Chapter 14: Everyone’s trying their hardest to reach someone.
496 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being defined as a sleeping beauty just made me lost in thought and confusion. Never wanted such a title and yet no way I couldn't just tell them to forget it. It doesn't really matter to me but it's kinda embarrassing.

Looking at Takanashi Rui she has a sedate face listening to lectures. A studious student that listed 2nd to Kurisu at the entrance exam.  That must have been disappointing but they have ability differences I haven't seen.

Before this weekend we're gonna have a major end-of-term exam. Everyone's not losing a chance to study including me. 

The library was full yesterday when I visited but I'm planning to go there today after class. Even if I won't get a seat I can borrow some reference books which would be a great help to me.

Classes ended and Kurisu decided to go home. His father started giving her lessons and stuff to learn for the company and she needs to study. Not having time to spare we separated.

I headed to the library and a small table at the furthest left side was unoccupied. I took it and put down books and notes I'll be studying. All I need is to review some lessons and study the expected questions that will be in the exams. I don't strive for the highest scores but just simply pass them. 

Minutes passed, noticing someone's presence approaching me. I took a glance.

"Can I sit here too Asamura?" 

Takanashi Rui with her bag and two books she's holding. She's asking to study with me. I think she followed me all the way here. Not being too rude to refuse her I nod.

"What subject are you studying Asamura?" 

"Modern Japanese and Math." 

"Are you bad at those subjects?" 

"Modern Japanese yeah but for Math, I'm just reviewing expected questions for the exam." 

"Eh? Hmm, how about we share notes for math? It would be nice since I lost some points last exam." 

Oh, didn't expect that from her. She doesn't look to be that bad at math. 

"How did that happen? You're second to the top of the entrance exam right?" 

"That's exactly why I'm 2nd to the top." She grinned. 

I see. I doubt I would be of help to her but better try. Not like I'll lose anything.

Showing her my notes for expected questions for math. She's speechless and after a brief moment, she spoke.

"This is... so oddly specific. How did u write this?" 

"I just put everything based on our math teacher's personality and teaching pattern. Is it that strange? That's how I've been studying all along."

"No, it's not weird. You're amazing Asamura. Can I take a look at this? There are pointers I never consider to be in the exam."

"Yeah, sure. Take your time." 

She looks enthusiastic reading it. I turned back to reviewing my notes. 

"Asamura why you aren't on top with this?"

"I don't think I'm that good at studying though. And just passing with me is fine." 

"Heh, I see you're that type huh. We're completely the opposite. I'm the studious type. I completely lost track of everything." 

I have that impression of her too. She has three close friends around her all the time. She doesn't interact that much with other classmates either. Although she's being flirty with me. She's not holding back this morning at all.

An hour and a half passed and when she suddenly-

"I'll give you my notes too as an exchange. I just need to do something urgently." 

Standing up, waving her hand she walked away. Seeing a shadow of her back she's gone.

I stayed for another half an hour and decided to leave. I don't wanna push myself studying since I'm only aiming to pass it. I left the library and walked through the hallway. 

The sun is about to set, flashing yellowish light passing through trees and buildings. Making picturesque scenery.

As I'm walking I saw a silhouette of two people standing on the school grounds. I got curious and walked closer to get a clear look at them and I noticed that one of them is someone very familiar, red short-haired classmate, Takanashi Rui, and a guy. 

They were talking though I couldn't hear I'm just watching from afar.

Shortly, the guy handed a letter to her and bowed. It's a confession. I expected this but I was dumb to think it would be something other than that. I feel like being a stalker doing this.

Took a brief moment, then Rui swirled her head and bowed. Did she reject him? The guy put his hand down holding the letter. He's speaking and looks like asking a question and Rui showing a bitter smile. 

It didn't end well, never heard of Rui getting confessions like this too. She's courteous enough to face them and for rejection. She confessed to me, it wouldn't make sense if she ever gives them a yes. Otherwise, that was intentional.

The guy walked away and left Rui. That will take a toll on that guy if he doesn't know how to face rejection. 

When you confess you should be ready to face the consequences. There are consequences either you got a yes or got rejected but rejection has all the filthy emotions that will eat you. Doesn't sound good but that's another part to grow up.

Rui walked in my direction. She looks exhausted, I wonder how many guys confessed to her before him. As she's getting closer I tried to retreat but it looks like she noticed me.

"It's bad to stalk for someone's confession you know." Behind me, she spoke.

"I was passing through this hallway and saw you. Curiosity won over me my bad." 

Explaining myself I wonder if she will accept it.

"Are you perhaps worried I will accept his confession? Despite me confessing to you." 

"Eh? No, not really."

No way I'd get jealous of that. 

"Ah, I see. You could be all cute and jealous, well knowing my true feelings I don't think you doubt me didn't you?" 

I'm not even aware of your feelings for me till the pool last week. I barely know you to judge.

"I never did. But are you getting those confessions often?" 

"Hmm, now that you asked. That's the 10th time I've been confessed to. Honestly, it's getting annoying. Haaah..." 

"You rejected all of them? That's an amazing number." 

"I told you right? I don't feel anything for them. Not even a spark." 

She seems to have a hard time dealing with them, getting tired of being called out of nowhere, and given a letter. She's the studious type so she doesn't have time for such a thing. She told me I was someone she could just watch from afar yet Kurisu made her think otherwise. 

Takanashi Rui with reddish short-haired, a small cute face that everyone's been fascinated with. Showing a cute pout made her look like a cute small animal got stolen from her toy. 

With average height and chest size, she's perfect on her own. Someone you would want to protect and guys who confessed to her must have been captivated by that. 

"And for you Asamura, I doubt the girls would dare confess to you." 

"Why do you think so?" 

"Isn't that obvious? Because of Marika-san. Nobody stands a chance against her beauty. Everyone in the class is painfully aware of that and they're content with just watching you maintain a distance but I'm different." 

She suddenly held my hands and hugged my right arm squeezing her boobs to it. 

I'm feeling a soft sensation from it again. What's under her thin cardigan and white shirt? Is she even wearing underwear cos this sensation is unparalleled. Would she say yes if I ask to get a touch of her boobs directly? Probably not. Damn.

She's this aggressive and I don't hate it. Whose guy would hate this? They must be a nerd who only loves 2D girls and is completely isolated from the real world. Such people would never have the chance to experience such happiness. And for me, I'm blessed.

We reached the school gate. Mostly all the students left by now and we're the only ones left so I don't mind this kind of flirtation.

"We're going camping soon, right? Tachibana-sensei mentioned this morning. I'm kinda excited for it."

Oh, does she like outdoor activities? I don't know how to cook or even set up a cooking stand so I don't feel excited over it. Such my bane.

"Yeah, after the exam this week. I wonder how the groupings would be. I don't often participate in outdoor activities so I don't have any idea how it would be."

"Hmm, maybe from a class representative? Just my guess though." 

Ugh! Now that she says it. Maybe volunteering as a class representative was a mistake.

"I wish not."

"Pfft, don't worry if ever we'll be put in the same group I'll take care of you." 

She gave me a smile and tone like an elder sister would. I wish my elder sister would learn from her.

"You don't have to. Well, let's focus on the exam first." 

"Yeah, I'll be glad to study with you again if we can Asamura." 

"Maybe I guess." 

We headed to the train station and we just went home together unconsciously. What the heck!

I'll head to a nearby bakery to buy some bread. I will need it for later.

15