Chapter 3: Tough Battle
15 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reka, Kate and Braud all rush towards Beta trying to get some attacks in, but he managed to block them all and pulled his green pistol with his right hand and pulled the trigger. An energy blast came out that caused a small explosion sending them back for a few meters, but they regained posture by putting their weapons into the ground.

"Ugh he is a real problem!" Kate shouted.

"An energy weapon, how did you even get one?!" Braud asked the man.

"Atlas underground weapon market of course." Beta answered.

"Do we need to beat him somehow with any suggestions?" Reka asked.

Beta proceeded to shoot more energy blasts.

They were all dodging them.

"Pfft I am not going to give you time to talk, just die. Make my life easier." Beta said annoyed while still shooting.

"Just let's split up! He can't shoot at all of us." Braud suggested.

The other 2 heard it and went different directions. Reka took the left side, Kate the left and Braud the right.

"Oh?"

Beta shot more energy blasts which they dodged and when Braud came close ready to attack, Beta's sword changed into a shield and blocked his fury of sword swings and used his shield to bash him on the ground, where Kate immediately came rushing with a straight stab which almost hit him. He countered with his pistol and sent Kate flying against a tree, at last Reka tried to get a few hits on Beta as well, but he easily dodged them and shot another blast hitting Reka.

"ARGH!"

"REKA!" Both Braud and Kate screamed as they stood up and ran over him.

Braud and Kate were fine because their aura protected them, but since Reka doesn't have aura he took the full hit.

"Reka can you stand!" Braud asked.

"Ugh this hurts pretty bad." Reka said while slowly standing with the help of Braud and Kate.

"You.. Moron!" Kate shouted while she ripped off a bit of cloth from her outfit and wrapped it around his right hand.

She took out her shotgun and fired multiple bursts of rounds at Beta, but blocked them all with the shield. Braud joined Kate by firing his pistol but the extra damage had no effect on the shield. Beta started to talk.

"I never understood why people always combined their weapons! They give it names and cherish it as if it was their child! The only thing a weapon needs to do is be sturdy and exterminate your enemies! Having a sword and a gun separate is always the better option don't you agree!" Beta ranted.

"Shut up!" Kate replied.

As in the distance a few voices could be heard.

"Beta move!" A female voice shouted.

They're here! Beta thought as he moved away.

A large energy blast 3 times the size came at their way.

No I got to stop this!

Reka ran to the blast and with his scythe he managed to slice through it, creating an explosion to the left and right side of him.

"How is that even possible?" Beta asked, surprised.

Wait, my weapon can cut through those blasts with ease!

A woman with black hair, eyes and a tan skin, a man with short straight white hair and bronze eyes with the same grey outfit and lastly another woman short blond hair with beige eyes, all of them wearing the same grey outfit arrived and were now standing next to Beta.

Braud observed them. The woman with the black hair had a small cannon in her hand and all of them have the same sword as Beta.

"Guys, I think we are in trouble!" Braud warned.

"It seems so." Kate replied with a worried expression on her face.

"Don't worry I can take those energy blasts with my weapon!" Reka tried to reassure.

"Carlie, Dally and Edina glad you came." Beta said.

"Pfft you are having trouble with a bunch of children." Carlie said.

She pressed a button on her cannon and it split in 3 pistols and threw 2 of them over to Dally and Edina.

"Listen up Beta, my comrade lets finish this up quick!" Dally spoke.

"Yeah we need to take on that Grimm in order to get the power." Edina added.

"Okay how about you stop yapping and fight!" Beta replied back.

"Darn it!" Braud cursed.

"Ready yourselves!" Kate shouted.

Beta looked at the rest of the team and gave a wink.

All of them start shooting energy blasts at them while moving.

Reka, Braud and Kate tried to dodge, but there were way too many blasts and got caught up in the explosion. Everyone was sent flying and stood up again. Beta and his team switched to their swords. Reka tried a few hits against Charlie, but she changed her sword into a shield and blocked everything, where Dally came with his sword and stabbed Reka in his right hand.

Reka screamed in pain as blood came out of his hand.

Kate tried to shoot Dally, but Edina swung her shotgun out of her hand with her sword and gave her a kick in the stomach, then Beta rushed over to Braud where they entered in a sword-fight. Braud did a 3 swing combo, but Beta dodged where Braud pulled out his pistol and shot him multiple times. It seemed Beta's aura took it all.

"What?!" Braud exclaimed.

Now Carlie and Edina teamed up against Braud. He tried to block all of their swings but there were simply too many and got a slice from Edina, luckily Braud's Aura covered up the damage, where then Carlie kicked him to the ground.

"Braud!" Kate shouted.

I need to check Reka's wound first!

