Chapter 1: The greatest demonlord?
157 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Muhahahaha, this is the end for you accursed hero. Your treacherous plans didn’t work against me.”, laughs the Demon lord mocking the hero and his followers who lay defeated on the ground.
“How can this be? I have used every underhanded method I could to finally defeat this great and in every aspect superior Demon lord.”, cries the wicked hero with tears in his eyes.
The ugly princess sobs disgraceful while glaring at the glorious being towering above them. “This can not be! I was supposed to be the greatest and most beautiful woman in the entire world. All this was to get finally rid of you!”
A sarcastic smile formed on the Demon lords face. “Ha? You being beautiful? That I don’t laugh. Your motives are as shallow as you are. You are nothing more than a disgrace for all the humans in this world. There was never a way for you to defeat me. I’m just too powerful, too great than any of you puny creatures. And with this victory, I’m finally the ruler of this world. Muhahaha…”

“The ruler are you?” “AH!” A cold voice behind the almighty Demon Lord let her freeze with only a surprised sound coming from her. A huge shadow threw her into darkness. She did not dare to turn around. Her mind stopped working even though she tried to come up with a plan to fool the owner of that voice. This was not something you could fight. It was, in fact, impossible to even argue with it. Yes, it was even possible that the person behind her was greater than the gods.
The hand of the being grabbed the neck of the Demon Lord and pulled her up until they both looked at each other's eyes.

The eyes were as cold as ice, the brows pulled down in irritation, and her lips formed one small line. Cold sweat broke out all over the Demon Lord and her arms and legs began to tremble uncontrollably. The blood drained from her purple grayish face and her soft fluffy tail coiled between her legs.
The words that the being, that raised the Demon Lord without any problems with one hand, spoke were drooping with discontent.

“Tiacia, didn’t I tell you. To. Clean. Your. Room?”
“I, I, I was just doing I, it, Mama.”, Tia tries to rebuke while mumbling, her long catlike ears pressing against her shoulder-long red her.
“Is that so?”, asks her mother sharp and kicks softly the action-figures that lay on the ground. The hero and his army were scattered all around her room, building bricks that once were the castle of the princes are tossed to every corner and a whole bunch of plush toys are laying disorderly around.
Her pink skin had turned into a deep purple in anger.
She gnashed her fangs. “If this room is not speck clean when it is time for dinner there will be claps and that will be no applause.”

Tia gulped. There was no way she could go against her mother. Even if she was the demon lord. She was just an almost 4-year-old girl.
Her mother put her back down and left the room angrily and slammed the door shut behind her.
Tia stared for a while at the door. Now that her mother left she became angry. She stuck out her tongue at the door. Defiant she looked at her room and started to kick her toys into the general direction where their places where.
She collected some of her toys and crammed them into a mirror closet. She stooped for a moment and looked at her mirror image.

She had no horns which were one of the features of a demon lord. The concept of a demon lord didn’t even exist. There were heroes but those were only protagonists in TV shows. Her parents weren't from a demon race ether. In fact, there was nothing like different races. Her parents and her brother did all look different with their exterior features but all of them were considered human. Tia knew somehow that humans were supposed to be beings without fur or tails and that they had monkey ears. But in her short life, she never saw someone who fit this description, not even on TV.

She somehow knew that different races could only have children who looked like themselves and that people who looked different couldn’t have children. But nothing of this was true. Everybody looked different from the color of their skin to the build of their body's, the form and placement of the ears and the kind of tails. Tails should be confined to beings from the beast caste but she had never seen someone without a tail. She had asked her parents about these weird conflicts in her mind and what she saw but they just told her that there was never something different about them and that was just the way things are. Her father stated that Tia had a wild fantasy and laughed.

But she knew that.

Since she can remember she knew that she was the demon lord destined to rule over the world. She knew the names and characteristics of the beings that should exist but didn’t. Elves, dwarfs, fairy's, Goblins and so on. She saw some traits of these races in others but they were always combined with other traits. She knew that she was right. And she knew that the world was wrong.

