Chapter 5: Flashback?
665 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter hasn't been edited yet, so I'm really sorry if the words are quite stiff. But hopefully, you'll enjoy this chapter and if there's any mistake or clarification. Please point it out in the comments.

The three trios of women were smiling in contempt as they embraced him which seems to suffocate Daniel. Never would they imagine at the odds of him awakening powers that were related to sex.  

For the most of time, those who awakened sex-related abilities had trouble maintaining themselves, and it's due to their raging hormones. While the process of awakening is relevant to domain genes, sometimes, an unknown effect will occur. One of the examples of this said effect would be horny. 

For example, Selaine and Renia personalities were slightly affected by their awakening abilities whereas Selaine acts coldly towards everyone except for her loved ones. And as for Renia, she's much more cheery at the same time, hers is much more dangerous. 

If her emotions could be flared up easily, then, her hatred and anger is nothing to be scoffed at. If she hates you, it means, she'll hate you for the rest of your life. It's a double-edged sword, but her only love is targeted towards her little brother which she wouldn't let go of. 

On the other hand, the kind of personality that affected Melaria is unknown. Melaria is a mature woman who has experienced countless events, and one of the skills she learned throughout her life is the mastery of emotions.  

If she played her cards right, she could overwhelm anyone with emotions alone. Some underestimate the power of emotions and the perfect scenario is during wars. 

For every soldier, their morales will depend on their commanders, hence, if he or she has the ability to muster courage and bravery, their platoon will be unstoppable like a force breaking through walls. 

Which is why she knew every little aspect of her son like the back of her palms. It's not a lie that Daniel is dancing in her palms because she was the one who fed, taught and care for him. And there's not a lie that could escape from her eyes as everything that he does will be monitored. 

After all, the ones that dared to bully or even hurt his feelings were monitored by her and even ordered the sisters to clean up the mess behind. Well, in the end, the trio of women will do anything for him and they couldn't imagine what would happen if Daniel ever had a girlfriend. 

Perhaps their mind would be driven to insanity. 

The shifts in personality caused by awakening are still considered a mild impact as there's no harm or even danger behind it. Without even knowing, it's hard to identify whether someone is strongly affected by this said effect. Since naturally, each living being were born that way. Hence, instead of labelling it as a shift of personality, researchers prefer to name it as 'Personality Enhancement'

However, after cases of awakeners having abilities related to Sex, they were baffled by the changes they discovered which made them speechless and bewildered. Despite the discovery in Personality Enhancement, they had found a new side effect which is the urge to reproduce. 

 

Due to this, the researchers had a hard time finding the logic behind these effects and it took them years to scientifically prove the cause. In the end, the only plausible reasonable cause is simply the influence of both genes and hormones. 

While the awakening process touches and discovers the abilities hidden within the domain of the genes, the hormones were somehow influenced. Thus, whenever someone awakened sex-related type abilities, their primordial instincts are awakened. 

The instinct to mate and the instinct to spread their children with their hormones raging for more. 

While some awakeners find it pleasant, others suffered consequences. Relationships between couples or even friends were destroyed just because of this instinct. Many underestimated the urge of mating or even the instinct to mate 

However, unknown to Daniel, he has yet to realize what kind of effects would he face, but knowing the Trio Women, they may have come up with something that could prevent his urges while at the same time, taking advantage of it. 

"Did you think we would be embarrassed and disappointed in the abilities you have awakened, sweety?" Melaria squatted at his level while gazing at his eyes with a heartwarming expression. Her smile softens as she placed both of her hands at his cheek as a means of cheering up. 

Daniel nodded vigorously and his cheeks reddened as he was completely embarrassed and uncomfortable with these abilities. 

"Why would you be?" She questioned with a warm tone. 

"B-Because I..." Daniel couldn't find the words to explain. In the first place, he's not sure why he was embarrassed in having these abilities. Of course, the idea of having intercourse with someone he doesn't love is not something he would do, but again, as he pondered it deeply, the merits behind these abilities are the doing of miracles. 

The only reason why he's embarrassed is he never expected it at all, and the other reason is how he had heard of those who awakened sex-related abilities turned out to be useless or even worse, nothing at all except the demise of forever becoming horny unless they use...terminal pills which are not recommended at all. 

To summarize all of the reasons into a single word, that would be 'Disdained'. 

For Daniel who wished to be like his sisters and mother with powers unlike before, the abilities of sex-related are disdained by society especially women who were the victims of these holders. While some awakeners could manage and control their urge, some didn't care about the laws, thus, they committed outrageous crimes. 

