the lesser cousin of the raving reaper he had told the occult club about. It would be very ironic to send a scarecrow monster to watch after the blackened wing angels. A rather frightening look found itself on the Celestials face as he found the reapers card and with a small amount of mana channeled into the card he watched as it floated above his palm.

 

“Raving reaper, I summon you into the material world once more to stalk these lands as my eyes where I cannot venture.” Dark purple cracks formed across the card as it floated to the ground not far from him. A circle similar to the one he used to go inside his inventory appeared on the concrete, only instead of the symbol he had chosen, this one had a pumpkin with an earsteching grin on it.

 

After a second a long spindly, clawed hand reached out of the circle and slapped against the concrete with a fabric thud, the more of the body pulled itself out. The limb was thin and made of a sort of canvas fabric, colored in greenish black. Soon the head, a scarecrow head full of sharp jagged teeth and a pair of pitch black, near tar colored, eyes, exited the circle with a soundless scream as it dragged a large jagged scythe with it. The torso was the same color and looked malnourished as you could see the ‘ribs’ while the waist looked like it belonged on a super model more than a monster. The rest of the body exited the circle as Alicia toom in the sight of what was once his enemy.

 

The raving reaper, a member of the material family, stood at an imposing 7 feet in height and looked extremely thin, almost like a twig. It wasn’t one of the most difficult or dangerous monsters he had defeated but it was one of the few monsters he had that might be able to hide from the fallen. 

 

“I have a very specific task for you, one that will require you to remain as hidden as possible until I call upon you again or I am in need of your services no longer.” Alicia looked into those tar pits that were called eyes as he spoke.

 

The monster gave off a sort of hissing growl as those infernal eyes narrowed. The Celestial showed no sign of noticing beyond tilting his head. 

 

“I will give you all the details you shall require to watch over your ward, but no mistake reaper should i find out you have decided to play with her i shall be most displeased with you.” This time Alicia’s pink eyes darkened as he forced some of his power onto the monster, the raving reaper struggled to keep itself upright as it fell to a bony knee. “And I will make it known with your very soul.”

 

Just like he said he would, Alicia explained the situation with Asia, the capability of those that watch over her both human and fallen, where she was located and what exactly the reaper's task was. To reiterate his point he used some more of his power to make it bow its head down. Monsters such as the reaper subfamily only understand power, you can not treat it with kindness as they could perceive this as weakness and would attempt to kill you the first chance they get. There were a few you could be… less heavy handed but they were limited to some of the slime family. 

 

“It is late enough that you shouldn’t be spotted by any of the night watchers around the town or around the church. The tree canopy will be your best bet to hide inside while you watch your ward.” Alicia waved his bionic hand as he turned around to walk back downstairs. “Now begin your task.”

 

The raving reaper bowed its head once more before it began running along the rooftops as fast as a car on a highway, leaving small claw marks on the concrete as it spread toward it’s new charge. 

 

Alicia privately wondered how well the fallen angels would fare against the more dangerous monsters in his deck, such as the void droid. ...not very well actually.

 

Quickly reaching his apartment he made sure the small potted plants that were scattered around the house were watered, they contained some plants from his world, as he waited for Koneko to arrive. They were having another sleepover tonight, Koneko made sure to tell Rias this time so hopefully Akeno doesn’t teleport inside again and had explained just what a sleepover was to Alicia as he still didn’t understand much about human customs or in this case devil custom. 

 

Knock~ knock~ 

 

“The Doors unlocked Koneko!” Alicia called out from the living room. He ignored the door opening and closing as he finished pouring some water onto a sleeping hibikase plant that wasn’t growing well. ‘Maybe some eggshells would help it, I'll have to crush some up tomorrow.’ 

 

Alicia didn’t notice Koneko heading over to his small kitchen with a small bag of takeout for the two to eat while watching a movie together. According to, surprisingly, Issei the jack black series was a must for a movie night. After checking with Rias that no it doesn’t have anything porn related in it, Koneko had brought over the copy the perverted boys parents had. So the two of them now had 3 of the movies he starred in, kung fu panda, nacho libre and school of rock, a small pile of junk food for the two to eat after their dinner, and a bunch of flavored water.

 

“Ready?”

 

The Orange haired trap gave his best friend a smile as he grabbed his food. “Of course.”

