Chapter 3
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They had walked for an hour before they came to the river, they heard the roar from a long distance away. Raymond was thirsty but resisted the urge to just drink from the water. He thought about how they were here as everybody began starting fires with Travis’ and Firegirl’s help.

He didn’t remember much from before. He knew he was an older brother and that a large amount of people had superpowers. He could just assume that a superpower had sent them here, but that opened more questions. Were they summoned here? His glow was overflowing with power that it had never experienced before but he didn't remeber how powerful it was before. A large amount of the group experienced a massive influx of strength seeing the loss of control. It didn’t make any sense, was it from the change of worlds? Why was it raining constantly?

Raymond had asked mittens if he remembered anything from before waking up, to which Mittens replied

”Nya! Only that I didn’t fucking talk like this!” In his usual chipper voice.

There was a further theory that hung in Raymonds mind, but Raymond wanted to sleep and fire girl wanted people to tend the fires. Travis wanted him to help organize patrols. Raymond decided travis was right. Goblins are dangerous, in stories he had read they attacked women to breed with reckless abandon.

He smiled, he had read stories.

...

Raymond walked over to Travis, who was talking to a group of 4 people. “I want you guys to ask around for any obvious combat powers, and send them to me.” The people nodded before turning and walking over to the dwindling fires.

Raymond called out “Travis! You wanted me to patrol? His glow freaked out at the mention of violence and he flashed a little. Travis blinked the light out of his eyes before replying “Yeah, Your power doesn’t have any problems if you lose control during combat, some people could hurt themselves or others with this whole ‘uncontrollable’ thing” he rolled his eyes at the idea.

Raymond sighed, but nodded “Do you have any kind of weapons or are we gonna just use clubs of wood?” The rain pattered loudly for a moment.

Travis’ eyes widened “Weapons! Genius! I didn’t even think of that!" He turned to the wood pile, which was almost empty but had a few good looking sticks. “Go ahead, take one!” Raymond frowned at the poorly placed sarcasm.

Raymond grabbed a very straight, arm-length stick and swung it around. It was a bit too heavy, but that was because he never had much upper body strength. Travis nodded.

Raymond turned as a group of 14 or so people walked up, and all talked about their powers with Travis. Travis took a note of each one before separating them into 3 patrol groups of 5.

”The plan is simple, carefully back off, only using force if you aren’t given the chance to run away. Use some sort of signal, for example, Raymond could shine in a massive burst of light to let everybody know that goblins are coming from that direction. We’ll have two of the groups just circle the camp, while one watches everybody while they’re sleeping.” Raymond’s glow was mad that it was called light, it was a glow.

Travis ended his explanation with a yawn before turning towards the camp to go to sleep. Mittens, one of the volunteers, yelled “When are we supposed to sleep?Nya?”

Travis turned back around “Tomorrow, you guys will be the night crew.” Everybody sort of sighed, except one. A... Raymond couldn’t tell if they were a girl or a boy so he didn’t assume said “The names Sam, I really think that we should just separate into different parts of the night, as we only need to watch the camp.”

Raymond agreed, he didn’t like how Travis was making plans nobody else was included in at the moment. Everybody except Mittens and a girl seemed to agree. Travis looked at them, exasperated. “ Having people who are always awake at night would just be helpful at first. You guys could wake everyone up and be a sort of spy militia. Having more of you would be safer then just five.” Why did they need a Spy Militia?

Sam replied in their smooth voice “We don’t have any of your ‘tents’ yet Travis, let’s just start with everyone getting as much sleep as possible with this rain. Besides, who would know how to fix a tent made from hopes and dreams?” That earned a single laugh.

Travis frowned “No, I’d make them out of the massive leaves on one of the trees nearby. Each of the leaves were nearly the size of a boat! It’d be pretty easy to find some long, wet sticks to bend to make hangover tents.”

Sam shook their head “We need to focus on food first, comfortable sleeping is a priority yes but we’d starve before dying of sleep deprivation.”

Travis laughed “I choose both. Now go do your patrolling thing with the shifts.”

...

...ssnort

...

Raymond was woken up to the sound of yelling, he slowly sat up and looked around. He was glowing brightly, and people were running from...Goblins! He reached over to grab his stick and ran towards the three goblins attacking them. Sam was covered in a black liquid, while another person glowed with red energy and left craters where they struck. The goblins were already running.

Raymond asked his glow to stop, and it did. He looked up and saw a miniscule bit of sun starting to leak into the rainy sky, before being covered by the endless clouds. It was going to be a good day right?

0