Chapter 27: Unexpected Guests.
171 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Took me months to upload a chapter once again. Uh- I'm back I guess. Thanks for reading!

Within the shadows of these skyscrapers lies a quiet, gloomy feeling. The lack of scenery creates a sense of boredom in the faces of those who surround them. I didn't even realize I was making such a face until I felt a sharp look beside me. I was lost in thought, completely forgetting who was accompanying me on this visit. 

"To be honest, I figured out  what you were thinking. You don't have to be that worried. "

"I was that obvious, eh."

"Sigh, we'll be there in a few minutes."

Suggesting I should calm down, I couldn't answer back her argument. So I simply nodded in response. The sky is turning murky, with thin clouds slowly enveloping the skies.  

Kurisu's expression is unconcerned, as you can tell by the straight face she's wearing. Having this awkward quiet atmosphere, my lips couldn't manage to spit a single word so I turned my head to the window and stared at the monotonous scenery. 

Suddenly, the limousine halted at a near high scrapper. Stepping out of the car, Kurisu's butler waved at us as we went inside. Passing an automatic glass door, this place exhibits extravagance. Vast place, with seats around for the waiting area. Right in front of us is an elevator on its way up.. 

Kurisu gave sidelong glances at me, telling me to follow her. As usual, I gave a nod and followed. Upon entering the elevator, my heartbeat picks up. To be honest, I have no idea why I'm feeling this way. Unexpectedly, a gentle touch covered my right hand with warmth. 

Took me by surprise, I almost jumped out! Kurisu, who was facing forward, didn't even bother to look at me. Even in this situation, he preyed on my worries and attacked me. Actually, I'm thankful she did hold my hand. Being with her gives me strength. From here on, there's no turning back. We must get an answer no matter what. 

Hearing a bell, the elevator stopped and we exited out. 

"Aki, Tachibana-sensei's apartment is the 3rd room from here." 

"Let's keep going then." 

Upon entering the sight of Tachibana-sensei's room, a loud noise could be heard. A loud slam on the door she's living, wondering where it's coming from and who was behind, a man wearing a suit and tie. Without a care in the world, forcing his way inside.

I'm lost in thought. Why would a guy go on a rampage and force his way into Tachibana-sensei's house? Shouldn't there be guards around in this huge condominium to keep him out? Just what's the deal with him? 

As I was about to confront the guy, Kurisu pulled the hen of my polo shirt, asking me to stay low. 

Turning my head to her, she met my gaze, with a sharp stare stating her intentions, she glanced back at the guy, and we heard a noise of a door suddenly opening.  Turning my head back to them, Tachibana-sensei eventually appeared and faced him. Guess she couldn't take it any longer. As I was being dumbfounded, I snapped back to reality and pulled Kurisu to hide from them. Luckily, at this distance, we can still hear them. 

"What exactly do you want this time?"

Tachibana-sensei's voice, it's been a while and yet she has a  different expression and feeling. But with that, she's implying this is not the first time something like this has ever happened.

"How difficult could it be for you to open your doors for me?" 

"Then how many times do I have to say I don't want to see you?" 

"I am your boyfriend! You can't just ignore me like this.

"We're done. Not with you being like this." 

"Have you forgotten everything I did for you?! "

"Forgotten? I don't remember anything good you've done for me since then! "

I just heard an astonishing statement. I'm feeling ominous down to my bones hearing that word. Tachibana-sensei have a boyfriend? No one has ever heard of that and how is it related to her failure to attend her classes?

The man proclaimed himself as a boyfriend, raising his hand about to hit Tachibana-sensei. My quick reflex commanded my feet and before I knew it, I was in front of Tachibana sensei, completely catching and stopping his hand.

"Hey, just what are you trying to do?" 

Kurisu was surprised by my sudden intervention and stunned by her feet. Especially Tachibana-sensei, who couldn't believe I was coming to save her. 

My senses are sharp and my tension rises so high. Before he could do anything, I stuck my nose in to prevent it. There's no way I'd let a bastard raise his hand against her.

 

5