Prologue – Perfection and flaws
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Perfection and flaws… These two are completely separate concepts. Yet there are moments I see some individuals say they go hand in hand called “Perfect imperfection”. An oxymoron at the highest order, spoken by hypocrites.

But I digress since they have some merit in it. The world is grey, after all, thus complicating things all the time. But my ambition -a selfish ambition with noble results- is to challenge the grey morality of the world.

So far… it has its own difficulties.

An ideal character in an imperfect world can complicate things around them. Sometimes it creates frustration towards even the most well-intended character. They consider the ideal human is much too alien. They felt the perfect humans are simply robots, only capable of making “ideal” decisions that are the strongest solutions.

Almost as if they exist to be problem solvers.

Yet there are those who relish these perfections. 

They have likable qualities.

They are being loved by everybody.

And still.

What is the point of these? 

Why is trying out these simulations 2019 times just to find out the “ideal human”.

Because, for all intents and purposes, it is simulations to build the “perfect” version of “them”.

They hope there was another way. They hope they can learn just by sitting down, calm down, and think about all the things they have done. The merits of their actions prior to their decision to construct this simulation.

But negativity overturned their thoughts. Their emotions overtake their rationality and make them into a mess of a “human”.

Or a monster, perhaps… nothing matters anymore, anyway. They had hurt people around them all the time… their presence merely brings misery after all.

No one would cherish a flawed human, someone with emotional strains. No one would choose someone with limitations built into their very existence. Someone… someone who will have pain, fear, and sadness in the face of adversaries.

Yes… that’s right. Now they remember once more why they do these simulations. All these data, all the scenarios that brought successes and failures every day. All for the sake of becoming a better character, the ideal guy for everybody. The human who the mass will turn to when they have disputes, who no one will scorn.

No one will shun him anymore. Everyone will rely on them again. There won’t be problems anymore…

But they are not god, perhaps simply a machine. A being without a heart, helping beings with heart. How ironic, how hypocritical. But such is the mystery of them, always the selfish human with an altruistic ambition.

Hypocrite at the worse, heroic at their finest.

But they’re not wrong. This kind of ideal is never incorrect. To help humans with the strongest intention in mind, even if it is for a selfish reason, is never incorrect.

 “I’m not wrong…” they mutter to themselves.

No longer musing their reason to endure the self-imposed trial, they knew their mind became clearer and resolved renewed.

“Begin simulation 2020.”

The sound of a gunshot, then a whirring sound. The circuits fill with neon lights, signifying the activation of the device for the 2020th time. Loyal and ever ready before, the AI companion of this device appears before them.

[BEGINNING SIMULATION NUMBER 2020]

[PLEASE INPUT FIRST SIMULATION FACTOR OR PRIMARY CONDITIONS]

They had already memorized the next command at the back of their head. It is a struggle for the first 5 times, but they are thankful they easily familiarize themselves with repetition. 

“Execute all previous factors that are under file name {Succession}, passcode 9-9-1-1-0-9.”

[WILL THERE BE ANY SECOND SIMULATION FACTOR OR SECONDARY CONDITION]

A secondary condition… in any circumstance, I shouldn’t apply it. It is because of the chances of creating a failed scenario faster than usual. While I have observed successes, the chances take a miraculous amount of luck to happen.

However, they have one in mind right now.

“Execute secondary condition with the file name {Perfection and Flaw}, passcode…”

They feel hesitation rise out from their heart, stopping them from giving the passcode. In the past, this is one of the first factors he tested and, to this day, still provides failures. He shafted this one as… Many of those failures are traumatizing.

But they cannot hesitate again, this time… perhaps it will create something interesting with the things they have in mind.

“… NEW-CHANCE.”

[CONDITION INPUT REGISTERED. PRODUCING POSSIBLE SCENARIOS AND CALCULATING CHANCE OF SUCCESS]

“Another thing, I need one more condition input.”

[ACKNOWLEDGED, PLEASE INPUT THIRD SIMULATION FACTOR OR TERTIARY CONDITION]

They took a deep breath and ready themselves for the last one. They pray… this will be the one they earn their answer.

“Execute tertiary condition from the file name {Go nuts}, passcode M-E-M-E.”

[CALCULATING… WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS CREATE POSSIBLE UNPREDICTABILITY; DO YOU LIKE TO-]

“Continue with these conditions, this is what I am aiming for this time. Start the simulation and do the calculations during the simulation.”

[AS YOU WISH. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO NAME “SIMULATION 2020”?]

They thought for a moment before an ideal name came to mind. “Name it… Two sides of a coin.”

[ACKNOWLEDGED, BEGINNING SIMULATION “Two sides of a coin”… ACTIVATION IN T MINUS 3… 2… 1…]

With that, a flash of light engulfs their vision as the simulation begins.

Don’t disappoint me.


It's always my dream to make my own original story. And well, after years of procastination, planning, and rewrites I finally got this done. Welcome to Glitched Heart, my original Tokusatsu (or Superhero) based story.
I'll post up new chapter every week and hopefully finish one volume by next year. Who knows? Life gets weirder overtime.
Anyway, hope you enjoy this prologue and the next 2 chapter as the opening.

0