Chapter 3: Cafe Date and Her Circumstances
776 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The sun is settling. I can feel the cool breeze touching my face giving me a cold but comfortable sensation. I love cold weather personally so this is pleasant for me.
 
The cool breeze is giving me a kind of nostalgic feeling like having a night walk at the beach. It is a gentle and tranquil feeling anyone would love.
 
We're heading to a cafe 15 minutes away from our high school.
 
I should be grateful to have an opportunity to walk beside a beauty like Marika-san but it just feels normal. I wonder what's with me.
 
She's stealing glances at me and when I turn to face her she will hastily avert her eyes. What's with you? If you have something to say then say it geez!.
 
So I decided to start the conversation.
 
"That -kun earlier was inappropriate. "I said.
 
She stared at me with a curious look that turned into a teasing smile.
 
Are you going to make fun of me now? Maybe I shouldn't have brought it out.
 
"Ara~ you disliked it Asamura-kun?" She said while making a teasing smile.
 
Don't think I'll fall for that.
 
"No, not really. " I retorted and "I just don't want them to think we're close enough for you to call me like that," I added.
 
I answered in a cool and calm manner.
 
Then she glared at me with a pout looking upset.
 
"You can drop the cool act you know and act all flustered tch, you're no fun," she argued still looking with displeasure.
 
Just how unfair could you be Marika-sama?
 
Sorry to say but I'm not the type of person to get all flustered from such honorific being added to my last name.
 
While having this simple conversation we reached the cafe.
 
From the outside, the cafe looks classy with transparent glass windows and white painted walls. Moreover, it looks like a cafe that rich people would go to.
 
Pushing the transparent double-sided glass door. The inside looks even more fascinating. A wide place with seats far apart to separate customers for them to get a safe feeling of privacy.
 
The staff is wearing a formal cafe uniform that giving off refinement and charm. A good and relaxing ambiance all around.
 
This cafe is high class, I wouldn't be surprised to know if their menu is hella expensive.
 
While all these thoughts are running inside my head a female staff approach and guided us to a vacant seat.
 
I pulled out the chair with a soft and thin cushion and asked Marika to take her seat as gentlemanly as I could.
 
"Thank you Asamura-kun." She said with her face in awe.
 
Then I took my seat and the female staff from earlier approach us again with the menu in her hand then she handed it over to us.
 
As expected the prices are too high for a normal high school student to afford. Looks like Marika noticed it too and said.
 
"Oh don't worry it's my treat you can order anything you want." She spoke up with confidence.
 
As expected of an honor student like her she's very collective. But I at the least can pay my share but it would be a shame since she offered it so I'll accept her kindness.
 
"Many thanks,"  I replied.
 
I ordered a coffee and a mocha shortcake. She ordered black tea and pudding. She loves pudding huh. This will be the second time I'll be able to see her enjoy her pudding.
 
The coffee is good, it tastes some of the high-quality blends and the mocha shortcake perfectly suits my taste. It's delicious with a perfect balance of sweetness and mocha flavor.
 
I should go back here again one day.
 
Marika is showing an angelic face whenever she puts a spoonful of pudding in her mouth, she's undoubtedly enjoying it along with her black tea.
 
She looks like a masterpiece you could stare at forever, I'm enjoying a luxurious view for myself.
 
I should thank God before I sleep later for this. Then we finished eating first. We truly enjoyed our meal.
 
"That was delicious. Their high price fits their food," she said with a satisfied face.
 
"Yea, I couldn't agree more. Thanks for inviting me here, I should go back here soon." I replied.
 
"Ara~ With who though Asamura-kun?" she asked in a teasing voice with her left hand in her mouth.
 
She really must love messing with me this rich girl. All I could do is show a forced smile.
 
I wonder what would happen if this will continue.
 
Following this, she went back to her serious mode and started talking. This is where it begins.
 
"You must be wondering why all of a sudden I'd invite you to lunch and an after-school date at a cafe now. And most important was my favor for you to become my boyfriend," she said.
 
Exactly what I wanna know from the start.
 
Nobody in this world has such luck to just get a rich beautiful girl inviting him to eat lunch together, asked to be her boyfriend, and a cafe date after-school.
 
If someone has that luck he would be looked at as a strange person with something to hold against that certain rich beautiful girl and do his bidding.
 
