V1C11 – The Blade of Severance
84 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Your skill has leveled up to [Hunger Fatigue Resistance 2].

Your skill has leveled up to [Mental Fatigue Resistance 2].

Your skill has leveled up to [Fatigue Resistance 3].

You have obtained the skill, [Water Ball 1].

You have obtained the skill, [Air Bullet 1].

Eris and I continued walking through the forest for another day, practicing my unique skill control and magic too. It's been three and a half days since I came to this world and my life is already in chaos. By the way, Eris is in my shadow again.

We soon made it to change in scenery from the dense trees, an old dilapidated ruin. The grandeur of the designed stone walls could still be seen although wilted by time. Eris told me that this is the fallen Human Kingdom of Ezot. They worshipped the Goddess of Spacetime Vizsal, unlike the people of Astean who worshipped the Goddess of the Stars Astria. Polytheism is accepted in this world but many only ascribe to just one that fits their own values. 

"If I remember correctly, Ezot was a haven for magical technology and scholars. They produced many famous magicians and engineers in their time which was a few centuries ago. Most of them through their prestigious academy which they ran for the brightest minds of the nation."

"How did they end up coming to ruin then?"

"The time's current Demon Lord showed up and destroyed the nation. I say nation but it's really just a packed city with a lot of power."

"Demon Lords...as I thought they're always scary."

"They're flies next to what you can look like."

"I don't think that's a compliment."

As we bantered around and walked through the debris-filled path, Eris noticed something.

"I sense mana taking shape around a sword...over there."

I look over to where Eris is pointing and climb over the dusty rocks. It really is there, a broadsword wrapped in the color of the night sky. The harsh sunlight gleamed off its edge.

"What kind of sword is that?"

Eris has a pretty high-leveled appraisal so she should be able to tell right?

"[The Blade Demon King's Sword], [Intelligent Weapon], the [Blade of Severance]. It has the abilities [Blood Nutriment], [Mana Severance], [Spacetime Severance]. The rest is hidden by complex magic so I can't determine it."

[The Blade Demon King's Sword] - Sword owned by the Blade Demon King, Kazo Heuter.

[Intelligent Weapon] - A weapon that has a certain level of intelligence. It can choose its wielder and return to the wielder's hand. 

[Blade of Severance] - One of the seven blades of the Blade Demon King. It is said that it can severe anything and grows as it kills.

[Blood Nutriment] - When lifeforms are killed with this blade, the power of the sword grows. Sharpness, durability, etc.

[Mana Severance] - The sword can severe the flow of mana.

[Spacetime Severance] - The sword can severe spacetime. 

"Isn't this sword super broken?"

"It sure is, a rare artifact too."

"Artifact?"

"Oh, an artifact is a powerful magic item or technology whose method of creation has been lost to time."

"I wonder how many years it's been like this then, stuck in the ground. Is the Blade Demon King the one who destroyed this nation?"

"No, I don't believe that they did...they lived in different times."

"I wonder why it's here then..."

I began shooting [Air Bullet] around the sword to test for magical traps. Eris has been telling me a lot. After confirming no traps, I went over to pick it up. The smooth and polished blade seemed to be around 1 meter in length. I gripped the hilt and tried to pull it from the ground. It didn't budge. Oh yeah," It can choose its wielder." Does that mean it rejects me as its wielder? Well, there's no surprise there. This is the first real sword I've held in my life. 

"I wonder how to get this sword to acknowledge me..."

"Just use [Overpowering Aura]."

"Are you crazy?"

"I think it's reasonable."

"Hm, I can't yet control it that well, it'll probably leak."

"Can't you do it with your body inside the [Item Box] and your arm sticking out? You can at least do that much by this point right?"

"If I push myself yeah..."

Honestly, it's a great hurdle.

"Then, let's do it."

[Item Box]
[Spacetime Magic: Item Box]

The portals covered my lower half and my left side. I then extended my right arm out and grasped the sword handle. Eris's [Reversal] is on standby in case the escaping presence becomes too much.

[Overpowering Aura]

The familiar torrent of power rushes from my body. Focus on my right hand, pull the flow of energy into it, suppress the rest. My mind is strained and sweat drips down from my forehead. Then, my [Overpowering Aura] is mostly concentrated in my right arm. Grabbing the [Blade of Severance]'s hilt, I pulled it up from the ground with a shout as hard as I could. The sword followed my arm's path.

You have obtained the title, [Successor of the Blade Demon King].

You have obtained the title, [Wielder of the Blade of Severance].

You have obtained the title, [Revivor of Legends].

What outrageous thing have I done?

"W-what do I do with the sword Eris?"

"Can you try putting it into the [Item Box]?"

"...nope, it doesn't go in."

"Here, I have a spare sheath in my [Item Box], put it there."

"Will it fit the sword right?"

"Don't worry, this sheath uses magic to adjusts itself to the sword."

"How convenient..."

Eris pulled out a standard blackish sheath from the [Item Box]. The colors went surprisingly well with the sword. As I inserted it, the sheath changed its own size to match it. Magic sure is convenient. I hastily canceled [Overpowering Aura] and the strain on my mind dissipated leaving only a stinging sensation. After confirming everything, I could actually carry the sheath, despite needing to use my unique skill to carry the actual blade. It accepted me as the wielder immediately after I picked it up. No, maybe it was forced to.

