Chapter 1: His demise is ironic
77 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What is the purpose of living in this world?

Many definition could be given for those who wishes to answer the question that suddenly came out of nowhere from the young man mind as he wander from his workplace to the small apartment which is located exactly at the next neighborhood of that very office where he had spent almost two years to become their worker, in other words he had the class in the society and viewed himself as a white-collar worker, if another word maybe used to simplify the job of young man then salaryman is the most appropriate selection of from the dictionary to describe him.

He have that very same thought so many thing as he went from his home to the workplace and doing the exactly same thing when he go home from his office, the question in his head seems to be meaningless, and even if he asked people around him for their opinion, the young man will be only told to not think so hard about something like that and then some advice on how to improve their work-quality would be given.

The young man isn’t exactly looking the kind of answer where he told to not mind the question that already haunting for these past few years, around the start of 2nd year as of high school if he remember right, that was the time when he have this question came to his head and made him much more solemn to do something as he never really could guess the true value of the things he had done.

Just as any young salaryman out there, the young man have the daily life of going to his workplace from the time when sun rises in the dawn and then came home at the most late moment where most of the workers already decided to go back then he would follow suits, as he doesn’t have neither the position or capability of making an impression about himself as someone who would leave the workplace early, immediately making him to be seen as someone who have tendency to be selfish and doesn’t hold any respect toward his co-workers who working hard till the break of the next dawn.

But exactly because this is the kind of life that he have been living for these past few years, the young man questioning what is his purpose to be living under constant pressure of working so hard with the payment that seems to be so lacking in the term of how much concentration and will he given to fulfill his workload, and doing the very same routine everyday without any real rest, except when he get sick where the office would let him stay in his home and given some days-off.

Today was the same, everything just goes like the usual for the young man, he left the office tad bit late because he didn’t want to be seen as someone who lacking respect toward the other worker who pulled all-nighter for their work and having the same exact thought just as he was walking toward the direction of his apartment, as it wasn’t really situated so far from his workplace the young man actually didn’t really have any complaints for staying late in the office, but he still dislike the idea of doing all of these late go home just because he needs to think the image he had at the office.

That very line of thought that he must give some consideration toward those seniors and at the same time, trying to be kind at his junior worker actually irritated him to the point where sometimes he blast the very thought about him by coming to the nearest church and praying so hard with one simple wish: May they suffer and be struck by your holy divine light which traverse with the speed that no man could sees.

In other word, he wanted them to be punished for all of the act that they committed toward and him, at this point must people would say that his prayer is kind of taking to the eleven, they’ll question on why he made those kind of prayer to the God who is all-loving and equally caring for all of beings in this world.

The young man shall gaze toward the very eyes of those who watches him and questioning him on his prayer, he usually would star by sighing and then said, “ If you in the same situation of me then you’ll be doing the same thing, even if I didn’t really believe in the concept of prayers could be fulfilled easily, I would still pray because these actually helps me to get my mind clear, nice and easy, I shall begin with telling you the tale of what sorts atrocity that they have pulled toward me.”

The story would goes, like how he was told off by his senior to be working fast only to be told to be not so edgy and start doing his works with slower pace that he found enjoyable, but when he did just as what his senior said, he was told off to start working faster because there are lots of project are waiting for him to be worked on.

The listener would say, “ Isn’t those kind of thing normal in an office environment?”

But the young man would continue, there was one time where he and most of his senior go out and drink together but all of the bill were given toward him because they uses the reason that their money isn’t really enough to pay and the fact that they drink too much without really paying attention toward what is happening even toward the conclusion of these drink event happened.

As the young man decided to pay some amount of the money with the pretext becoming the good junior he is, the bills actually were filled with so many zeros that for a second he thought that it was his yearly salary.

Those who listen to his story to this point will start seeing why this young man become so bitter toward his senior, but the fact about why he despise his junior worker hasn’t come to the light yet and even without asking, the young man continued his story.

