Chapter 1: Female Extra of the Last Days (1)
153 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hi, please comment if there is anything wrong (grammar, etc.) or critiques, haven't tried making a novel with this type of setting before so it may be rough, thank you!

Chapter 1: Transmirgating into a 'White Moonlight'

In the middle of a hallway within Peking university, Han Wuqing, who was lying defenselessly on the ground, opened her eyes.

Standing up and assesing her surrounding, Han Wuqing felt the influx of the original body's memories mixed with her own without warning.

A few minutes passed by before Han Wuqing let off a sigh of irritation, her heart became cold, she wished to end herself as it would be better than being in her current predicament.

The new world she entered was one of the worst possible places for taskers, an apocalyptic world, a world where survival for each day isn't guaranteed, much less the basic necessities for personal life.

On December 2069, City F experienced an earth shattering tsunami that not only killed thousands of its civilians but also brought forth an undiscovered new virus out of the sea.

The new virus quickly spread throughout the country at an abnormal pace, allowing hundreds of millions to get infected within a matter of days.

Noone thought the new virus was a problem at first, only having a small cough appear as a symptom, but on the eclipse of the beginning of January, everything changed, earth became purgatory.

All of the millions of infected people across the country died at once, leaving their bodies to turn into mindless beasts that devour other people, zombies.

The infected started attacking others within close proximity, people who were once lovers or family could be seen killing each other, one for survival, the other for food.

But that wasn't the worst of it, the people who were bitten and killed by these zombies became one of them, leading to an infection that quickly spread throughout the country.

Order quickly collapsed under this sudden appearance of fellow humans turning into cannibalistic monsters, all presence of the government quickly collapsed leaving most of what little power the country had left to the scattered army's combating the zombies.

In a matter of weeks, less than 20 percent of the country's population remained with the majority of others being infected or eaten,  the survivors started making camps and bases in order to keep some semblance of society afloat, but zombies were only one of the many problems humans would face during the end times.

Random humans developed strange new powers after waking from fevers, a person could be seen spewing fire and at the same time another could be seen producing water.

Along with this discovery, there were two pieces of news found out, zombies were evolving at an alarming rate, becoming more powerful as they ate more humans, and that there were crystal nucleus hidden in the heads of the zombies that raised the powers of ability users.

The crystal nucleus became one of the most desired objects in the end times, being treated as a currency for trade among survivors, especially being desired by ability holders to raise their strength.

The new ability holders were able to change the hierarchy of power, now it was not the government who controlled the citizens, but the people who had the strongest ability taking power .

The most powerful ability holders started taking over and even making their own bases across the country, one of them being in the city where the male lead lived.

The male lead Qin Shu is one of the lucky people to manifest powers, being the thunder ability, the strongest offensive power in the last days.

Qin Shu was born as the proud heir of City F's richest family the Qin's, the owners of the biggest entertainment company within the country.

As the son of a multibillion dollar comglomerate, Qin Shu's whole life was filled with riches that one would expect from the richest family in the city, the best teachers for learning, and the respect that comes along with being a heir.

At the age of 18,  Qin Shu graduated at the top of his class, becoming a leading talent for his generation.

Many female students admired him for his cold indifferent personality, but most wouldn't get into his eyes.

Qin Shu is undoubtedly the son of luck inside and out, wealth, women, and status, he isn't short of either of these.

In the beginning of the book, Qin Shu is 20, being the founder of a successful start-up while attending Peking University, his life trajectory could be said to be undoubtedly heading towards success, at least that would've been the case if the last days didn't happen.

When the apocalypse started, Qin shu who was with his classmates in the classroom at the time, escaped with them to a nearby shopping mall, taking shelter in one of the abandoned shoe stores.

Within the shoe shop, Qin Shu and his classmates stayed stranded for days waiting for the army and government to rescue them.

Weeks passed until eventually dissatisfaction manifested within the group, in particular Qin Shu and the others.

Qin Shu made a lot of enemies amongst his classmates with his arrogant high cold aura, many of his classmates were jealous of his family and specifically the males were jealous of his popularity with the female students.

The male students allied with each other to 'propose' that Qin Shu leave the shoe shop in search for more food, but everyone knew inside that they just wanted to see Qin Shu, who was not pleasing to their eye, dead.