Her alarm from the digital clock, that her brother gave her and set up, rang.
“Ah, my show starts soon. Can’t think about useless stuff. Need to get this room clean fast.”, she exclaimed in a panic. She grabbed everything she could, not caring what it was and tossed it all into the closed until the toys fell out of it. She closed the door hoping that it would hold them back. But there was way more stuff laying around. In dismay, she searched the room for a good dumping place. The bed fell into her eyes and a grin formed on her face. With quick movements, all of the toys got shoveled underneath it.

Perfect.

She congratulated herself on her wits and ran out of the room to the living room where her father watched the news.
“Papa, switch the channel!”, she demanded in a rushed voice. His very long Sharp nose twitched.
“Did you clean your room as your mother told you to do?”, he asked with a slight smirk, his huge green eyebrow bones raising to his retreating black hair.

“I did, I did. So switch, switch!” Tia jumped up and down in dismay and fear to miss even one second of her show.
Her father grinned. “Sure I switch the channel.” Tia smiled and sat on the ground in front of the TV. The channel changed and she was filled with anticipation.
On the screen was a man in front of a map. “… and the weather will start to become more summer-like in the coming days. With an increase in temperature by…”
“Papa noooou. My show, not the stupid weather.”, Tia cried out.
“Ah sorry, my mistake. I switch to a show.”
The channel changed again and a game show came on where participants turned a giant colored wheel.
“NOOOOU!”, she cried out again her voice becoming slightly distorted by frustration. “Mama, Papa bullys me.”, she yelled towards the kitchen with tears in her eyes.

“John, don’t vex Tia. Seriously are you a kid yourself?”, her Mother yelled back annoyed.
“I don’t. I just zapped towards the right channel, honey.”, John claims in a matter of fact tone.
Her mother appeared in the doorway with an unpleased face.

“I heard everything. Do you want her to hate you? And Tia, there is no reason to become that irritated about the TV. If you can’t be civilized about it, there will be no TV. Stop that grinning John or I throw this knife at you, I promise!”
The grin on Johns face vanished and was replaced by one out of fear. Tia swallowed and nodded fast. There was nothing that could stand against her mother. But still, she threw daggers with her eyes at her father. He changed the channel and finally, her show appeared on the screen. The intro was playing and with a jump, she stood up and started to dance and sing the title music. Her head spun around to her father with sparkling eyes.

“Papa sing! Come on sing”, she demanded from her father having already forgotten her little grudge. “Do I have to?”, he asked sighing. “Yes come on its almost over.” She pressed him. Tia liked to hear her father sing. He had a deep reverberating voice that she found amazing. The last few seconds of the intro they sang together while Tia was dancing wildly without rhythm and just flailing her arms and legs around. The show started and Tia placed herself directly in front of the tube TV.

It was a show about a great ruler who had many subordinates. His goal was to rule the world just like Tia. He was constantly confronted by five so-called heroes in ridiculous sets of armor, each of them in a different color. The show spends most of the time showing them and their stupid bickering with each other. They constantly fought with each other and the red one who was supposed to be their leader couldn’t really control them. It was pathetic. They couldn’t even get their lives together but claimed to fight for justice. And that justice was nothing more than a joke. They just pushed their ideals onto everyone and those who didn’t accept that were referred to as evil.

One of the subordinates of the great one had the order to get a certain country under control. It was a reasonable order since the country was in disarray and the king couldn’t even protect its own citizens right. But just as the subordinate had almost succeeded in his goal those foul jokes came. They started to toss around their crap about being good and stuff and began to attack.

“You can do it, Black knight. Get finally rid of those imposter's. Beat them to a pulp!”, cheered Tia while punching the air.
“ There's no way the bad guys win.”, claimed a voice behind her. She turned around with a frown and discovered her brother sitting next to her father. He had probably just arrived since he still wore his police uniform.
“No Tacat, the Dark Knight is not evil! If anyone, then the guys who hide their faces and identity are the bad ones.”, sneered Tia in a low tone. Her brothers long wolf-like snout formed into a grimace.

“They are the heroes. They have a hero identity so that the bad ones don’t come and do harm to their families and friends. Well, in TV shows and movies at least.” He scratched with his black fur covered hand his chin. “In the real world only criminals do that, that is true.”, he said reluctantly. “But that doesn’t change the fact that the Black knight is evil. He wants to bring that country into ruin, so he has to be stopped.”

