Chapter 5: 15 years later…
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     Baby dixon over time grew bigger, taller and smarter with the help of the tribe. However what the tribe was unaware of, was that he was blind. Due to his blindness he had a hard time growing up. Tripping on things in his way, nearly burning himself in the tribes firepit several times, even learning to do necessary work was hard for him. 

     However as time passed, the masked thing helped him work through his issues. The masked thing taught him the ways of magic and quarma, the ways of his people, his history, culture, and the ancient language that his people spoke eons ago.

     After years of constant training, he was finally able to gain some semblance of control over his powers. The masked thing taught him of his tribesman, and how to use his power to get around without hurting himself and others. He told Dixon of his role as the tribes shaman and let him feel the mask on his face.

     "Dixon, when you are ready, you will be wearing this. I am getting too old to move like I used to and when the time comes, you will have to take my place". Dixon only nodded, since his power is focused a lot on his vocal cords, simply speaking could change the environment.

     With that conversation out of the way, Dixon left the tent and followed the feeling that he always had. The sense of where he should go, the sense of the best path he can take. He soon found himself at his caretakers tent and entered. "AH dixon, just in time! I have a gift for you!" The caretaker said. "This is a new tool that we have been making just for you!" As he said this, he pulled out a stick with an orb at one end of it. 

     "I know you can't see it, but this staff with the work of your tribesman and the shaman has been imbued with the power to focus magic and quarma. With some training, you will be able to focus your guiding ability and your high quarma to be able to discover the subtle things hidden in the world" 

     "Walls blocking your path, monsters nearby, those nasty glukkons hunting us, anything in your way with some thinking and the focusing of your powers, you will be able to survive as if you were a regular mudokon like your fellow tribesman If not better!"

     "You must work even harder now that you have reached the shifting age. The day has come to take the right of passage! You must now choose a profession!" We must go to the shaman when the moon is highest, and you will consult the almighty raisin for your options."

     After several hours of preparation and continuous training with his new staff, Dixon goes with his caretaker to the shamans tent. Using the staff, he has a far clearer feel for his destination and arrives in front of the tent. "I cannot go with you, for it is you alone tonight who can seek the shamans wisdom. He awaits you inside."

     With a shove, Dixon goes into the tent. What he senses astonishes him. The shaman sits between to constructs, both flowing with unnaturally powerful energy. The room smells of insense and a fire glows warm inside.

     "Come young whelp, your day of ascension has come. You will now be made a full member of mudokon society, and so you must now take the path of...... oh F*ck it, I am tired of being so cryptic. Sit the hell down and start chanting. You will know what to do next."

     The shaman got frustrated and had Dixon get to it. Sitting down and beginning the chant, Dixon whispers a tune of ascension, the very same tune he heard the shaman sing for the Almighty raisin at his naming ceremony. With some whistles and a few toots mixed in, he began to hear the wind whistle to him.

     "Young whelp the time has come! This is your ascension into the tribe, your ascension into adulthood and your ascension towards your chosen job. This is the list of jobs that you may take, based off of your life so far"

0