Prologue
80 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...Damn it all the smell is everywhere!"

Our hero cursed with a click of his tongue,  his white armor was shining under the moonlight while he was navigating through the slum alleys. Though the metallic heavy smell was nothing new to him nor to the citizens of the town maze like slums but that didn't change anything for him the scent of blood will always be unsettling even if he didn't admit it.

The distance between his steps grew from discomfort and the sound of his footsteps was the only thing that could be heard in the silence of this eerie like night. That was until a squeezing high pitched scream dominated the air.

Hearing the distressed cry he moved without thinking hurrying toward the place it came from like a moth rushing toward the flames and not long later he arrived at a site that left him speechless .

A little girl no older than eight standing silently still like a statue , her tattered grey clothes were covered by blood and her long messy black hair was stacking to her skin from sweat. Few steps near her was the body of a child he seemed to be a boy of similar age maybe her brother? 

One could easily guess their relationship after seeing the boy face unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible since the boy skull was cracked open probably by the adult female that was sitting right on him while chewing the remains of what seems to be his brain.

Our hero was furious he clutched the handle of his sword as hard as he could, his body started trembling and rage filled his mind.

The little girl noticed him she turned her neck stiffly like a broken doll to look him in the eyes, her brown common colored eyes was staring right at his red ones, they were filled with a mix of fear and agony.  She didn't seem to think that he would save her nor avenge her brother after all his equipment were too fancy for commoners even to her that much was obvious. Then he must be a noble and her mother always told her those high folk won't give two damns about the likes of them.

But even so against the judgment of her sharp young mind something started to flourish in her stoned heart and she unconsciously opened her mouth

"H..e..l..p?"

A tiny hoarse voice escaped her small lips and tears came back to the almost dry eyes bringing back hope with them.

She pleaded

"Plea...se..save m...e"

Hearing her our hero came back to his sense with his resolve settled, he drew his sword and sweetly smiled saying

"Sorry little one"

Right before cutting the little girl head off.

 

0