Chapter 19: A cold night
355 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Few minutes away from the camp there's a hot spring owned by the Karakura High. Reserved for the students tonight, everyone's here to unwind.
 
Sitting alone here, I was left thinking about what happened earlier. Takanashi went aggressive and kissed me. I wonder why she did that. I have been stupefied since I arrived here. I'm not sure how to react to it or how I would even hold a conversation with Takanashi now.
 
What's the matter with me?!
 
 
Touching my lips, recalling what happened and I couldn't take it out of my mind. She kissed me so suddenly I was caught off guard. Now I'm thinking like a schoolgirl who just had her first kiss. How shameful.
 
 
I couldn't relax at all so I stood up to go out. After changing with my clothes I headed to the exit. Upon walking out of the door I bumped into someone.
 
 
"Aki?!"
 
 
"Ah-! Kurisu."
 
 
....
 
We exchanged glances for a few seconds. Then she made suggestiom.
 
 
"Let's go gets something to drink."
 
 
"Y-yeah."
 
 
Drinking coffee, she's taking glances at me, worried.
 
 
"What's the matter, Aki?"
 
 
"Nothing..."
 
 
I can't act normally, I need to get rid of this irrational feeling in my head.
 
 
"Wanna take a walk, Kurisu?"
 
 
"Yeah, sure."
 
 
Traditional lamps scattered around the road. Swaying trees and falling leaves due to winds creating mild noises. With insects screm, what a cold peaceful night.
 
 
"Let's have a nice walk to the camp. It feels comfortable this way."
 
 
"Yeah, the night endurance earlier sucks."
 
 
"Was it you Kurisu, who screamed?"
 
 
"Ugh-! So you heard that?"
 
 
"Yeah, I headed your way but Takanashi injured herself so it took me a while to get there."
 
 
"I was too scared till Kanba appeared in front of me. He scared me but he apologized after. Then we both went to the finish line."
 
 
"I see. Sorry despite my promise I wasn't able to be with you."
 
 
"It's fine. It couldn't be helped."
 
 
She suddenly holds my hand. She appears embarads as she looks down. So I grip her hand tight.
 
 
"Takanash-"
 
 
"Stop-! Could you not talk about another girl right now."
 
 
She abruptly cut my words. She wants to keep this moment just for us huh. I didn't argue. But I didn't mind that she was being a little pushy.
 
 
"So how are things going with your father?"
 
 
"Everything is fine. Company lessons are piling but I can handle them. Thanks to you. Father is often at home now too."
 
 
"I didn't do anything."
 
 
She unexpectedly leaned her body on me. It becomes difficult to walk, then she suddenly stops walking.
 
 
Hugging me from behind as she did before. Does she like doing this?
 
 
"I feel so at ease when I'm with you."
 
 
I'm given another chance to feel this soft sensation. Damn, I feel guilty for what happened earlier with Takanashi. I feel as if I've betrayed her. I'm developing feelings for Kurisu but I couldn't bring myself to love her just yet. It's out of my reach.
 
I feel like I'm turning into a body pillow for her but I don't hate it.
 
 
I was about to turn around when she came to a halt and buried her face on my back. She doesn't want me to look at her face right now. I wonder what kind of expression she's making.
 
 
It continued for minutes before we heard voices from afar. She moved away from me then held my hand again.
 
 
"Let's go, Aki."
 
 
She looks so pleased. It's fine that way. We made our way to the camp and waited for others.
 
 
"Aki, I'm going to sleep now. I'm sorry."
 
 
"I see it's okay. You need to rest so I'll go back to the boys' tent now. Goodnight."
 
 
"Yeah, Goodnight Kurisu."
 
 
While walking along the beach I saw a familiar face with a can in hand.
I think she's drinking.
 
"Sensei drinking is prohibited, you know."
 
 
I was just guessing.
I couldn't see the can so I couldn't have known.
 
 
"As long as I don't get found out. Are you going to report me Asamura-kun?"
 
 
"Eh? It's alcohol? Sensei...."
 
 
"Didn't you know?"
 
 
"I was guessing."
 
 
"Oh.. I'll let you take a sip but don't tell anybody."
 
 
She winked at me which was cute. Aside from her unrivaled adult charms, her cuteness and beauty all stand out too much.
 
 
"No thanks, sensei."
 
 
"Hmm, I'm glad you made trouble of carrying Takanashi earlier. As a teacher, I am proud of you. I knew that might happen but the school's instructions must be followed."
 
 
"I can't believe that night endurance test was included in our curriculum."
 
 
"Well, most of you had fun."
 
 
Yeah, for them but me, I was left in confusion.
 
 
"So I owe you now. For keeping my drinking a secret and taking care of my student."
 
 
"So how about a kiss sensei?"
 
 
Unconsciously, I retorted...
What exactly did I just say?
 
 
"Eh?! We're a teacher and student you know!"
 
 
Sensei was making a difficult face, it's funny.
 
"I was kidding. I don't think you owe me anything sensei."
 
 
"Hmpf, just because I'm old doesn't give you the right to tease me. Yeah, I don't owe you anything. You just wasted your chance."
 
 
She hasn't gotten drunk yet, right? She's pouting like a cute animal. Damn, I wanna take her home.
 
 
"I like it"
 
 
"Hmm."
 
 
"A night at a beach, the waves, cold wind, and beautiful moon. Just makes me wanna dip, get lost, and forget everything. I'm glad we went here."
 
 
"I wouldn't be happy if you get lost sensei."
 
 
"Ara~ will you miss me?"
 
 
"You guessed it? Losing my lovely sensei will deprive me of my motivation to go to school every day."
 
 
"Ara~ I shouldn't then. Perhaps are you hitting on me Asamura-kun?."
 
 
"Did you just notice?"
 
 
"Oh, it's bad, you know."
 
 
"As long as I don't get found out, right?"
 
 
"Pfft, do you think I'd allow you?"
 
 
"I hope you do."
 
 
"Ahahah!" She burst into laughter.
 
"Thanks for cheering me up, Asamura-kun."
 
 
I'm honestly half-serious but I supposed it's fine that way. I doubt sensei would even look at me or take me seriously. Exactly why I could hit on her like this, she's way out of my league.
 
 
"Everyone has arrived, please return to your tent."
 
 
"Yeah, goodnight sensei."
 
 
"Goodnight Asamura-kun..."
 
 
"You too sensei. Please stop drinking as well."
 
 
Waving her hand as she walked towards the girls' tent. And I went to rest in the boy's tent.
17