12. Dual cultivation
261 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“…”
Gu Changshou froze and looked up, brows furrowed. Seeing the slight nod, he finally realized he had not misheard. How would dual cultivation save Xiao Han? They weren’t lovers!

Pausing for a moment, he repeated the conversation in his head, and frowned. No one said anything about him dual cultivating with Xiao Han, only that dual cultivation could save him. Panicked jealousy coursed through him at the thought of some bastard dual cultivating with Xiao Han.

Xiao Han was his.

“…dual cultivation? Are you sure?” He spoke slowly, wanting to clarify and make it absolutely certain he had not misheard.

“Yes, I’m sure.”

Gu Changshou took a deep breath in. So he wasn’t wrong …

“Do you know the essence of dual cultivation?”

“…to cycle one’s qi when…sleeping together?”

“No.” Xu Wenxing snorted at the other perverse meanings and uses of dual cultivation, distorting the true purpose and why it was the best way to cultivate if one had a compatible partner they trusted.

The Taoist sects had come up with the importance of yin and yang being in harmony, and cultivators had taken it and applied the principles when cultivating to great effect. Because of its benefits, the practice had spread far and wide, changing form and losing its original purpose and history. It was never meant as something as crude as ‘sex cultivation’ but rather to find and create balance.

“At its core, dual cultivation is meant to cycle one’s energy into another person, and take in theirs at the same time. When their energy is complementary, it forms a karmic cycle that allows them to circulate qi faster, and because they are moving double the amount of qi, it increases cultivation speed.”

As attractive as dual cultivation sounded for increasing one’s cultivation, even he a nascent soul cultivator was tempted, it wouldn’t solve Xiao Han’s rioting yin qi problem. “What about the yin qi?”

“As long as Xiao Han is willing, what his partner needs to do is release their energy into him and circulate it, guiding the violent yin qi in a controlled fashion back out and circulating between them.”

“But why dual cultivation?”

An elder guiding a junior’s qi was common practice among cultivators for instruction and checking progress. It was the first option he considered, but Xiao Han had too much yin qi to suppress.

“Because during dual cultivation, the pairs’ energies are not separated and can slowly blend together. It’s not so much suppressing yin, as it is being integrated together.”

“So you’re saying… if Xiao Han dual cultivates…” Gu Changshou furrowed his brows, clenching his jaw as he weighed the words. The cabbage he painstakingly watched grow up was going to be eaten by someone else!

But Xiao Han’s life was at stake.

Digging his nails into his fist, he opened his mouth to ask, “So where can we find this bas- no, this… person who is compatible?”

“Isn’t there one in this room?”

There were only 3 people in the room: Xiao Han, Xu Wenxing, and himself. Xiao Han obviously couldn’t do it himself, and Xu Wenxing was from Wuwei Temple, which practiced celibacy. Which left…

“…me?”

Gu Changshou pointed at himself, not quite believing what was happening. Wasn’t yang the exact opposite of yin? How could they complement each other?

“Yes. Your true yang body and yang qi complements Xiao Han’s yin qi the best. Yin qi will harm most cultivators, but you are protected because of your true yang body. In addition, he’s already drank your blood?”

“Yes…”

“Then that’s even better. Not only does your yang energy naturally suppress yin qi, but if as you said, he’s been drinking your blood, his body is already accustomed to your yang qi. There will be less rejection towards your yang energy.”

After some more explanations and discussing the yin-yang dual cultivation technique, Xu Wenxing finally left.

Rubbing his face, Gu Changshou never expected a lecture on the finer points of dual cultivation and how it worked. But if it would save Xiao Han, he was willing to try.

Making sure that Xiao Han was still okay, he sat down and flipped the manual open, reading the introduction. Only when yin and yang come together can they reach true harmony…

After a long time, he finally closed the manual and exhaled a long breath.

Whoever wrote the manual must have been a deviant. There was even a message inside instructing them to do it more often, and even brazenly suggesting joining while they slept for the largest benefit.

Eyeing the candle, he briefly mulled over whether to burn the accursed manual or not, but it was also Xiao Han’s best and only chance.

Never was he more thankful for his true yang body. Before, it meant he cultivated faster than his peers, but also limited the path he could take. Previously he was only aware of one way to cultivate: focusing on developing his physique and yang qi. It was the path he followed till now.

But the manual and Xu Daozhang’s explanation showed another possibility: yin-yang cultivation. Finding someone with sufficient yin qi to his yang qi, and enter into a cycle of harmony through means of dual cultivation. He would still focus on cultivating yang qi by himself, but cycling yin-yang energy worked because they were a reflection of how the world worked – two opposites blending into and becoming stronger as a whole.