 

And thus began what is possibly the greatest night the two had ever had, full of junk food and laughs as they watched the movies. Koneko really liked the animation of Kung fu panda and the martial arts in it while Alicia liked how it was both serious and goofy. 

 

As the night passed and the small pile of food disappeared the duo found themselves getting more and more tired, eventually Alicia went and changed in his room while his friend changed in the bathroom. Alicia had to cover her mouth to stifle his giggles as he saw the short girls PJs, Koneko glared at him as she put her hands on her hips. He wasn’t much better wearing a pair with neon cat on them.

 

“Nice, pff, pajamas Konny.”

 

“Not much better.” Despite what she said Koneko felt her cheeks heat up as she smiled.

 

They settled back into the cushions of the couch and continued to watch the movies. After two movies Koneko slowly drifted off to sleep as she laid against the celestial beside her, letting the subtle warmth radiating off him to lure her along. Without realizing it the short girl found herself scooting closer to Alicia, something he barely noticed with his own eyes drooping as he started drifting off as well.

 

Just as he was about to fall asleep he felt a tight grip on his arms, drawing his attention to it. Looking at his arms he saw Koneko clutching his arm. A small smile found itself on his face as he saw the peaceful expression she was sporting. Careful not to wake her up Alicia scooped her up bridal style and slowly made his way to his bedroom. Using a bit of magic to pull the sheets back, the celestial set her down as gently as possible before pulling the covers over her. Yawning he quickly made sure all the lights and the TV were off before making his way back to his bed. Climbing beside her he finally let his eyes close shut.

 

(the next morning)

 

Amber eyes slowly opened as light started to shine through the window. A sense of confusion reared itself around her head once her eyes adjusted to the room, which was not hers. Koneko blinked as she took in the sights, more specifically the sight of her best friend sleeping face not even a foot away from her. Just like the time she saw the pictures of him on the wall and the few times it happened at school Koneko and whenever he calls her Konny, the tiny devil felt her stomach flip and her heart pump just a little bit harder at the peaceful expression on the Celestials face. The way his lips part just a tiniest bit as he breathed, or how they curled up into something resembling a smile, his hair seemed to glow as the sunlight was reflected off those creamy orange locks. 

 

She doesn’t know how long she laid there simply basking in his presence but it was long enough for Alicia to wake up as well. He moaned as he sat up and stretched his arms, Koneko following suit.

 

“Good morning Konny.” He mumbled out as he rubbed his eyes.

 

“M-morning Ali.” she stuttered out, mentally cursing herself for that.

 

“Are you going to be able to stay for breakfast or do you have to get home soon?” he asked as he got out of bed and walked over to his dresser. 

 

Koneko really wanted to but she had to figure out what she was feeling first.

 

“Get home soon.” she answered. Alicia gained a sad expression for a second but it was soon replaced with a smile once he hugged her. Koneko felt her face heat up more and quickly made her way to the bathroom to change clothes. What on earth was causing her face to feel so hot? Was she getting sick or something?

 

But simply spending time with her best friend wouldn’t cause her to get sick, nor would it cause her stomach to feel all fluttery.

 

Making sure everything was in her bag Koneko made her way to the front of the apartment, she had to get home to think about this because she highly doubts that she could punch it to make it better. Before she could leave however said best friend exited the kitchen was a small tupperware in his hands.

 

“Before you go Konny i wanted to ask when you wanted to do this again, it was a lot of fun.” He then gave her one of his beautiful smiles that made her heart thump a little faster.

 

“U-umm have to ask president!” She managed to get out. He simply nodded as he unlocked the door for her. Standing in the doorway for a second the devil thought about where she could go to get some answers. 

 

“Is something wrong Konny?” Alicia asked behind her. Koneko doesn’t know what comes over her because the next thing she knows she's standing on her toes kissing her best friend's cheek. A scarlet blush settled over both of their cheeks once the realization hit the two. 

 

“B-b-b-b-bye A-alicia.” She manages to stutter out a bye before she rushes off, her only concern being the comfort of her room. The Celestial sets a hand on his check where she kisses him as he watches the tiny devil run off in the distance.

 

“That… that felt.” The celestial was having trouble forming words it seems. “...really nice.”

 

(YYYYYYEEEEESSSS i got it to work!)

