V1C5 – What Shook The World
143 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Demon Lord Dakias Eron POV:

"My Lord, was that really wise?"

My right-hand man, Shidoru, began with an uneasy expression. Rin Takahashi is a human that was summoned by the Astean Kingdom. Being a human is one thing but being associated with the Astean Kingdom makes it even worse. However, I think it was a good move to bring her in. She, who didn't hold any preconceived notions about the demon race beforehand with a mysterious power from crossing between worlds. I see this as an absolute win. 

"My Lord, I'm referring to how your demon army will react when they realize you allowed a human into our ranks!"

Oh yeah, that's pretty bad, isn't it? Maybe we should prepare some transformation magic for her...

"My King, I have come to report."

"?"

Standing at the front of the office was a demon with remarkable features. Her light pink-tinted hair sprawled over her upper half like a blanket. She donned a rigid half-mask of an unknown black metal on her right side. She was covered in a light white and black armor patterned masterfully. Her fair pale skin was still exposed in many places though. Her body was bound to look great and stand out no matter what she wore too. 

"Shidora huh? It seems like you didn't fully succeed in stopping the Hero Summoning."

"My King, I apologize. There were skilled mages on standby and barriers that delayed our actions. Humans make up for their lack of mana with technique."

"It's alright. We've managed to at least reduce the number of heroes summoned against us."

"Yes, we were initially going to completely tear down the transfer path but the best we could do was distort it a bit. However, even by doing that we can potentially lead them to locations of instant death."

"I see. Well, despite the circumstances, good work Shidora."

"I am unworthy of your praise, my King."

Shidoru was staring daggers at his sister who was definitely just acting. Shidoru is my right-hand man skilled in military, economics, politics, and attack magic. His sister Shidora is one of the ten demon generals, a good leader, skilled with a spear, and spacetime magic. 

"That's it for the report. You may leav--?"

"What is it, my Lord?"

Shidora and I were frozen in place. A cold sweat ran down my back.

"W-What is that?"

This presence, this impossible aura. It's like I'm being strangled by raw power. 

"To think that such a monster has descended to this plane...impossible...is this a hero?"

I doubt that. After all, Rin was nowhere near this level. Not even those blessed by the gods as heroes can become that terrifying.

"No, something else...maybe it's not a person but a magic experiment? But, it's coming from the Great Ovrin Forest."

I don't know what this being is doing but information on it comes first. However, it is in the Great Ovrin Forest, the den of monsters. Perhaps it's a high-level monster that evolved? If it is then using enslavement or mind control magic would greatly aid our forces. 

"Shidora, bring the other available demon generals and investigate immediately."

"As you wish, my King."

Shidoru was completely in the dark since his perception abilities weren't that high. The aura died down and I began to relax again. The presence that came from the Great Ovrin Forest, shook the Demon Lord's castle. 


Great Sage Ivis POV:

I, a human, have lived for centuries after successfully creating potions and magics that restore my youth. My memories started to get foggy around the later half of my 200 years of existence so I created a skill for [Enhanced Memory Capacity]. In all these years, I've meddled with the natural laws of the universe countless times. I've seen a myriad of powerful beings in my lifetime too. Humans, demons, angels, and monsters of immense skill and magic. However, the gods are on another level. Seen as a nuisance in this world by them, it's only natural to hide away in this little house of mine. I've been here for a while, if I remember correctly, 158 years? I'm not strong enough to rival the gods. To that end, I've been researching and growing my power. It's a simple life all alone in this magic-protected space. I wonder when I can go outside again? It's not like I'll immediately be killed by the gods but they might send some troublesome people to me. That sounds really annoying. I guess I'll just stay home again today, stick to what you know you know? At that moment...

"WHAT IS THIS!?"

My senses were blaring in my mind. This is like the time I was in a goddess's presence, no it's even fiercer than that. It's like an overpowering wave of power burying me alive. A god has descended? Here, near my hiding place in the Great Ovrin Forest? I knew it! They've finally come to rid of me! Why? I was just minding my own business and being a hikikomori for the past 158 years!? My sense of life and death has faded over the years but dying without even putting up a fight after 158 years of doing nothing is too cruel! That's it! I'll defend my sorry life and give it new meaning! Come you wretched god and I'll teach your immortal behind the meaning of pain! 