Because of these crimes, these awakeners are hated beyond saving to the point, the public request the Empress to impose the law to terminate the abilities of these awakeners. It was a time where cults were formed to hunt these said awakeners, and lives were lost due to hatred and even the reason for awakening sex-related abilities. 

It didn't matter whether it was a woman or man, both genders were not given pity. 

Nevertheless, the Empress couldn't satisfy the request of the public. However, as she realized the consequences of letting these sex offenders rampage, instead, she imposed a law to terminate the abilities of these criminals the moment they either have records of first offence or were caught in the act.

Ever since the publishment of this law, sex-related abilities awakeners had their abilities terminated, and crime rates decreased slowly as time passes by. 

There was no mercy to them, but at the same time, the Empress wish to be lenient and still give way to those awakeners with sex-related abilities, believing that one day, they'll bring benefit to society. Well, at least they could increase the population of Earth since the citizens birth rates are getting low. 

Due to the loss of lives in the invasion at times from the void, the Empress needed somehow to make it up for the loss of population, these awakeners has their moment to shine. Moreover, some awakeners have the ability to increase the rarity of abilities to their descendants which is a dream for some single woman who wishes for the success of their child. 

"Shh...it's okay...Mommy understands why you feel that way, and I'm proud that you have the courage to tell the truth. But know this, we all honestly aren't bothered by the abilities as long as you are happy with yourself. And that's the most important thing" Melaria hugged and embrace his head towards her chest while patting and caressing his hair. 

Daniel is aware of how many times the same sentence had been said to him. While he's conscious of how lovely they are, it's rather hard to remove all of the negativity that he had. It's not easy to sway or even remove all the doubts he had about his abilities and what they may think of it. 

But he eventually realized how fragile he is when it comes to his family. Everything that he did was for making his family proud, and he wouldn't change this, but it indeed has caused his doubts to disappear.  Well, in the end, all he needed was some form of confidence and whatever will happen, he'll just be prepared for it. 

Daniel snuggled within the bosom of his mother as he enjoyed her presence and warmed. But little did he know that behind his mother, the duo sisters were staring bloodshed towards the back of their mother. They were completely jealous of her stealing all the spotlight, and also, how 'big' they were compared to theirs. It appears that Daniel was rather enjoying the 'pillow' without realizing it since his eyes were closed

 

Nonetheless, despite the jealousy, the sisters knew how this moment meant a lot to Daniel and how it would impact him. At the same time, they were incredibly proud as their little brother dared to openly say his type of abilities despite knowing how it's not approved by all public.  

After enjoying his time, Melaria released her grasp on him, only for him to be attacked by the sisters as they take their turns. It was comedic sights watching them fighting for whose turn especially when their personality contradicts each other. While Renia appears to be the craziest, Selaine remained aloof and cool as nothing mattered to her at all with her jugs resting above Daniel's head. 

They fight and bickered to the point Daniel almost fell asleep while Melaria laughed gracefully at their pointless feud. 

"Hmpf, I'll concede this time Selaine, but don't misunderstand! It's not like I'm declaring myself as the loser but because of how tired Daniel is!" She pointed her finger at Daniel who was currently sleeping on Selaine lap. He looked like someone who's having the best time in the world, and that made Renia rage with jealousy. But what can she do aside from admitting loss this time around?

"Yeah Yeah, whatever. It doesn't matter to me whether you lose or even admit to it as all it matter is watching him sleeping above my lap. Watching his sleeping enjoying face is hundreds of times better than listening to your childish remarks" 

It's quite interesting for Selaine to smirk in saying that while maintaining her cold expression. Because of this, it's clear who's the winner. 

"What I-

Before Renia could let out her disagreement with a frantic expression, their mother stepped in since it's rather late to bicker where Daniel has slept already. Continuing this on will serve no purpose at all. 

"Alright girls, that's enough. It's time to wrap up and sleep" She said. 

"But-

"I said that's enough already didn't I? Can't you see that my little boy is sleeping?" Melaria squeezed her eyes and her tone became harsh for a moment. Renia immediately quietened down as she realized her mistake. On the other hand, Selaine laughed inside of her heart while she enjoyed her mood of caressing Daniel's hair. 

"For tonight, Daniel could sleep with one of you as I'll need to meet someone of great importance and it's a matter that has something to do with Daniel. With that, I will leave to both of your care" Melaria explained with frowned eyes. Without explaining further, she summoned teleportation nearby and teleported into another location. 

The sisters were baffled by her sudden disappearance, but they knew what the matter consisted of and why they stared at Daniel with concerns. 

"Hey Selaine, Mom is probably going to talk to 'her' about that right?" Renia showed a concerning expression. 

