Chapter 10
240 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anna was running through the crowds.

She bump to other people and fall down many times, but she immediately stand up back. She can felt and heard the fight in the distance more clearly.

When she was still running, she saw an alley devoid of people and she decided to go through there. 

She entered the alley and started to run faster. But maybe because she didn't pay attention to her surroundings she bump to someone in the alley.

"Kyaahh!"

"Woops, careful there young miss. It's dangerous if you don't pay any attention to your surroundings."

The person who she bump into hold her hand before she fall down.

She looked up.

A person who she bump into is someone wearing a robe and a blank mask. She can't see any part of his body, but judging from the voice, this person seems to be a male.

"I'm sorry!"

She left that words and started running again.

On the other hand, the masked man gazed at Anna's direction while rubbing his chin.

"Hmm, just now that girl gave a strange feeling..."

He thought for a bit and decided to throw the matters out his mind.

He jump to the roof of the building and stare at the fight unfolded in the distance with great interest.

"That young man is quite skilled, he can hold his ground to this extent, it's quite impressive. But there's something strange..."

The more he observe the more he felt there was something amiss with this fight but he can't put his finger on it.

When he took a closer look at the young man fighting the two guardian of the city, he froze on the spot.

"That robe...there's no mistaking it, it's Lady Grey's."

He suddenly remembered his colleague who has been lost contact with the organization since 9 years ago, and many thought flashed his mind.

He took a closer look at the young man's figure. He opened his eyes wide behind the mask in absolute shock.

"That hair and eye color, don't tell me..."

A complicated emotion can be felt from his voice, and he burst into laughter.

"Kukukuku hahahahahaha! I see, so you've fulfilled your duty Lady Grey, I'm sure our master will be grateful to you."

•••

Boom!*

An explosion occured and three figures jump out of the cloud of dust. The three of them landed smoothly on the ground. Without any warning Liselotte immediately rushed at Hart brandishing her sword and attack him, Hart managed to evade it by jumping above her head. A building sliced in half by that attack.

Liselotte turn her body and attack him with a follow up but he block it using his sword. Hart raise his dagger to block the incoming attack from Esterosa from above. Esterosa react quickly and kick his side and send Hart flying far away and crashed on a building.

Hart got up and wipe the blood coming out of his mouth.

"Cough cough. Damn it, even the spirits can't get rid of them. At this rate, my body will broke first."

[It's okay Hart, we will repair it for you if its broken]

[Yeah! Yeah! No worries!]

[Ahahahaha this is fun!]

[Yeah, Hart is right! This is fun!]

[Ahahahahahahahaha!]

Hart frowned hearing the spirits energetic voices.

[Err... Can you guys get rid of them quickly?]

[Ehhh... But that's not fun...]

[Boo boo you're no fun]

[No fun]

[Don't kidding with me! I'm gonna die if you don't end it quickly!]

[Yeah yeah we're gonna end it quickly]

[Yeah we're just gonna play a little bit longer]

F*ck!

He wanted to cuss at them to his heart content but his thought interrupted because he saw Liselotte in an Iaido stance not far away from him.

"Third form: Silent Moon"

She draw her sword in a quick motion and an energy wave shoot out from her blade. 

For a moment Hart felt as if his head was cut off and he unconciously stopped his breathing.

Clank!*

Hearing that sound he realized that it was just an illusion.

Liselotte is agape seeing he still standing without any scratch. 

"He...just cancel it...like that...?"

She saw how he swing his sword diagonally and thought that he just surprised by her attack and just swung his sword recklessly. She already consider the possibility he can block this technique just like in the prison. But she never consider that he can cancel her technique like that.

That technique can even cut 3 layers of barrier from a High mage, so how is he...?

While she was still in a daze Esterosa already started closing her distance with him and swung her sword the moment she get close to him.

Hart managed to parry her but her charge still not stopped and she pushed him back through a few walls before finally stopped. Both of them fell into a deadlock situation.