And in Xiao Han’s case, it also meant him guiding the yin qi in a natural manner benefiting the rules of the heaven and earth, instead of dominating and forcing it into compliance.

Rubbing his eyes, Gu Changshou sighed again. He expected it to be circulating one’s qi… But who knew it included essence?!

No wonder Xu Wenxing was vague when using the word ‘energy’…

Watching Xiao Han, he palmed the pale cheek, running his thumb over the chilly, pale lips. He was torn between relief that Xiao Han could be saved, and indecision over it. There was also some excitement, he hastily pushed back, at being able to make Xiao Han his. But, did Xiao Han like him enough to dual cultivate with him?

Waving an incense stick under Xiao Han’s nose, he watched the pair of delicate eyelids flutter to reveal a confused pair of purple pupils.

“… Chang-ge?”

“Xiao Han, how do you feel?”

“It hurts…”

It was hard to speak and he didn’t want to whine, but Xiao Han had never felt such pain before. The cold was overwhelming, swimming through his body relentlessly, pushing outwards and chilling him to the bone.

“Don’t worry, I’m here for you.” Pulling out the heaven-grade yang qi pill Xu Wenxing gifted to make dual cultivating smoother, he pushed it between the pair of bluish lips. “Here, eat this. It should help ease the pain a bit.”

The effect was immediate as a faint color reemerged on those colorless cheeks.

“Chang-ge, where are we?”

Eyes darting around worriedly, there was an earthy scent carrying a hint of sweetness that calmed his nervousness at being in a strange room. The last thing Xiao Han recalled was being in excruciating cold pain before passing out.

“We’re at Wenjing Temple. But that’s not important.” They only had about a day before the yin qi began wreaking havoc again. “I found a way to resolve your problem. Except that…”

“Except that, what?”

“…it requires you to dual cultivate…”

“Dual cultivate?”

Fate must be testing him… Gu Changshou opened his mouth silently before closing them again. How was he supposed to explain dual cultivate to someone who had never cultivated, and also lacked commonsense knowledge? Thankfully, the cultivation manual had pictures.

Cheeks burning, he opened the manual and used them to show what he meant.

“Ah, you mean like what animals do each spring?” Xiao Han studied the images with interest. He had seen various animals mating before, but never knew how humans did it. Each spring, when flowers were just breaking out of their buds, he would always see animals pairing off and mating. And then, after a few more weeks, a new baby animal would be hatched.

“…”

Once again, Xiao Han managed to surprise him. Dual cultivating was nothing like mating, even if some of the physical parts were the same. And they were both males, so children were out of the question. But Gu Changshou didn’t dare elaborate on the differences. It was shameful enough using lewd images to express his meaning, but using words to explain it when he also lacked experience…

“…it’s something like that.”

“Then, will there be a baby after a few weeks?” Xiao Han absentmindedly scratched his palm. He was very curious, but also deeply confused. Was dual cultivating how they were formed? But animals didn’t dual cultivate, and neither did normal people…

“…” Gu Changshou nearly choked on those words. Was this the result of not teaching Xiao Han where children came from?

“…no there won’t.”

“So, how does dual cultivating work? There were two people there.” He pointed at the book Gu Changshou had placed on the side.

“En, if you don’t mind, I will be the one… dual cultivating with you.” The words were pulled out from between his teeth. He had no idea how others broached such a sensitive topic. Their situation was unique, but that only made it weirder to discuss.

“Of course, that’s only if you want to do it with me.” He hurriedly added at the end.

“Mating with Chang-ge?”

“Cough, cough, cough…”

Gu Changshou finally couldn’t help but choke on air upon hearing those words. Wiping the tears from his eyes as he regained his wits, he breathed in deeply, not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

Xiao Han’s phrasing was deadly. Hearing an alluring beauty lying in bed, propped in his arms use those words, asking full in a tone full of sincerity… he almost forgot the purpose of asking, or of dual cultivation altogether, and simply wanted to rush forward with it.

It was too difficult to explain the intricacies and differences without explaining cultivation or what sex was, so he finally nodded.

“…yes. It’s like mating…”

Xiao Han had never considered mating with anyone before, but if he had to pick someone, he would pick Chang-ge. He taught and let him experience so many fun and new things, and dual cultivating would surely be one of them.

Glancing at the pictures from the corner of his eye, a faint blush emerged. The thought of feeling their skin touching, and being fully exposed made his heart race. Cheeks flushing pink, Xiao Han lowered his eyes, trying to hide his embarrassment.