"Yeah, and I wouldn't to think about especially when it involves our little brother" Selaine kissed his forehead as though it'll be the last time she'll be seeing him. 

In a lavish room where there stood a mature woman with golden hair and eyes, sitting down on a chair while drinking a cup of tea gracefully. If one were to focus their eyes, they would have been charmed and allured by her breathless beauty. It wouldn't be a lie to say that she's the dream of countless men wanting to bed or even claiming her as their wife. 

However, she isn't an average woman that would allow anyone to step into her life. In fact, there's not a single person who doesn't recognize the identity of this woman, and if they did, they would kneel to the ground with both fear and admiration. 

She seemed to be waiting for someone, and aside from her, there's no one else. 

Eventually, a teleportation portal emerged not far away from her, and surprisingly or not, Melaria stepped out from the portal. Without any hesitation, she didn't bother to greet courteously or give some form of respect and she sat down as though there was nothing wrong with what she was doing. 

"Well hello there Melaria. It has been a long time since I last see you. What you have been up to for all this time?" The woman questioned as though trying to open up a conversation. She eyed Melaria as though she knew or were closed with her, and they were like best friends who have finally met after a long time. 

But Melaria next words proved otherwise. 

"Oh please, don't act like we're so close. I'm only here for the sake of discussing some important manner where 'you' were the one who suggested it. If it weren't for the sake of my son, I wouldn't have wasted my time with you...Empress" She glared at the woman with not so friendly gaze. 

Shockingly, the truth has revealed itself upon the mystery identity of this woman. Who wouldn't recognize the Empress, the ruler and representative of Earth? And no one would ever forget her huge role that played a key in bringing Earth to where it is now. Unlike her ancestors, the Empress, Layla Xetex was the most competent leader ever to be founded. 

She was a prodigy of prodigies and her abilities are terrifying than even those National Awakeners where a strike from her could destroy thousands of monsters from the Force of Void. 

Still, it wasn't because of her abilities that made her terrifying. In fact, her name instilled terror in all who remembered the age before she became the Empress. 

For her lineage of families, there were other capable candidates selected for becoming the ruler of Earth. And it wasn't a pleasant environment to grow up in a family that's filled with bloodshed and betrayals. The feeling of betrayal is something she understood better than anyone, and one thing she learned from growing in this torturous family is 'Be careful on who you place your trust in

Without a doubt, she experienced countless moments of being backstabbed. Her brother, sisters, stepbrother, stepsisters and even stepmothers attempted assassination on her despite the fabrication of their so-called love. 

Everything that she believed or loved crumbled down into pieces of glass, and she became despair of life. She questioned why was she born and why was she so weak. At this time, there didn't have any support and her mother died giving birth to her.  

She still clearly recalled how devastated she was and the thought of committing suicide was whispered by the devil in her ear. However, everything changes when a certain someone entered her life.

It was a chance that they met, but the spark of that encounter encouraged her to befriend the person who became solely the reason why she could be the Empress. 

And it was none other than Melaria herself.  

"Sigh, after all this time, you still couldn't be honest with yourself. But, it's not like that mattered at all. You, taking your precious time in meeting me has already proved how much our friendship jas grown. After all, I couldn't imagine a person like you giving up even a second of time with your son and talking about him, I wonder how is he? I kinda miss him" The Empress smiled in a precious memory that happened long ago, and it's another reason why she placed so much importance on her friend and her family.

"Don't act like you're closed with my baby. You only met him a couple of times and that was when he was still 6 years old. I doubt he still remembered you" For some reason, Melaria pouted as jealousy could be seen within her eyes. 

"Hahaha, even a couple of times was enough for him to cry when he didn't wish to leave by my side. ~Ah~ I still recalled how cute he is with his tiny hands, clothes and sandals! Those were literally the best days of my life especially all the times I walked him outside to shop while I carried him in my arms" The Empress smirked while a wave of nostalgia struck her heart. 

Other than Melaria, the word kinship has long disappeared from her heart. In order to restore order from the cruelty of rule and lineage of Xetex, she made a decision that has affected her life and where it could have turned out for worse. 

With her own hands and judgment, she killed and assassinated the lineage of Xetex. It was a bloodshed night, and the news greatly shocked the whole Earth. Countless people were terrified of her actions, and at the same time, she automatically became the ruler of the world. 

But the only pain that could be felt still in today is the scar of memories from the last moment with her Father. As she remembered the pieces of memories with her father at the last moment, a flashback occurred. 

"Why are you hesitating, my dear daughter?" A manly voice echoed in a room so dark that you can't see anything but the lurk of shadow. And behind the man, a familiar face could be seen, and it was the Empress who was a teen beforehand. 