“Nu-uh.”, countered Tia. “That country has a bad leader so he has to do something about it. The Power troopers just ignore all of the bad stuff and claim to do justice by stopping him doing what needs to be done. So they are…”
“Guaaaa, curse you Power troopers, curse youuuu!”, shouted the Television with a large explosion sound.
“Ah, I missed the fight. Nooou!”, belled Tia in terror.

“Ah, see the good guys have won.”, exclaimed her brother triumphantly. “Justice prevails again.”
Tia stared at her brother with grim eyes. A sigh escaped her mouth and her face relaxed into a smile. “Don’t worry, next time the dark society will win for sure. They never give up and strive for a great unified world even when the world hates them. They will succeed eventually.”

Tacats long pointy monkey ears dropped a bit and he shook his head while he shrugged his shoulders.
“Tacat, welcome home. How was work today?”, asked mother who appeared from the kitchen with a large steaming pot and set it on the table next to the Kitchen door.

“Well, I hadn’t much to do since I am still in training.”, explained Tacat. “Just endless seminars about laws and guidelines about how to behave in public. You know like don’t treat someone as a criminal unless clear evidence. Be nice and help people in mundane situations and so on.”
“Well being a policeman is a great responsibility. You are in your first year after all and you have to learn a lot.”, nodded mother.

“Yeah, but three more years of those seminars and stuff until I finally become a real police officer.” Tacat sighted. “Feels like I went into a University.”
“Come on. You are just sixteen years old. I know you want to go out there and catch criminals right this moment but you have first to learn all the important stuff, like in any other job. But you have time, son.”, said his father smiling.
“Well, it is like it is. Now go and change clothes for dinner. Tia, help me set up the table, will you dear.”
“Yes, mom.”, said both of them. Tia ran into the Kitchen, got her trusted step to reach the counter with the plates and carried them slowly to the Dinner table.
After everything was set up and the family sat down, they wished each other a good hunger and taste and started eating.

“By the way, Tiacia,”, said mother with a grim smile. Fear swelled up into Tia. Slowly she turned her head until her mother came into view.
“What, mama?”, she asked timidly.
“Throwing your stuff under the bed doesn’t count as cleaning your room, you know. No TV for the rest of the week!” Tia’s mouth dropped in shock. But she couldn’t argue against that. There was no way to outsmart her mother. Why did she always know everything, Tia wondered while nodding dejected on her food. Her father and brother tried to suppress their chuckles with little success.

“Ah. Damn.” An annoyed voice came from Tacat.
A bit of food got into his fur on his arm. “I really am going to shave all that fur!”
“Don’t do that. Your fur is such a beautiful color. The girls like a man with lots of hair too.”, interjected Mother. Tacat formed a wry smile. “I know that it is good looking, but its really going on my nerves lately.”
“You always say that when summer comes close. But completely shaving all your fur will make you look like a delinquent. Just deal with it.”, said father in a calm matter. “By the way Summer. Isn’t Tias kindergarten enrollment close? Next week or so as far as I remember.”

Mother threw daggers with her eyes at father.
“It is tomorrow. I told you at the start of the week, and the weeks before that. So I can assume that you didn’t ask for holiday leave for tomorrow?”
Father froze up. His long nose trembled as well as his long pointy monkey ears while his green face became Grey. Fear settled into his small black button-like eyes.
Before he could answer, the mother handed another verdict out.
“Couch! No food!” She took away his plate in a flash.
“But, dear, I…”, stammered father but the mother wasn’t finished.
“Unlimited!” Her icy voice was dripping with loathing.
But Tia didn’t care for her father's predicament. The shock of no TV was swept away by the thought of Kindergarten. She could get followers there. No one of her parent's friends had a child as young as her so she never played with kids her age.

After dinner, she was brought to bed, but she couldn’t sleep.
She played in her mind different scenarios how she would amass followers and take over the kindergarten with a smile on her face until fatigue took over and she drifted into dreamland.

3