Perfect description for blackmail. And I'm not that kind of lucky person or someone with blackmail material. So I'm dying to know her true motive and intention.
 
I'll figure this out no matter what.
 
"So why out of nowhere you would put me in those kinds of situations?" I replied in a serious tone. I'm not holding back now.
 
"First of all, we are familiar with each other and our family is somehow connected. That's why I can act like this. I'm confident you're not a bad person. I feel assured." she said.
 
"Still, it would be wrong to trust me that fast. We barely know each other." I replied.
 
What I said was correct. Our family used to meet for business purposes personally while bringing us and putting their kids at the same table for them to know each other but we barely talk that time.
 
"Your sister did the talking Asamura-kun," she said while winking at me with her left eye.
 
"Wha-! what did my big sis tell you? Just when?!" I exclaimed.
 
Just when did they get to know each other? What did they talk about me? What the hell is happening?! 
 
We hardly talk at home so I know that even my big sister wouldn't be able to get that much info about me. I even thought that she isn't that interested in me.
 
Yet this rich beautiful girl in front of me is saying she knew a lot about me?! I can only sigh in defeat.
 
Well, I'm thankful that she trusts me but having my stuff leaked to her is entirely another matter. I'll ask my big sister when I get home.
 
"Don't make such a hilarious Asamura-kun, it's funny" she continued teasing me while giggling.
 
Could you please stop I'm dying right now. This is too embarrassing, I wonder what kind of stuff my big sis told her. 
 
"You are aware that I'm the only child in my family right? So my father is planning to get me into an arranged marriage as quickly as possible." She continued.
 
That's a fact that the Marika family only has Marika Kurisu as a child.
 
A few months back, I accidentally heard my parents talking about Kurisu's mother's inability to give birth again. That was back in middle high. But Marika Kurisu excelled in her studies might be able to run their family business. And so I was thinking she said.
 
"You might be thinking that I was the only child would have no choice but to run the family business but you're mistaken. In the family lineage, a woman has never had the luck to run the family business, a boy should run the family business and that became a tradition." she said frankly with a monotonous voice and dull eyes.
 
"I see, now I understand. You have no choice but to get into a possible arranged marriage and wish to born a son as soon as possible." I could feel her dying inside and genuinely sick of her situation.
 
What a harsh reality for her. Despite her talent and outstanding looks. Who would have thought she'll end up in such a tragic fate.
 
For a high school student that is too much to bear. Her freedom was stolen from her at such a young age.
 
As a man with principles, I couldn't possibly agree with this kind of tradition. It can go to hell for all I care.
 
With the condition of her mother, Marika Kurisu was burdened with such a heavy and unfair role made by adults. They say adults were never fair but involving their kids with it is being irresponsible and failure as a parent.
 
They stripped her of the chance to love someone and marry out of her own volition. At this state, all I could say is Marika Kurisu's condition might get even worse.
 
She didn't mention her mom's condition, she wanna keep it private.
 
 
"Also my mom doesn't support my father's idea. Mom was married to my dad out of an arranged marriage and mom wants me to have the freedom to get married to someone I love. But my father wouldn't just agree to mom." she said in a monotonous voice.
 
"Your mom doesn't want you to go through the same thing huh."  I affirmed in a calm voice.
 
She gave a nod.
 
I couldn't afford to lose my cool now since I'm feeling the pain she has been enduring for too long. Get a hold of yourself Asamura Aki.
 
I guess her mom is her only ally from her family, however, her mom wouldn't be able to do much since she's a part of the family too.
 
No matter how hard she protests against her daughter's arranged marriage, their tradition would still be prioritized.
 
Her mom's resistance was futile.
 
"That's why I want you to become my fake boyfriend Asamura-kun, my father knows you, and my mother could somehow persuade my father to put a stop to arrange a marriage plan for me." Then she suddenly put a smile on her face.
 
"You think that your father will acknowledge our relationship?" I asked.
 
"Yes if it's you, I honestly think it will work out somehow. " She replied.
 
I'm now beginning to think it's a plausible idea.
 
"Asamura-kun if you'll accept my offer, you'll the chance to date a beauty like me and I get to keep your secrets too." she said while showing a forced smile.
 
From this, I could feel that she's guilty of herself for coming up on this idea of dating me. She hates herself for this too.
 
Hence, I'm being squashed in this situation what are you going to do Asamura Aki?. 
25