Kate went over to Reka. She ripped off a bit of cloth from her outfit and wrapped it around his right hand.

"There!" Kate said as she ran back over to Braud who stood up again.

"Can you people just not realise that we are simply stronger! Why don't you just give up?!" Beta said, annoyed.

"Because you people hurt the ones we care about!" Kate answered.

"Exactly we can not stop until justice is served!" Braud added.

Reka was behind them and he had a painful expression on his face.

Why can't I be of any help?! I am just so weak that I can't do anything. I don't possess aura, I don't have a semblance and I can't even fight that well. If only there was something I could do!

Reka suddenly remembered something.

"Listen I found the hideout of the special Grimm."

Great now I can finally attempt to take the power which is still mostly unknown to the world! I will be heading there soon, make sure to send me the coordinates."

That cave entrance holds a special Grimm if I could get a hold of that power I might be able to beat these huntsmen!

"GUYS!" Reka screamed at his friends.

"What is it?" Braud said.

"I'm sorry that I am so useless and only hold you down. But I got a plan! Remember what they said about that Grimm?" Reka replied.

"Wait, Reka, are you going in there? We have no idea how strong it is!" Kate responded.

"Listen guys I need you to trust me! Please hold out for a while!" Reka begged.

"Ha! Go ahead boy we won't stop you." Dally said with a smile on his face.

"Well, one less to take care off." Edina added.

"You know what! Reka go! I hold them off!" Braud said, giving his approval.

"Braud!" Kate shouted at him.

"Thank you please don't die on me!"

With that said Reka ran into the cave entrance.

"Kate please go with Reka!" Braud proposed.

"No, there is no way you can take these people alone!" Kate replied.

"Don't worry, we will give him a slow death!" Beta shouted.

Beta and his team ran towards Braud as he started to run at them as well. Braud pulled out his pistol and tried to shoot at all 4 of them, but they held out their shields; they all split up, so it was hard for him to hit them. When the enemy came close enough, Braud pulled out his sword and tried to combat all 4 of them, but nonetheless they easily overpowered him.

Beta and his team changed their shields back into swords and put them away, where they then started beating Braud like a punching bag. Braud's aura took the first 4 hits, but after that he started to get directly hurt.

Kate was frozen for some reason and could not move.

"Braud!" She exclaimed.

Darn it, it's just like back then when I couldn't do anything and saw you get beat up, but I at that time I was weak, now it's a different story! Why am I trembling? Why am I not moving? Body move! Come on! I couldn't protect you in the past, so time to set things right! THIS TIME I WILL SAVE YOU!

"Stay away from Braud you idiots!" Kate shouted while pulling her sword.

Kate ran up close and did a full 180 swing, Beta and the others backed off and pulled out their pistols.

"Don't come closer!" Kate shouted at the group.

"We are not planning to." Beta said signalling the rest to give the rest of their pistols.

"Kate move away please! I beg you!" Braud said with a desperate tone.

"SHUT UP BRAUD! THIS TIME I WILL PROTECT YOU EVEN IF I DIE!" Kate screamed as she held out her right hand.

Meanwhile the Beta got all the pistols and put them together in order to turn into a small green cannon. He charged up a large energy ball and shot it at Kate and Braud and a big explosion followed.

"Now this should take care of it." Beta said.

"So now what?" Dally asked the group.

"We wait for Alpha I guess." Carlie answered.

Everything seemed to go to Beta and his team's favour, but after the smoke went away Kate and Braud were still there with a black transparent barrier around them.

"What are we still alive?" Braud asked, surprised.

Kate opened her eyes and looked at the barrier in front of her.

"Did I do this?" She asked Braud.

"YES, YES YOU DID! KATE YOU HAVE GAINED A SEMBLANCE!" Braud screamed while he was still looking at the barrier with happiness.

"Wait how?!" Beta shouted.

"And she didn't even have a semblance! We should have just quickly got rid of them." Dally added.

"Beta try to shoot the cannon again!" Edina proposed.

"That's no use, they blocked the first time and they will do it again. All we can do is wait till she gets tired, the barrier deactivated so that we can attack." Beta explained the plan.

"Sounds good by me." Charlie agreed.

Dally and Edina nodded.

Braud and Kate were still inside the barrier.

"Hold on Kate I will check your aura level."

Braud pulled out his scroll and went over to the aura checking app.

"Kate, your aura is rapidly depleting, we need to come up with a plan, before we become toast." Braud said.

"Do you have something in mind?" Kate asked.

"Let me think of something, but first let me stand up real quick." Braud replied.

Braud tried to stand up, but a sudden pain appeared and he fell again, the weird thing was that his head went through the barrier.

"Uhhh what the hack?" Braud said while being confused.

"Shoot them!" Edina exclaimed.