"You did great with suppressing the exposed part of your body's aura. It was only at the level of a high-ranking dragon."

"That doesn't sound very good but at least we have a nice sword now. I don't know but maybe we can sell for food. Or since it's a fantasy isekai, maybe I should use it."

"You don't even know the first thing about swordsmanship though. Also, if we sell a rare artifact like that we could start an outroar."

"..."

"Well, let's continue on. We need to go through here to Graya. Then, we can go from there to Astean."

"That's right. We can think about what to do with the sword when we get there."


Luna Hethal POV:

I patrol the Ezot ruins multiple times a day. It's all for the sake of Kazo-sama's sword. The [Blade of Severance], that which contains the remnants of Kazo Heuter, the Blade Demon King's soul (Demon King and Demon Lord are synonymous). It is he who chooses the wielder, he who kills when the blade kills. When the required amount of lives has been taken, when [Blood Nutriment] reaches the sufficient energy, Kazo-sama shall revive again from the black blade.

Even as his disciple...I, as one deemed unworthy by Kazo-sama's soul, cannot pick up the sword. Moving it with magic would be unproductive as well. So, I resigned myself to patrolling the grounds and protecting the sword. Thieves and runaway criminals could never be the sword's wielder, so I'm just ridding the trash. I'm waiting for someone who can actually bring about the revival of Kazo-sama. Then I saw it when on my daily patrol.

"The [Blade of Severance]...is gone!?"

The blade has fully disappeared from the spot it's been in for the last couple of centuries. It isn't illusion magic and there are no signs of it being rolled away via Earth magic. Someone worthy of the sword must've pulled it. Who did you choose Kazo-sama? I must meet them...and give them guidance, yes. I will properly guide them to ensure your revival, and also because I'm curious.


"It seems the sword has killed many people before. The effects of [Blood Nutriment] are pretty clear in the eyes of [Appraisal]."

"Is that so? I don't really want to kill anybody. I don't want to kill anybody pointlessly, is what I mean."

"I see...a bit naive but I can get behind that. After all, you have the potential to do it."

"You think?"

"For sure."

"Thanks..."

"Y-your welcome!"

I went back to training my magic. My mana is a bit low but that's okay.

You have obtained the skill [Light Beam 1].

You have obtained the skill [Earth Shot 1].

My mana naturally regenerates over time and so does my health. When resting, it regenerates at a much faster rate. When checking my [Status]...

Name: Haruko Sakai Race/Age: Human/16 Class/Job: None Gender: Male
Level: 1 HP: 4/4 F- MP: 22/22 C- Condition: Fatigued, Hungry, Illusioned
Strength: F Vitality: F+ Speed: E Mind/Intelligence: C-
Dexterity: E Resistance: E Evasion: E- Accuracy: F+
Stamina: D+ Perception: F- Luck: G Overall Rank: D+
-Skills List-

Skills: [Status] [Concentration]

Magic: [Fire Ball 1] [Mana-Infused Chanting] [Water Ball 1] [Air Bullet 1] [Earth Shot 1] [Light Beam 1]

Passive: [Common Human Tongue Comprehension] [Japanese Comprehension] [Fatigue Resistance 3] [Hunger Resistance 2] [Thirst Resistance 2] [Filth Tolerance 1] [Mental Fatigue Resistance 2]

Inherent/Unique Skills: [Overpowering Aura]

Protection(s): None (Hidden: [Divine Protection of the Trickster God Briar - Return])

-Titles-

[Person from Another World] [Overpowerer] [The One That Doesn't Exist] [The One That Can Float] [Forest Wanderer] [Wielder of Magic Words] [Successor of the Blade Demon King] [Wielder of the Blade of Severance] [Revivor of Legends] (Hidden: [Apostle of the Trickster God Briar])

-Equipment-

 - School Uniform
 - Blade of Severance: [The Blade Demon King's Sword] [Intelligent Weapon] [Blade of Severance] (Hidden: [Holder of Kazo's Soul])
^ [Blood Nutriment] [Mana Severance] [Spacetime Severance] (Hidden: [Wielder Possession])
 - Adjustable Sheath: None
^ [Size Adjust] 

[Water Ball] - Create a ball of water.

[Air Bullet] - Create a bullet of air.

[Earth Shot] - Create and shoot some Earth.

[Light Beam] - Shoot a beam of light.

[Successor of the Blade Demon King] - Title given to the one who will/has succeed(ed) the Blade Demon King. The learning of new sword techniques becomes faster.

[Wielder of the Blade of Severance] - Title is given to one who wields the Blade of Severance. More affinity with the sword is granted.

[Revivor of Legends] - Title given to those who will/do revive legends. The learning of forgotten techniques becomes faster.

[Size Adjust] - Adjust size using stored transformation magic. Regenerates magic from atmospheric mana.

Hidden by magic to disrupt [Appraisal]:

[Holder of Kazo's Soul] - The Blade of Severance holds the Blade Demon King, Kazo Heuter's soul remnants. It will be fully reconstructed and revived when sufficient [Blood Nutrient] is reached.

[Wielder Possession] - Kazo's soul can possess the user for a short time.

"You know, I feel like someone might come for us because we have this."

I pointed to the firm black blade. 

"We'll probably be fine. Probably..."

 

4