The Princess and Lady Yuria
169 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 : The Princess and Lady Yuria

"Princess we have reached your school and we are at the front gate" My coachman said while he opened the door for me.

Today is the day where I move into my dormitory ! You must be wondering why a princess staying in a dormitory ~ Fret not I shall tell you why ! I want to fully experience school life like how my brother is experiencing it ! Although my parents wished I wouldn't , but it's a once in a lifetime thing so why not ! Before I forget , I am Amelia Lux Herman! Princess of the Herman Empire .

"Princess?" My coachman questioned me as I wasn't getting down

"I apologize I was thinking of something," I replied as I got down from the carriage

As I was about to get down the carriage I heard someone calling for me and of course that voice belongs to my one and only brother . The Prince , Felix Dior Herman . He is 2 years older than me.

" Amelia ! Your brother has come to fetch you ! "

" Thank you for doing so bro-... Oh dear may I ask brother who these two are? " I asked as I turned to see a handsome man and beautiful lady which both possessed beautiful black hair which I could assume both of them are related, they walked towards me alongside my brother.

"Ah right were having fever during my 16th birthday it's no surprise you wouldn't know them but anyways let me introduce to you this is Hartknight and Lady Yuria siblings of Duke Altera , This my younger sister Amelia Lux Herman "

"I'm Hartknight , Hartknight Luke Altera "

"Yuria Aireen Altera just call me Yuria"

They both introduced at the same time but my eyes were glued to Yuria her eyes were just so beautiful and her voice was so pleasant to my ears as it sounded like she could just calm an angry person in an instant.

"Amelia ? Hello ? Down to earth sister " My brother poked my cheek

"Yes yes i'm here.. Call me Amelia and please don't touch my face with your filthy hands brother " I glared to my brother

"HAHAHA I'm sorry Ameliaaa forgive your brother ~ "

As me and my brother had our usual bantering I could hear both Altera sibling chuckled at us

"Oh before I forget Amelia your roommate will be Lady Yuria starting from today and Lady Yuria I hope you will take care of my sister " My brother looked and smiled widely to Lady Yuria and me while he spoke.

What's with that weird smile...Is my brother interested in Yuria ?

After the introduction we went towards the dormitory to take a look at both Yuria and my room . As we reached my brother informed me to meet him at the cafeteria to get our lunch together after we were done settling our stuff and so we parted ways .

Apparently the dormitory has a set of rules that all students have to follow .. We are supposed to be in the dormitory by 10 pm latest unless special events are hosted by the school and the royal family . No males are allowed in the female dormitory vice versa . We are not allowed to bring our maid in the room as the school wants us to learn to be independent for the 3 years that we are here .

I will be screwed. I'm pretty sure I have never done things on my own since everything is always done by my maids. I hope that things will go smoothly while I'm here .

As I entered the room I was surprised that the room was slightly bigger than I expected as it was the thing I'm worried about in the dormitory but the room is still smaller than my own room of course . There were two beds at each side , study tables side by side with a wardrobe and a small table which I assumed it's for us to chat and have tea . I feel like I'm in a small house rather than a room . Bathrooms are also located in the room . Apparently what I did not know is that room is personally designed just for me .

"Woahh..ah opps I apologize Princess Amelia for being rude" Yuria apologized while still being amazed with the room

"Haha it's alright I don't mind " I replied

"If I could be honest the room is sure beautiful with everything included I thought that we would need to go to the common bathroom to do so. "

"Yes indeed it's beautiful but are all the rooms like this big ? " I questioned

"I apologize I myself is not too sure about this Princess Amelia" she replied

The room turned silent after our short conversation and so both of us just started unpacking our stuff as I'm unsure where to begin. I just sat on my bed and watched Yuria unpack her items. She was so pretty from head to toe it's like everything about her is so perfect.. I wonder if she has someone she is engaged with. I'm pretty sure her fiancee would be happy to have her by his side...WAIT why am I slightly upset about this! .

"Uhm Princess are you staring too much at me ?? " She blushed

"OH ahaha.. well.. I've never done things on my own before so I'm a bit lost".

Not a bit but I'm TOTALLY LOST ..I wonder if I have made the right decision on staying in the dorm for 3 years and what will Yuria think of me won't she think I'm a burden an idiot princess who can't do anything ? AND THEN SHE WILL REQUEST TO CHANGE DORM ROOMS ? NOOoo I don't want that ! looks like I really need to learn how to be independent from now on.

"Well to be expected you are a princess of this empire of course the maids are the one to do everything for you. I'll help you once I'm done with mine" She smiled

"Thank you" I smiled shyly

While waiting for her I took out my pocket watch to check on the time so as not to be late to meet my brother for lunch at the cafeteria as I looked at it . Yuria asked me with a strange look on her face.