Although the female students had a favorable view of Qin Shu for his looks and cold attitude, they didn't have the guts to go against the boys as they were the primary combat force against the zombies.

Under the urging of his classmates, Qin Shu left the shoe shop, making his decision to head for a safe base.

During Qin Shu's journey, he came across many ability users fighting against zombies, some good, others holding malicious intents on him.

Eventually Qin shu found his way to the Tomorow base within City F, awakening his own abilities, becoming a heavyweight among survivors.

In the base, he met the female lead of the story, Ye Wan, the leader of the most powerful mercenary group within the base.

Qin Shu combined forces with Ye Wan and became a generation of powerhouses among survivors, having control of the Tomorow base in all but name.

Han Wuqing entered the world as not even a passerby of the plot, the male lead's 'white moonlight' that disappeared at the beginning of the plot without showing up in the novel at all, who just happened to share the same name as her.

Han Wuqing is the campus goddess of the male lead's university, being the unatainable beauty that never sets her attention on anyone.

Calling Han Wuqing a white moonlight for the male lead is a stretch, the male lead and her ojnly shared a few sentences at most, so the odds of the arrogant male lead developing feelings between men and women for her can be said to be unlikely.

Admiration is a more appropriate word for the male lead's feeling, viewing Han Wuqing as a good example for women to be strong and prideful.

This admiration will eventuially be transfered to the female lead as she was similar in temperment to Han Wuqing.

A year before the apocalypse started, Han Wuqing was kidnapped by traffickers, leading her wherabouts to be unknown to her family and friends.

Han Wuqing can't even be counted as a passerby within the story, being only briefly mentioned in the plot when Qin Shu reminisces of his life before the apocalypse, the one girl that left a brief impression on him.

Han Wuqing regained her composure and asked "System, what is the goal for this world?".

System: [Host, the Task for this world doesn't involve the main story line, the original body's owner only has only one requirement].

[Find the original body's family and survive the last days]

'Much easier than I anticipated'

Han Wuqing found this requirement fairly easy compared to her expectations, she didn't need to fight any female or male leads, not even a female partner.

Just survive with the body's family? Even if it's the last days where survival is hard to guarantee, for a veteran task taker like Han Wuqing, this is more than plausible, but still a little troublesome for the long term.

Han Wuqing suddenly had a question in mind "System, how did the original body arrive at this hall, didn't she get kidnapped by traffickers a year before the plot?".

System: [Host, the original body didn't appear within the plot so I was allowed to transport the missing person to a suitable location for you, the whereabouts of the body within the past year wouldn't affect your mission].

Han Wuqing had her doubts solved, although she didn't know the specifics of the body's activities for the past year, she wouldn't go out of her way to question the system for it, just like the system stated, if it was important enough the system would have told her.

Han Wuqing would never ask any needless questions, she knows the plot and has the body's relevant memories, that's all that matters.

"Grr" Han Wuqing suddenly heard a low growl coming from the staircase nearest to her.

As she came across the entrance of the staircase, she smelled one of the worst stenches she ever smelt, a mixture of rotten flesh and scum coming together to make a terrible aroma.

Walking closer to the stairs, what appeared in the staircase was a zombie whose arms were stuck in the railings of the stairs with a javelin lodged in its throat.

The zombie spotted Han Wuqing and tried to break his arms free from the railing, flailing his body forward like a dog that spotted his next meal.

Han Wuqing edged closer to the zombie despite its roaring and biting motion towards her.

System: [Host, be careful the zombie bite can infect...].

Ignoring the system's unfinished words, Han Wuqing stood in front of the zombie who was itching to take a bite out of her.

She reached out for the javelin and started to rotate it along with the zombie's head until the zombie's roaring vanished and the head was cleanly removed from the body, dropping to the floor with blood still leaking from it.

System: ....

The system couldn't help getting nonexistent cold sweat from this action, so far it has only seen it's host in peaceful worlds, so even if the host kept a cold indifferent attitude towards the surroundings the system never thought much, until right now.

Han Wuqing looked at the javelin she held covered in blood from the zombie with disgust "This will have to due for now".


Bonus (Extras)

Han Wuqing: "Dog system why did you send me here?"

System: [Host, I chose a world that matches the great god's perception of your inner personality    ^-^]

Han Wuqing said with a threatening gaze, eyeing the reset button on the system panel "Wrong answer"

2