A Flood of tears was running down from her eyes as her hands trembled uncontrollably. Her clothes were stained by the blood of her relatives, but despite the kill, she hesitated to kill her father...the person who she grew up with and the person that supported her to walk when she was still a baby. 

She didn't know why but at some point in time, her father change drastically and the cause was unknown. But at this point, she can't hesitate after discovering the hideous crime his father did, and on top of that, the brutality her family lineage impose on others. 

"Didn't you make this decision? Why hesitate after killing all of the family lineages?" The man said once more without any shred of fear, it's as though he saw it coming. 

"W-Why did you commit those crimes!? Why did you torture our own families, and even myself? Why did you even kidnap children from different species and experiment with them? Why did you do all of these!!?? Do you know mother wouldn't be proud!? Worse of all, why did you permit all lineage in committing hideous acts without the public knowing!?" Layla shouted at the top of her lungs. 

"....." The man became silent for a moment before he gazed at the ceiling above where all memories related to his First Wife. The thought of her being alive was his number one wish, but even he wasn't ignorant enough to realize that Death can't be alive again. Thus, streaks of tears rivered down.

"Why indeed...and of course, your mother wouldn't be proud of what I had done. But...I had to do this...Believed or not Layla, everything that I had done was for the sake of Earth and the evolution of Abilities!" The man exclaimed in sadness. 

"Cut your bullshit! What did you mean by the sake of Earth! Torturing thousands of children, men, women and the Elderlies and you call that for the sake of Earth!? Why don't you just die for the sake of Earth as well!?" 

Layla could no longer withstand the doings of her father, hence, grabbing with a sword appears out of nowhere, she rushed towards her father and stabbed him in the gut. 

"Gugh!?" The man had a shock of pain, but he never screamed since he had already prepared for the outcome. 

Despite stabbing the man, Layla cried with deep sadness and as she gazed at his face, her father smiled in happiness. 

*Breathing Heavily*

"It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not, but what really matters is that I have always loved you. You do know that I loved your mother quite frantically, and I made a promise to her that I would let no harm shall befall you. Which is why I didn't dare let you enter into my world of shrewd, and despite the extreme treatment you received, I thought you needed it because I wanted you to prepare for becoming the...Empress" 

"In the end, I did what I had to do because I wanted to protect you...do what you must to increase your achievements. Use my head if you need to appease other rulers of the world. Above all, a discovery awaits at the bottom of the lab where I have finally found the key to the evolution of Abilities" 

The last action her father did was caress her face before taking his last breath. Witnessing his death, Layla eventually cried out as the bloodshed finally ended. 

Months after that, she began rebuilding the Empire, at the same time, she terminated and massacred all organisations related to kidnappings of other species. Most importantly, she presented her father and her relative's heads to appease the rulers since their people were kidnapped for the sake of experimenting. 

Although the rulers accepted her offer, it took quite some time for to append their relations. 

Nevertheless, to bring the final good and wishes of his father, she accepted the key of the evolution of abilities and presented it to the researchers. From there, just with that 'Key' alone, countless inventions were discovered, and it made her popularity grow. 

To this very day, the one thing Layla couldn't understand is why did her father have to experiment on other species when he could have done less brutality and pain. The concept and creation of the 'Key' aren't complicated, and it only needed 2 important factors.

Other than that, there's no need to be so brutal and violent. She felt like something was disturbing him, and making him feel so rushed. But she couldn't point out what made him feel that way. 

Subsequently, all of these events made her sceptical about the idea of starting a family, and there's no man that has caught her eye. At the same time, the thought of marrying a guy is not something she favoured, however, she wish for a family and a child to care for. 

In the end, little Danny came into her life when her best friend brought him to introduce her to him. Well, what can it be said other than she enjoying her time with him? With Daniel heartwarming love, Layla finally found familial love, and she was treated with lots of care. If she wasn't so busy with her task as an Empress, she'd have visited him every day. 

If a word could describe what Layla is to Daniel, it would be godmother.  If anything happened to Melaria and the sisters, Melaria initiated Layla to take care of Daniel, and she promised her life with it. Although it might not seem like it, the only person Melaria trust to take care of her son would be her best friend. 

Otherwise, she wouldn't in a million chance allowed her clan to take his custody which Layla is aware of what had happened between them. 

"Are you here to make me feel jealous or are you here to discuss about matters related to him? Which one are you going to talk? Melaria glared at the Empress, but Layla ignored it as though she's used to it after thousands of times trying to make her jealous. 

"Alright Alright, I'll talk about it okay?" She gave a mocking smile before revealing the reason behind this meeting. 

14