Chapter 1, Just where are we?
40 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raymond’s head was splitting, he tried to look around but was blinded by a harsh light, his skin burned. Raymond heard pained moaning around him, fire crackling, Rain pouring, and the sound of energy crackling.

He heard a quiet boy call out “CONTROL YOUR POWERS! WE NEED TO TRY TO GET HOME!”

Raymond muttered, “Language.” He felt for the familiar light, the ache of his head screaming with the rain pounding his head. He looked for his friend, his glow, and found it screaming in agony. He tried to soothe it, caught it’s tears. Telling it that everything was going to be fine. The glow trusted him, it always had, and stopped screaming. Settling to a low whine.

Raymond opened his eyes.

Everybody was staring at him, two had their ears perked up and were trying to cover them. One’s eyes were twitching. Another, a short boy said “Good work Lightboy, but can you go any lower?”

Raymond shook his head, scared to speak and scare his glow. Not wanting to make it any more agitated.

The seemingly uneffected... it hit Raymond, the boy was powerless. He didn’t suffer from the overpowering headache of power that seemed to be making everybody else go out of control. The boy turned to his left (Raymond’s Right) and said “You too firegirl, any lower? Maybe just an off?” Raymond slowly turned to look and saw... a girl covered in a massive amount of fire, pillaring into the sky in defiance of the rain.

She screamed, then screamed out a pained “No! Can’t control!” Before a particularly large burst of flame flew up. Raymond’s mind ached as it searched for a solution. He felt a need to help more, he was the responsible... SIBLING HE HAD SIBLINGS. His memories were gone!

He took slow laboring steps toward the flaming girl. Before calmly saying the most badass thing he had ever said.

"Stop."

She opened her eyes and glared at Raymond, the tornado spiraling further into the sky. Raymond was blasted by a wave of heat and practically screamed

"Please! You're gonna burn down the forest!"

The fire calmed, shrinking to a bonfire instead of a tornado of fire. The smoking was quickly put out by the torrent of water from the heavens. Raymond spoke again

”Look carefully at my eyes, and remember the feeling the fire gives you right now and hold onto it.”

She looked away from his eyes, turning and walking behind a nearby tree. Raymond smiled, there’s no forest fires today.

He then turned to the rest of the group and did a headcount, there was about 63 kids in total. Including him and firegirl.

The boy who helped him earlier was walking around talking to different people struggling on the ground. Raymond walked up, his glow starting to cry again, it was trying. It just hurt so much. Raymond let a little bit of the glow through, starting to shine like an led lightbulb. He said

”So, uh what’s your name.” The bunny girl on the ground started convulsing, her ears shaking.

The boy whispered quietly to Raymond, ”Travis, and shut your yap. There are three animal quirks who are going deaf with the sound of beating hearts, rolling, and moaning all tormenting their ears.” 

Raymond didn’t respond, and only nodded. Travis nodded back with a hint of a smile. He then went back to wadding up thread from his shirt? Oh! For earplugs! He could help!

Then Raymond was launched about 4 feet. The bunny-girl had kicked him in the stomach! Raymond's torso screamed, as did his ribs. He heard Travis yell out ”Everybody listen! We need to get somewhere safe to sleep! If anybody has a quirk that would be helpful in finding a river or opening in the trees of some sort please step forward!”

A literal catboy with thread in his ears stepped forward, saying

”Nya! Sorry about that. I can smell dirtier water than the rain on the animals that walked nearby. They came from the east or the west and were very calm about their movements-“

Travis cut the boy off

”Thank you, what’s your name?”

”Mittens.”

”Your parents are cruel” Travis turns to everybody “Mittens thinks that water is to the east or west! However I don’t know which two ways those are so I’m gonna have anybody who’s functioning go with mittens to scout it out while I stay here and help those who aren’t functioning!”

Raymond raises his hand, then a girl shouts

”Why do I have to listen to you? I could beat each and everyone of you to a pulp, I should be in charge.”

Travis calmly replies

”In the state you’re in? I’m sorry, I’m only assuming command because I am an eagle scout. I have a large knowledge of how to survive out here. You can assume command later.”

The girl, seemingly satisfied, nodded as her hand became covered in energy and she shook it and started hopping around in a panicked state.

Raymond looked back to Travis and called

”I volunteer, I can light up any dark places we walk through and if it reaches night before we’re back I’ll be able to guide those without nightvision through the forest. My ribs are also fine.”

Travis looked at Mittens, damn he was good at this serious thing. Mittens looked thoughtful before exclaiming

”Nya!That might be helpful to scare nasty-wasties off, you can come with.” Raymond felt bad, as Mittens cringed after saying ‘nasty-wasties’ his power must have some mental element that it didn’t before or something.

Raymond walked over and shook his paw, he seemed nice. Mittens then said

”Nya! Are you sure you can control your quirk? It seemed volatile earlier! Maybe you shouldn’t use it?”

Raymond shook his head, his glow listened closely. Despite the pain in his ribs he knew it would prefer to survive over feeling a bit overwhelmed.

”I probably won't need to, I'm just offering solutions and trying to help.”

He looked confused, but didn’t say anything before pointing to what Raymond assumed was the east.

“Nya!We’re gonna start with west.”

Yikes.

Mittens turned and started walking, Mittens awkwardly switched between 4 footed and 2 footed walking before just sticking with 4.

Hopefully they find that river.

0