"Hey, hey, Commander, You're not fighting like a knight at all. Don't you have a knight code or something like that?"

"Hmph. I never consider myself a knight. I'm just someone who love this city and worked hard to protect it. The Knight Commander title is just something I obtained in the process."

Hart tried to attack her conscience for attacking him 2 vs 1, but to his dissapointment it didn't work at all.

The three of them has been fighting for quite a long time. Many buildings collapsed and the plaza is wrecked beyond recognition, the once beautiful fountain now is nothing more than a pile of rubbles.

But despite the damage done to the city none of them suffer any significant injury, they only suffer a few bruises from impact, punches, or kicks without any blade wounds. On one hand Hart is being protected by the spirit and on the other hand Esterosa and Liselotte is wary of Calcalia's tears applied to his weapon so they never let his attack graze them at all.

While both of them still in a deadlock situation suddenly a child voice a voice pull their attention.

"Big brother!"

[Hey it's her!]

[She's come!]

[Good!]

Both of them looked at the sourced of the voice and found Anna was standing there. Her face is full of sweat and her breathing is haggard, clearly she was running to reach this place.

Stab*

Suddenly Hart felt a sharp pain on his left chest, when he looked down he found a blade pierced him.

"Cough!"

He spat out a mouthful of blood and his unchanging expression all this time winch in pain.

For a moment all the attention of the people present in that place gathered at Anna when she arrived.

But only one, only one person was not get distracted by her presence, and that was Liselotte. In that instant she managed to get behind Hart and stabbed her sword through his left chest.

She twist her sword and pull it at once to make the bleeding worse. Hart lost all the strength in his body and collapsed on the spot.

[Ah! We were careless!]

[Hart!]

[This is bad!]

[What do we do, what do we do!?]

"Nooo!!!!"

Anna's heart-wrenching wail echoed accross the now silent plaza.

•••

Anna was running

In the past she lived in a secluded Draph's village far from any cities and human settlements. Her parents and the villager are kind people. His sister is a bit harsh compared to others but she knew she was the one who love her most. She grew up normally like any other children around her. 

Occasionally she had a strange dream. She dream about a place with many stone building standing tall as far as her eyes can see, weird steel carriages moving on it's own without anything pulling it, and people holding strange tools in their hands. That place was so dazzling and she wonder if there were really someplace like that in this world so she decided to ask her neighbor who is a former merchant about it but only to come home in disapointment after hearing his story.

After that she keep getting those dreams occasionally but she never mind it too much and live her life like usual. 

But her daily life change abruptly when a group of slave dealers come across her village. They killed every men in the village and captured all the women and children. 

Run Anna, run as far  away as you can. It's okay, I will catch up to you later.

The image of her sister smiling kindly at her while telling her to run ingrained deeply in her memories. She run  across plains and through forest. She keep running without knowing when she need to stop. She didn't eat or drink, strangely enough she never get tired so she keep running mindlessly.

She didn't know how much time has passed or how far she run, but she eventually stopped in a forest.

"Sister..."

Her small murmur drowned out in the voices of various insects and animal in the forest. She keep remembering her sister last words and she cried until she fell asleep.

And then she woken up by a voice of a man. She remembered the tragedy unfolded in her village by those slave dealers and she began to tremble at the sight of this man. She covered her mouth and tried to not make any noise but the man found her and she pass out on the spot.

She woke up beside the man she saw and began to panic, but to her surprise the man didn't seem to have any malice toward her at all, on the contrary he seems to be genuinely care about her. He give her food and protect her from the people around who has bad intentions toward her, when she was lost in the forest he searched for her alone and  she felt oddly comfortable when she was with him. She never saw him smile but she know he care about her more than anything else even though they're just strangers.

"Uncle, why are you helping me?"

When she asked that he silent for a moment before answering her.

"Dunno, maybe because I can't leave you alone. Also don't call me uncle, I'm not that old. Call me big brother or something."