One of the thing that a salaryman must do is doing their report, the process of the work are actually easy, it wasn’t as hard as doing something like coming up with a new idea for the company or doing something along those line, but what’s make them seen with hatred is because the long time they needed to write of their reports, you need a few hours to write the reports which usually means you copy-write the original report that is written on a paper to become a document data, and it didn’t stop there as they also need to see if their writing are all correct, without any typos, and told the information just as exactly as the paper reports.

This kind of works is one of the most easiest when someone compare it with working for a project where it could be said the process of work is so pressuring even though the time needed to finish the work isn’t that long but that’s exactly the point because of one simple existence of a term with the meaning of doing their work based on set time limit, which is by the way was also the plague for some students at the college, it’s called deadline and you’ll be suffering to the point you wishes for the Death himself to came and help you relieve from all of the pressure.

Between reports and working on project, most people who heard the description from the mouth of this very young man who just made a pray to wishes his co-worker basically to go off and begone from this world would totally agree that they rather work on a report rather than the high-risk project.

And yet, those rascal!–as the young man want to screamed out from the bottom of his heart, only to be stopped when he realizes that showing anger toward someone who didn’t even involved with anything regarding his problem would be an immature act.

Most of the junior would beg their senior to fill in their reports, they usually uses reasons that varies from the most unsuspicious one:

“ Ah, sorry, I have some appointment that. Could you please help me with the reports, senior?”

And the most suspiciously and seen from the eye of the young man to be something that is borderline with stupidity.

“ My goldfishes just died, could you pleaseeee help me with my report? I need to be on their funeral.”

Very funny–thought the young man as he heard so many reasons on why they must be helped for the sake of their personal business, and to make matter worse, they usually just ended up go drinking, having a party, or any some sorts of joyous occasion which the young man knew based on their social media status,

Those who listen to his story usually couldn’t do anything other than saying that he needed to become much more patience and stronger that he is now. Too bad for them, that’s already something that the young man told to himself countless time in the past so that advice were basically his mantra for not losing his mind and hitting every last of his co-workers using the keyboard from his sets of working PC.

Everything that has happened to him only make his questioning on his purpose for living become much more stronger, which is why, other than hoping the demise of his co-worker, he also pray to God for some guidance on what he should do with his life.

Usually, there is no answer though.

‘God probably busy trying to fixes thing in every part of the world, maybe like poverty, famine, and anything that related to wide-scale catastrophe that is much more important than to meddle with someone life.’

Those were the belief of the young man as he already accepting that at this point God couldn’t help him and he feel a little bit of disappointment but still clinging toward the small chances of his pray being heard by the Almighty One.

His questioning for why he needed to live his life is soon to be answered when a rain suddenly start pouring from the sky and each of the raindrops smash themselves to any surface they could laid on, the young man was no exception and when he realizes that the rain is quite heavy, he decided to search for a place where he could have a shelter for protection against the raindrops that are dropping rapidly with the speed that would making motorcycle rider to be in pain when they rode with this weather.

Just as he wanted to walk away from the road where he have been standing on for quite some time, suddenly a ray of light appearing from the sky, the young man immediately get the idea of a lightning might struck down some place and didn’t think anything other than that.

And just as expected, the lightning were bolting toward somewhere, and in the matters of seconds, his mind then registering the fact that the lightning bolt are coming toward his direction with speed that is almost impossible for any normal human eye to witness.

“ Wait, wha–?!”

He couldn’t really finishes his sentence as the lightning have hit him and then enveloped him with light which is mixed with electricity, jolting pain then shock his whole body, it was as if his whole body were being electrocuted all the way and the pain of something being burned penetrated toward his mind, all of that were of course the results of being hit by a lightning.

The young man already registered the fact that he is being hit by a lightning and in that split seconds he realizes the worst thing that might came from this event, his death.

Even for an event that transpired in few seconds, the young man then realizes that his wishes for someone to be hit by a lightning were fulfilled but not toward those people who he despise with passion.

The karma is going against him.

Last thing that goes on his mind while he still retains his consciousness was simple fact that he want to curses the God for his fate up till this point.

 

 

0