“Then… yes…”

“Good. Let’s bathe first.”

Gu Changshou wanted to clean them both before continuing. While Xiao Han’s situation was urgent, this was their first time and he wanted it done correctly. Placing one knees on the bed, he leaned down to collect him in his arms.

Xiao Han put up a futile struggling as he was lifted off the bed, and carried to the bathing room full of steaming hot water in a large tub. Sighing in bliss as the hot water soaked into his bones, he almost forgot where he was when Gu Changshou joined him.

Their interactions when bathing slowly grew heated as they exchanged looks, Xiao Han’s guileless ones staring into ones darkening with anticipation. Whether it was from the hot water, shyness, or desire, Gu Changshou watched as Xiao Han’s face took on a faint glow. He wanted to pull him onto his lap, and devour him right there, but a tub was not the right place for their first time.

Holding back his desire, he waited until they were back on the bed. Large eyes framed with long lashes, half-closed, and looked up at him trustingly.

With one leg between Xiao Han’s thighs, he leaned down for his first taste. There was lingering sweetness of a medicinal pill as their mouths tangled. Hands and lips running over the delicate, porcelain-like skin – it was easy crave the youth in his embrace.

Who could resist such an innocent, slender beauty? Women would be jealous for having smooth, supple and pale skin, and delicate features. But Xiao Han was not feminine. He was slim and lean, from years of running up and down the mountain. The misty eyes, pale skin, and lean muscles evoked endless desire…

Heavy sighs and breathless noises grew as their bodies entwined, heating feverishly. One hot, one cold, mingling together. For once, Gu Changshou was glad for Lin Zijun sharing all his nonsense experience and tips as he patiently prepared Xiao Han for what was to come. He wanted him to desire him as much as he wanted him.

When he felt Xiao Han was ready judging from the small breathless sighs, he lifted his head once more. “Tell me if it hurts.”

“…en.”

Xiao Han couldn’t think at all. His mind was dizzy, overwhelmed from the heated touches, the masculine scent of Gu Changshou, and everything else. His limbs had no strength, yet his body hummed with agitation and restlessness.

Words failed him as his mind continued to spiral out of control. Small desperate noises escaping from his throat when they finally joined.

“Chang-ge, feels weird…”

Squirming, he tried to escape the burning sensation inside, unable to think from the unyielding, yet pleasurable heat. The rioting qi inside, being trapped inside Gu Changshou’s arms, and that thing inside… Reaching out with his hands, he wrapped them around the pair of broad shoulders, trying to anchor himself.

“Weird? Chang-gege will make you feel good soon.”

Hastening his movements, half-indulging and half-seriously, it was near impossible to stop when he finished the first half – releasing his essence.

Suppressing his burgeoning desire to continue, he closed his eyes and turned his thoughts inwards. Controlling a small portion of qi, Gu Changshou wove it around his essence, guiding it through the place they were connected and into Xiao Han, watching carefully for any potential backlash as he cycled it, feeling resistance as it slowly integrated with the chaotic qi.

At its core, yin-yang cultivation relied on him to guide yin energy in Xiao Han’s body to circulate with his yang qi while they were joined.

Carefully repeating the action, it became easier to navigate and control the second time around. The resistance from the rampaging yin qi was still there as he moved it in a deliberate pattern, but unlike the painfully, sharp jagged edges from before, it was a fraction smoother and gentler as he moved it through in Xiao Han’s meridians, before bringing back into his body to complete one cycle.

He didn’t know how many times he repeated the action, only partially pay attention as Xiao Han began mimicking his actions, sending tendrils of qi his way, and integrating with his energy.

After countless more cycles and his essence was fully absorbed, Gu Changshou finally stopped. Lifting his head up, he thought he would be exhausted, but his mind was more refreshed and his body buzzed with energy.

Smoothing a palm against Xiao Han’s sweat-beaded forehead, he smiled gently, holding his other desires at bay. “How do you feel? Is it better?”

“Don’t know…”

Xiao Han blinked, muddled from the overwhelming sensations, as he tried to regain his senses. It was a tangle of both hot and cold. He was sweaty and feverish from exertion, but also warm inside from cultivating. The ever-present chill of yin qi in him had dulled, and there was a faint, familiar warmth in his core spreading outwards.

“You don’t know? Why don’t we try again to make sure?”

Gu Changshou pressed his mouth down, tongue slipping between reddened lips, claiming and devouring. Xiao Han’s mouth, once cool because of the yin qi, was feverishly hot and sweet…

7