 

Koneko sat inside of her, appropriately, cat themed room thinking about the sleepover she had with Alicia and the warm feeling she had gotten after she had woken up in his bed with him. She knew it wasn’t entirely appropriate for her to sleep in the same bed as a boy but… waking up to see the peaceful face of her best friend was… Koneko didn’t know how to describe it. 

 

Her face burned as she shoved it into the pillow that she was clutching like a life preserver as she thought about the Kiss she gave him as well, what possessed her to do that!

 

“Who to talk to?” Koneko said to herself quietly. Rias and Akeno were out almost immediately because while she may love them as family, she also knew the two wouldn’t be much help in this regard. She had briefly thought of asking Kiba who is like a big brother to her but something tells her Kiba would try and ‘talk’ with her best friend and Alicia wouldn’t understand what he was saying. Gasper… doesn’t know who Alicia is. So who did that leave her with, not many to be honest her clients were just people she makes deals with and not much else.

 

 

 

... maybe someone from the underworld? She didn’t know that many people but surely one of them could help her. Getting out of her bed she threw the pillow behind her as she went to grab her cash from her bank, once she had enough to pay for her ticket she started to make her way to the teleportation room to head over to the train that passed through earth to the underworld. Just as she was about to enter the room she heard Rias speak behind her.

 

“Where are you Heading Koneko?” 

 

As she turned around to face her she noticed she also had her purse with her. Koneko debated for a second whether or not to tell her. At the very least she may be able to point her in the right direction.

 

“Underworld, Gremory manor.” she said bluntly.

 

“Great! The two of us can go together.” Rias said cheerfully as she stepped into the room. “I have to go speak with my father about what Alicia said, I presume that's what you're going down for as well?”

 

Not fully trusting her voice, Koneko merely nodded and followed her king. She wanted to keep her conversation relatively private so that means the meager amount of people she was going to talk to just got a little bit smaller. That left her… three people that she could talk to. More specifically Grayfia, Velelana and Sirzechs that could help her with whatever was causing her to feel this way.

 

3 hours later Rias and Koneko were exiting the train and teleporting to the Gremory manor.

 

(TCOD)

 

Koneko stood in the main entrance of the manor, Rias was not far from her speaking to one of the servants on the whereabouts of her parents. Already the little devil was getting nervous on what to ask the matriarch of the Gremory family.

 

“Koneko, you remember Daisy right.” Rias said with the maid following her. “She’ll bring you to mother.”

 

The smaller devil bowed her head in thanks.

 

“Please follow me Koneko, Lady Gremory is reading in her study as of this moment.” Daisy smiled as she saw the devil nod, spinning around to lead her to the other side of the manor. They passed extremely valuable works of art, other servants, and even weapons for the servants to arm themselves with should the need arise. Finally after 20 minutes they reached a pair of dark oak doors that Daisy knocked on. 

 

“Hmmm? Yes, what is it.”

 

“Lady Gremory? Miss Toujou is here to speak with you.” the Maid said as she introduced the rook.

 

“Koneko? My, my this is a surprise please let her in.” a motherly voice said. The maid bowed her head before letting Koneko in. The mother of Rias gave a smile as she gestured for her to sit across from her. “It’s been a while since i’ve had you in my study little Kitten, what brings you?”

 

“Need… advice.” she slowly worded out.

 

“Oh? Well tell me your troubles and I promise you I will do all in my power to help you.” Velelana put a bookmark in the book she was reading before giving Koneko her full attention.

 

Koneko fidgeted in the seat as she tried to find the right words. “Alicia. my best friend. Makes me feel funny. Good funny, I think?” 

 

“How about you tell me about your friend?” Velelana said with a smile, not knowing of the flood gates she was about to open. “I could probably help if I knew him better. Tell Me his name first and slowly tell me everything.”

 

“His name is Alicia Krieger. Fallen Celestial, he’s like Gasper, a trap. Silky Orangish white hair that reaches his shoulder blades. Pink eyes that seem to get really bright when he gets happy and they look really pretty, and I like it when they do.” without realizing it Koneko started to babble about this, Alicia. Lady Gremory quickly connected the dots on what was happening and mentally squealed.  Instead she merely nodded along, filing away these details so she may… check… them later. “Large grey wings that have red vine-like paint. Also extremely powerful, more so than president.”