[Teleport]

"Hm? Not working?"

[Telport]

"Again...wait it's the spacetime barrier I put up. Does it go both ways? I never noticed since I didn't leave. I guess I'll have to take some time to dismantle it."

A minute passes...

"Alright got it. Still, to disassemble a high-level spacetime magic barrier in only a minute. I'm getting rusty."

[Teleport]

The presumed god that descended to the Great Ovrin Forest shook the Great Sage Ivis's hikikomori life. 


Spirit King Othius POV:

"DAMN THAT GOD BRIAR!!!"

I tripped over my own feet and fell over. Luckily, the high-ranking wind spirit Sylph caught my fall.

"King, are you unharmed?"

"Ah, thank you Sylph."

"What's wrong?"

"That pesky brat reversed my sense of movement!"

"You mean Briar-sama? What does that mean?"

"Now, if I try to move forward I move back. If I try to move right I go left. It's really trippy. It also feels like I'm constantly falling."

"Sounds rough...*holds in laugh*...was Briar-sama here?"

"No, I just opened the 'present' sent for me. What do you even accomplish by doing something like this? Seriously, that kid...!"

"Well, well, let's not get too worked up about this...huh?"

"Hm? Do you feel it too Sylph? This aura of power. The very mana is curving around it. This overpowering presence...what exactly is it?"

"Do you want to check it out, my King?"

"In this state? You go with some of your friends instead."

"No way~ it's too scary."

"You dare oppose my authority as a King?"

"Geez, you don't have to be so pushy. I'll go, I'll go."

*sigh*

"If only people actually treated me as a King in the spirit realm..."

The Spirit King questioned his own authority and remained still until [Reversal] wore off. 

Dragon King Ryuto POV:

"Ryuto-sama we found this [Holy Sword] in an abandoned human nation. We do believe that this is still a splendid treasure despite being made at the hands of humans. As such only the true King of this world, Ryuto-sama, is fit to wield it!"

"Umu, I see. Is this it? The [Holy Sword]?"

"Yes."

"It is well-made...I'll keep it as one of my treasures."

"Of course Ryuto-sama. Your judgement is the law."

"Good. This world exists only for me. Only I am capable of reigning over it all. I have the right to all the treasures in this world. Not even the gods can stop me. This Ryuto-sama is the rightful ruler of Helvias!"

"Yes, exactly Ryuto-sama! There is also a piece of information you might want to hear."

"Is that so? Speak."

"A Human Kingdom Astean is summoning heroes for the war against the Demon Lord."

"Summoning heroes? From another world? I have no interests in the lowly beings of this world but unknown powers like those tend to be troublesome. Well, leave it be. I doubt the peasants down there fighting wars are capable of calling things better than the trash they are already!"

"Hahaha...you are correct Ryu--"

"Hm?"

"This presence..."

"Is this...a hero?"

"Ahahaha...I take it all back. Heroes from another world, it seems you are worthy of standing beside me! Ahahahaha."

"Ryuto-sama, it came from the Great Ovrin Forest. Not the capital of Astean Kingdom."

"Hm? I wonder what it is then. Whatever it is, it has the obligation to serve under me as the one over this world! Oi, dragon whose name I forgot, find them and bring it here!"

"You forgot my name Ryuto-sama...*sobs*...yes I will bring them back immediately yes..."

The Dragon King Ryuto shook in delight at the thought of obtaining a new treasure. 

Goddess Astria POV:

*sigh*

"Good work Astria-sama, now the Astean Kingdom will be able to overcome the war! Still, you gave an awful lot of holy power to them...the heroes."

"I just liked what I saw."

"I-I'm not questioning your decision at all of course!"

*sigh*

"Hey, Thouria."

"Yes, Astria-sama?"