"Oh no." Braud said, moving his head quickly inside.

Beta shot again with the cannon.

The barrier was still active.

"Darn it!" Beta cursed.

"Braud what just happened?" Kate questioned.

"Hahahaha! Listen I got a plan. It seems that people can get out of the barrier but nothing can come in!"

Braud walked over to Kate and whispered in her ear.

"Okay we will run around and I will shoot at the trees."

"Why?" Kate softy replied.

"Remember the juice from the trees attracts Grimm. We can use that diversion and escape into the cave."

"Sounds like a plan." Kate agreed.

"Okay let's proceed to the plan." Braud said putting his scroll back in his pocket.

With that said Braud and Kate start to move towards the trees.

"What are they doing? Wait!" Edina realised.

Braud pulled out his pistol and went with his hand through the barrier and shot as many trees possible.

"The idiots! Team what now! Grimm will be attracted!" Beta worried.

Braud and Kate already start to run towards the cave entrance.

"We can't let them escape in there!" Dally shouted.

"But the cannon doesn't work on the barrier!" Edina replied to Dally.

"Stop talking and start running!" Charlie ordered.

Beta and his team start to make a run for the cave entrance too, too bad Braud and Kate were already ahead of them.

"I just realized something!" Charlie said while running.

"What?!" Beta asked.

"It's been several hours since the facility got attacked by large time now, the Grimm must have taken care of them, meaning that they spread out towards the forest again." Charlie explained.

"Wait that means!" Edina said.

"That the hord of Grimm will be massive!" Dally added.

Braud and Kate were now close at the entrance and entered it.

Kate ran out of aura meaning that her barrier disabled.

"Quick, we have to do something! We can't let them come in here too!" Braud said.

"Braud look Dust crystals all around us!" Kate mentioned.

In the cave were all kinds of crystals of different colours and sizes. Lighting up the cave entirely.

They could hear the screams of the huntsmen come closer. Braud looked above at the edge of the cave entrance, where he saw a blue dust crystal close to it.

"Okay I have something in mind, I can shoot the crystal making it explode and close the entrance." Braud proposed.

"But how do we get out?" Kate questioned.

"Well, we will see that later maybe Reka has a plan for that." Braud answered.

The voices could now be heard even closer.

Braud didn't hesitate anymore and shot the blue dust crystal. The explosion caused the Boulders to fall down, closing the entrance. Beta and his team didn't make it in time.

"Noooo!!!" Beta shouted.

"We gotta get out of here quick befor...." Dally didn't finish his sentence.

A massive Grimm horde consistent out of Boarbatusks, Ursa, Beowulf and Creeps.

"Darn we have to fight now!" Charlie exclaimed.

All of them went against the horde.

Charlie sliced through multiple Grimm before getting overpowered by a large group of Ursa.

Edina screamed for Beta to return their pistols, but he didn't do it.

"Traitor!" She said while blocking a headbutt attack from a Creep.

Suddenly a lot smaller Nevermore arrived at the scene.

"Crap more incoming!" Dally shouted.

The Nevermore shot projectiles at the rest of the group Dally got caught into feather rain as multiple feathers pierced his body.

"Dally!" Edina called.

"He is dead Edina!" Beta said.

Beta shot his cannon and took out a large group of Grimm and started to run away leaving Edina behind.

"BETA!!" Edina screamed with anger.

The sky got even darker, now fully being nighttime.

"Hahaha never trust mercenaries! No one has friends in this business!" Beta said as he ran away.

Edina was not able to escape from the massive amounts of Grimm as she was slashed to death by a group of beowolfs.

The rest of the Grimm were now chasing Beta.

"Ah Crap! I got to get into the commercial district fast!" Beta exclaimed.

As Beta ran he looked into the sky and saw a different type of Grimm flying in the sky.

"A Griffon!"

The bird-lion paid him no mind and went straight for Beacon Academy.

Meanwhile Braud and Kate were sitting down against the cave wall.

"Should we help Reka now?" Kate asked.

"Reka went in alone just as he trusted us to make it out alive, we should trust him in getting that power." Braud replied.

"But we can't let him die like that, you know how those huntsmen reacted." Kate reminded him.

"I know, but I know Reka can do it plus his weapon seems to be really strong. Let's take a 10 minute break before we will catch up with him. Sounds good?" Braud asked for confirmation.

Kate sighed.

"Okay.... fine we need some rest anyways."

Reka please be okay, we will be there soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah this chapter was action packed! Reka getting hurt Kate finally getting her semblance! Beta leaving his comrades behind in order to escape himself!

What will the next chapter bring?! 

I hope you all enjoyed it.

Tell me how you found in the comments!

Stay tuned for the next chapter!


1