Chapter 1: A New Start and a tragedy
44 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A New Start and a tragedy

I am a Non-English Speaker and a Beginner who is writing for fun. I am not so good at English and don't have the writing skills as other Writers so there can be many mistakes.


"Mmm…that was a good sleep," thought Kudo, trying to open his eyes from sleep.

Then Kudo sees a different ceiling and looks around. Confused, he said, 'Huh! Where am I? This isn't my room.' but his words sounded like gibberish from an infant. Shocked, he tried to stand up but he couldn't. He tried to raise his hands.

"What? Why's my hand so tiny?" shocked after seeing his tiny hands.

Suddenly he remembered what had happened to him, "Wait! Aren't I supposed to be dead? I know I died saving a little girl who was about to be hit by a truck. Am I still alive?"

He again looked at his hands, touched his face, and thought, "What is this? What happened to me? Did I turn into a baby?"

After thinking for a while, "Mm So, I have been reincarnated. Then why are my memories still with me, shouldn't they be erased",

In a previous life, he had learned that when a person reincarnates their memories of their past life are erased. So, having his previous memories confused him and it also made him excited.

"Whoa! It's like those mangas where MC gets reborn in a different world." Kudo was pumped up.

In his past life, Kudo was an average-looking, a senior high school student. He was an 18 years old single boy, tall and not too thin with black hair. His parents loved him but they died when he was young and had been staying alone. He managed his life with some money his parents left for him, help from his relatives, and a part-time job. Though he was alone, he didn't worry about such things but there were times he would feel lonely without his parents. He didn't have much problem in his life, but he had to work extra hard than others which made him wish to have an easy life where he wouldn't have to work hard. So, being reborn in another world actually made him excited.

Then he hears a door opening sound. He sees a woman who was wearing a simple household dress coming towards him. She carries him from a bed and with a smile says, 'Did you wake up?'

The woman had blonde hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. She was beautiful, even her smile and voice were beautiful.

"This must be my mother." he thought. He remembered his parents from his previous life, it made him happy that he now had a family. "Nice to meet you, please take good care of me," Kudo said but only baby gibberish came, it made his mother happy.

'Aaaah!!' A woman screamed.

Mother, surprised after hearing the scream said, ‘did something happen?'. She kept Kudo down on the bed and said, 'I'll be right back. She then hurriedly went downstairs.

Kudo also heard the scream and was wondering what happened. Then he heard the footsteps of running. His mother opened the door. She hurriedly came towards Kudo and carried him. She was sweating and panicking. She was scared. Kudo wondered if something bad had happened but he couldn't ask that. She looked around, then put Kudo under the bed.

'Stay here, everything will be alright.' the mother said with an anxious face and left the room in a hurry.

Her words made Kudo anxious. Even though he was an infant, he could understand her words.

A door opened and a person came in, however it wasn't Kudo's mother. The person was wearing black shoes. Kudo could only see small parts from under the table. That person roams around as if searching for something. Kudo kept silent and kept watching.

‘The baby is not here,' said a man. Kudo was surprised that they were looking for him. But what shocked him was the blood that was dropping on the floor from that man. It made Kudo more anxious.

The man left the room. Then he talked to another person outside the room. 'The baby is not here. Let's search another room,' said the man that left Kudo's room. 'Okay,' the other replied. The other person was also male.

"They are looking for me... and what was that blood," thought Kudo, "Mother, What happened to her?" Kudo felt anxious.

After a few minutes, those two men again came to the room where Kudo was hiding. 'Let's search again. The baby should be here since this looks like that woman's room,' one man said and started to search the room again. Then one man came towards the bed and looked under the bed.

'There you are,' said the man. He brought out the baby from under the bed and put him on the bed. The two men looked at the baby. Kudo also saw those men.

The men were tall, wearing all black dresses. They covered their face with half masks from nose to forehead and head from a hood. There was a white symbol on their mask on their forehead: circle and vertical line, vertical line cut the circle from the middle and was longer than the circle. They carried a long sword, the sword was covered in blood.

Kudo, was now certain that they were somewhat like assassins and the blood on their swords were of his mother and others. He got furious. His eyes glowed red with anger.

'I think he is angry.' said one of the men. 'It's not like he can do anything. He is going to die just like his mother.' said another. 'Then, let's finish the job quickly,' the first men said.

Listening to their conversation, Kudo found out that they had killed his mother. Though he knew her for a minute, she reminded him of his mother of a previous life. He was happy to get a family but now that person was murdered, this made Kudo fill with hatred.

The infant Kudo had little yellow hair just like his mother but had red eyes.

One man took out a small knife from his knife pocket and was about to place the knife on Kudo's throat. 

"If I live through this, I swear, I will find you and kill you bastards." Kudo thought. He couldn't believe that he was about to die when he was reincarnated just a few minutes ago and also couldn't believe that he lost his family once again. The more he thought about it the more he got furious. His eyes were filled with hatred and rage. His face looked scary with glowing eyes.

When the knife was nearing Kudo's throat, at that moment, Kudo saw two solid dark red tentacles with pointed front and triple line nodes coming down through the ceiling behind those two men.

The assassins were able to sense it. One immediately turned back to check what it was and was pierced by the pointed tentacle quickly. At the same moment, the other assassin jumped to his open side quickly, turning around to see what he sensed. Another tentacle pierced his chest when he landed. Both were scared and groaning in pain and died. The two tentacles that pierced the assassins were covered in blood, it disappeared in the ceiling and another tentacle came through it.

Kudo was confused, "What are those things? What's going on?" As another tentacle was reaching him, he closed his eyes and cried out, "Wait!"

The creature wrapped the Kudos body in a single round and lifted him. Kudo felt that he's being lifted and opened his eyes. "What are those things?" he thought as he saw many tentacles on the ceiling. He was scared. He thought he was going to get killed just like the two assassins or get eaten. He closed his eyes in fear, but the creature didn’t do anything. Kudo was surprised. He felt that it wasn’t there to kill him but protect him. His fear was gone.

"This smell?" Kudo smelled something. Then he remembered his mother. As he thought about his mother, the creature moved slowly to the corridor. It had the ability to pass through objects. The creature carried Kudo outside the corridor, to his mother. There was black smoke coming from downstairs. The assassins wanted to burn everything.

Kudo saw his mother lying, facing the floor. There was a deep cut behind her back and blood had spilled all over the floor. He was sad and wanted to see her for the last time. "I want to see her face." Kudo thought. As if the creature had read his mind, it slowly faced the mother towards Kudo. His mother was dead and had teary eyes.

After looking at mother's face, he said "Goodbye mother," in a sad voice. Then tears rolled down from his eyes. The demon-like head appeared from the ceiling, then it ate the baby Kudo disappeared into the ceiling and emerged outside the house from below ground. 

The house was a two-story house similar to that in medieval fantasy. It was midnight, and the only house was the only one in that area. It was burning wildly in the moonless night.

The creature opened its mouth wide. From inside the creature's mouth, Kudo watched the house getting burned. He didn't know what was happening and why it was happening. Then he made a vow, "I swear, I will find whoever did this and make them pay for it." The red creature that was protecting him, swallowed him and disappeared under the ground.

Inside a creature was vast white space and in the middle was a big throne. The throne was made of stone and had a long stile. At the top of the stile, was an emblem, a golden sun with a face, and a golden line around it. On the throne infant, Kudo was asleep.

0