"Invest in otherworlders beforehand, it'll benefit you in the long run."

"Are they really that special? They just look like children to me..."

"Is that how you see them? I think they're all brimming with potential."

"I'm sorry Astria-sama but I fail to understand."

"Is this Thouria, the #1 ranked angel of the academy? Humans are not rubble below our feet. They're dogs that serve our purposes."

"Is that so?"

"..."

"..."

"...do you notice that?"

"Hm?"

"It's a bit faint since we're in the divine realm but I definitely feel something out there...in the Great Ovrin Forest."

"Did that Ivis finally make her move?"

"I'm not really sure. Go with your squad and find out what it is."

"As you wish, Astria-sama."


Goddess of War Vania POV:

"Hm? Isn't it Thouria? Where are you going? Astria send you for some errands?"

"Astria-sama wouldn't be so petty! I am officially under the orders of Astria-sama. Now if you'll excuse me..."

"You're going to the Great Ovrin Forest right? I felt something strong there. Astria won't get the lead on me! I'm fighting it first!"

"Fight!? Vania-sama we can't have you leave the divine realm! You might start destroying the planet if you leave!"

"Don't sweat the small details! My purpose is to fight strong beings! If I'm holed up in the divine realm too long I'm going to lose it. I'm going to take this chance and go for a little stroll."

*sigh*

"Vania-sama if you're that insistent on going then we might as well accompany you."

"I don't need protection!"

"It's to protect others from you!"

"Hahaha...well alright."

Thouria said this while I was away," What a goddess, but we can't disobey their words. The other gods are noticing what she's doing but they don't mind since she's nearly unrivaled in terms of power. One of the strongest gods amongst the gods is a truly outrageous person...and a battle junkie. If only they were all like Astria-sama, cunning, kind, and elegant."


Katsumi Suzuya POV:

Mana rich air, absent light pollution, the nostalgic ruined buildings. It all rushed through my senses. 

"Ah, so refreshing!"

I looked down at the broken statue. A cloaked figure in an angelic pose. After a moment, I turned away solemnly. 

"Let's start building the magic. After years of losing touch, doing this stuff manually is a handful."

I began to build specific spacetime magic meant to break into hidden spaces. I didn't have a lot of mana now, but luckily the technique was ingrained into my mind. After about an hour of fiddling around with magic circles drawn in the air...

"Maintain the opening here...and done!"

I wiped the sweat off my forehead. Nearly all my mana was drained but the formation was complete. It wasn't really a circle but more like a spire of complex codes. 

"Now to activate it..."

I began to speak cryptic words in the ancient tongue. My pronunciation was a bit off after not using it that much. My mana was depleted from making the magic formation but there's a little trick to utilize more mana. By embedding the ability to absorb atmospheric mana into the formation, it can fill itself easier before it reaches the limit and breaks. Since there are spirits of various attributes hanging around that could be harmful in this process, I scared them away with a little show of mana earlier. 

"Ah! It worked."

A small portal opened up in space and I reached my hand through. I pulled out a black and purplish crystal from the space and the area and my body began flowing with immense mana. As the mana flowed, my body creaked. It's not suitable for large mana intake after all. Different world transfers gave me some resistance to it though. I began to cast spells on my body to offset the effects and dull the pain. After about a minute, the crystal turned gray and its contents were empty. 

"Phew..."

I exclaimed in relief and sat on a chair of the earth I made for myself instantly. 

[Summon]

A bishoujo appeared from nothingness wearing plain and simple clothes. She was a world-class beauty with long dark blue hair tied at the end and a well-defined face. Her bleak hazel eyes cut through the air and she stood proudly with overwhelming height. She carried a heavy claymore on her shoulder and looked towards me. She began to bow but stopped to catch me as I fell from the chair. She said something but I couldn't hear it. My consciousness was fading, mana deficiency...I used too much.

"Take me home."

The girl nodded. I closed my eyes and felt the sensation of being picked up. The next was a sensation of traveling impossibly fast by foot. After that, I couldn't remember...

 

 

 

 

4