"Princess forgive me for being rude but may I know where you got that pocket watch from ? "

"Ah this ? I remembered I got this from someone when I was 5 . Made a promise on it but I don't quite remember the promise I made "

"I see..."

Yuria was looking quite strange after that I'm not sure what happened .

Shortly after Yuria helped me with unpacking my stuff , both of us headed towards the cafeteria to meet both of our brothers there.

"Amelia !" My brother called to me as he waved to get my attention

Nodding at my brother to acknowledge and as I looked at Yuria she still wore that strange look on her face as if she was thinking about something deeply . I wonder if she is feeling alright .

"How is your new room" My brother asked

"Hmm, it's larger than what I expected for sure ." I answered.

"Hahaha for sure ! and Hartknight , I shall accompany my sister to assist her on the food and to submit the necessary things . You should do the same for your sister as well"

"Yeah I'll do that too "

"I'll see you both here after we get our food then "

As we walked to get our food my brother informed me that my room was especially made bigger, As mother and father wished me to have an easier life in the school since I'll be away from home for long and they wanted to have an exclusive maid but my brother mentioned that I need to be more independent and to be able to make the right choices for my own future , that much amend was made just for me.. Mother , Father I truly love you both ...

"Thank you brother for thinking about my future"

"You are my useless sister of course I need to do what's necessary for you"

"HEY!! I TAKE MY THANKS BACK !!" I screamed at him

My brother was just laughing too much as I pouted at him . But I know my brother cares about me not just my brother , I would say the people around me cares for me a lot I can tell and I wish I could repay their kindness...

"Oh yea brother I have a question "

"What is it Amelia ? "

"Does Yuria have a fiancee ? "

Is not uncommon for ladies my age to get engaged since they would get married after they graduate from school .But for me and my brother we would need to choose wisely as our parents want us to be someone we truly love since we are not allowed to divorce our partner regardless . I'm still scared not knowing if our partner is just using us or something but I really hope the one I love is truly the one...

"Hmm from what I know she doesn't have any and she has been rejecting proposals from all nobles even from the neighbouring empire which is weird to me but then again probably she wants to enjoy life before tying a knot maybe ? not too sure on that matter ." He replied

"I see... Are you not interested in her at all ? I mean she is beautiful , soft spoken and come from a good family I would say she is perfect all around in my own opinion "

My brother smirked at me..

"Wait huh why are you looking at me like that" I questioned

"Well hehe it's nothing ~ Your brother is just happy to be able to see you in school every day now "

Hmm maybe he does have interest in Yuria after all, probably too shy to say it in front of his sister who knows life is always unexpected.

Me and my brother head to the main building to submit the necessary documents for my enrollment as well as for the dormitory. Once we are done we head back towards the cafeteria and I questioned my brother why didn't we just meet here instead of the cafeteria and he said because he doesn't want to stand for long waiting for me. Ahh.. as usual my brother.. I have no comment for it .

As we arrived at the cafeteria. I got myself a spicy tuna sandwich and earl grey tea . It looks like Altera siblings aren't here yet so we decided to wait for them before eating our lunch together..

 

-Yuria -

Shortly after the Princess and the Prince left to submit the Princess documents I sighed , My brother caught on it and asked.

"Yuria are you alright ? weren't you excited to meet the princess ?"

"Yes I am alright , well I am excited to meet the princess of course... but do you remember about the promise and the reason why I gave my pocket watch away? When i was younger I told you about it "

"Yeah you told me you made a promise to marry that person and the reason why you gave the pocket watch was so you know it was that person you made a promise to and that person gave you a bracelet . "

"Yeah..."

"Hmm? Not going to be stubborn and decide to get engaged?

You sure did cause mum and dad to worry and rejecting the nobles that wanted to propose to you "

"Well I apologize for that ..."

"Yuria I understand that our family isn't the type to break any promises even to the smallest of things. But this is regarding your future. If you were to like someone do tell me alright? I'll be here for you even if you tell me you like a commoner. I'll help you to talk to our parents out with it, okay ? "

"But the princess..."

"Ah talking about the princess, her platinum blonde with her golden eyes which only the royal possess is sure beautiful. I never expect to see someone as beautiful as her makes me feel she is the sky herself. "

Ha....I can't say it to my brother about it and It seems like my brother likes her a lot but that pocket watch has my initials on it . I'm surprised she kept it well till today. Well the same goes to me as I looked at my wrist to see the bracelet and realised the initial A.L.H , Amelia Lux Herman . Finally I know your name... and to think that we promised each other to get married even when we both are females.

"Yuria let's go settle your stuff we can't let them wait for us too long later" My brother smiled at me .

"Alright" I replied to my brother as we both stood up and on our way to settle my school stuff.

I wonder how I am going to face Princess Amelia from now on , as I look up to the clear sky thinking how things are going to proceed from here.

8