 

That caused Velelana to blink, her daughter may not be the most powerful on account of her never going to war and her age, but the power of destruction that ran through her veins like a Tsunami should have made more than a match than what should be a one winged fallen angel. Was there something she missed?

 

“Forgive me for saying this but is a Fallen angel, a one winged at that, really more powerful than my daughter?” Velelana asked with a cocked eyebrow. Her other eyebrow rose when Koneko nodded without hesitation. 

 

“Alicia is Celestial not angel. He's from a different world.”

 

“Well getting back on track for a moment.” Lady Gremory was going to leave that can of worms for another day. Or leave it for her son to check out. One of the two. “It sounds like you gained a crush on your friend.”

 

For a second Koneko froze, then her face turned crimson as she messed with the hem of her skirt. Did she really have a crush on her best friend, was this going to ruin her friendship with Alicia… was there a chance he liked her back? Wait, did he even know what a crush was.

 

“R-really?” 

 

The older devil nodded as she sipped at her tea. Seeing the normally stoic girl acting so flustered was extremely enjoyable, maybe she could somehow find a way to tease her about it later. “That's what it sounds like.”

 

“Um um am I excused?” Koneko managed to squeak out. Velelana nodded and watched as the girl rushed out of the study’s doors. She giggled as she finished her tea. 

 

Velelana rested a palm against her cheek as she sighed, the little girl they had practically adopted into their family had gone and gained a crush on a boy. It really painted a picture on how much her daughter and her peerage had aged. Still for Koneko to have gained the doe eyes was something she was expecting the least of all. Hmmm still it wouldn’t be proper of her, as Lady Gremory, if she did not at least keep an eye on him so as to make sure he wasn’t making any funny business. With a snap of her fingers the butler that was standing by the door was next to her.

 

“Yes Lady Gremory.”

 

“Would you be a dear Sebastion and gather my contact book from my office for me.”

 

“Of course.”

 

(TCOD)

 

Issei groaned as he rode his bike to his newest summon, he had just gotten done with his dodge training with Alicia and was feeling all sorts of sore. Even so, President had decided to give him one of Koneko's summons since they overlapped.

 

“Ma, why did I have to be reborn as a Pawn, there at the lowest of the pecking order.” Issei whined. “This sucks. It’s going to take me forever to become a High-class devil at this rate like Rias, and how am I going to get a harem of girls if I'm not one!”

 

Deep inside his subconscious Ddraig put a hand over his face as he listened to his host's rant about wanting a harem. To be honest it's not the first time he’s heard of such a thing but Issei was taking it far farther than they ever had. Tuning out his host he settled back to sleep. He was sure nothing bad was going to happen.

 

Walking up the steps, Issei knocked on the house's door. 

 

“Hey dude you in there i’m the uhh special delivery guy you asked for.” Issei called out, remembering Rias had told him to keep quiet about the whole devil pacts. And that he had to get this contract or else she was going to be very disappointed with him. That would deter him in his quest to get a harem, Issei would show all who doubted him that he was capable of it.

 

Silence greeted his declaration. Shrugging Issei tried to open the door, when the door opened without a hassle he frowned. They weren't in the best part of town and most people kept their doors locked. He shrugged and walked it, making sure to wipe his feet. Maybe the guy knew he was coming and was busy so he left the door unlocked. 

 

“Hey man you here? I’m the person you called about for your problem. Sorry Koneko couldn’t come, she accidently got double booked today so I got your request.” Issei called out again. “Where are you? I can’t help you if I don't know where you are.”

 

Seeing a crimson light coming from what he believed to be the living Issei made his way over to it. Stepping inside he spoke again.

 

“Sir? If you aren't here i’m afraid i-” Issei stopped when his shoes made a squelching noise. Looking down, Issei felt his blood run cold. His shoe was covered in a familiar life-continuous fluid and looking up, Issei had to try really hard not to vomit as he looked at the mutilated corpse of the person who was supposed to be his client. “Wha- what the fuck.”    

 

“To quote the words of a holy man… ‘the wicked must be punished’-” a man said from the couch before standing up and giving a maniacal smile. He spread out his arms as he walked closer. “And as luck would have it a pathetic little devil has just walked it! Welcome shithead! My name is Freed sellzen, are you ready to die?”

 

Issei stepped back in horror as he watched him laugh like a mad man.

6