Hearing his response she felt the familiar warm and fuzzy feeling in her chest.

And now, her big brother is lying down on a pool of blood not moving.

"Noo!!"

She run approaching his body with tears running down her face.

"Big bro, wake up! I'm begging you wake up! Wake...up...please...."

She keep shaking his body while sobbing.

Esterosa and Liselotte feel pain in their hearts seeing the scene unfolding before them. Enemy or not, this man is clearly the only one the little girl has. But they prioritized the masses and this city before everything else, so they can only supressed the guilt in their hearts.

But all of a sudden the girl's tears became black and not long she fell unconcious.

•••

She's standing in an unfamiliar place. She looking around and it seems she's dreaming about that place again. The scenery almost the same but this time she's standing in front of a man coprse in a dimly lit street. She didn't feel anything seeing the man in front of her only confused. The man is holding something like a food that is slowly melting.

Why he died like this? Is someone kill him? Such thoughts keep circling in her minds. She looked down and found a knife in her hands covered with blood and her body also covered with blood. She immediately threw the knife in panic and suddenly the scenery change.

This time she was standing in a dark place like the depths of the ocean. She looked around but found nothing she could see, so she decided to walk forward carefully. Just as she was about to take the first step a pair of red glowing eyes appeared in the darkness. She trembled and lost the strength in her legs.

The eyes gradually getting closer and closer to her and then she saw it. A humongous scaly face with metallic luster and rows of sharp teeth is staring down at her.

"What's wrong? Why are you scared? It's something you often do isn't it?"

It spoke in a voice that sounded more like a growl.

"N-no it's not me. I-I never did t-that kind of thing, I never kill a person"

She responded with a trembling voice in denial but that's only make It broke into a spine-chiling laughter.

"Hahahahahaha! You say that now? In all the souls I've been attached myself to, you are the most enthusiastic in killing people.  The man in front of you earlier is one of them."

"N-no! I didn't do that!"

"No matter, it's a rare chance for me to come out to the outside world. Well, I probably won't be able to manifest myself completely but who cares."

Saying that, It grip the girl with great force.

Kukuku it's thanks to that man I can restore my power faster albeit a little. Although he's a weakling he emitted a peculiar energy.  It's a good thing to manipulate this girl's feeling so she can feel safe when she's with him. Also intimidating him not to leave this girl is also played a great role.

•••

The first to notice is the two women close to Anna.

Below her suddenly appeared something dark and ominous that make chill down their spines. The darkness expanded rapidly with Anna as the center, swallowing everything in it's path. Esterosa and Liselotte both retreated immediately

Suddenly terror filled the entire city plunging it into chaos.

People pushing down and trampled others without a care in the world, even soldiers started attacking the masses to open a path for their escape. They all fallen into madness because the fear that gripped their hearts.

And the masked man who only observing the fight from afar thus far is drenched in cold sweat. This kind of fear is something he never felt, no, he felt once from his master, the leader of False Night.

At first he was panic when he saw the young man getting stabbed because of his carelessness. But the moment he wanted to rushed to his side something ominous erupted from the girl when she scream, stopping him in his track.

When the darkness expanded to several hundred meters in diameter it stop expanding. Moments later a large hand emerged from the darkness.

Not long the entire body of the myterious being appeared. It heights easily reach more than 30 meters. The entire body is only consisted of black mist but people can still roughly define the shape of it's body. It has glowing red eyes and sharp claws with a long sharp tail.

At that moment an indescribable sense of terror rose within all living being that laid it's gaze upon it. Many ordinary people and small animal also died instantly when they cast their sight upon this being.

"Roooaaaaarrrrr!!!!"

Sorry, I broke my phone, along with my nose, last week so I can't upload a chapter. Also I found this game named Counter:side and there's a character named Esterosa De Chevalier in it, she has the same name with the Knight Commander, her appearance is also a bit identical with how I describe my chara. And then I was like "Wait whaatt!?" I never expect such a coincidence.

9