#012 communication
504 18 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I turned to look at the two people, tied up on the wall, the woman became deathly pale. I realized that my appearance right now was quite scary, so I shifted my body to cover my claws and scales again. When my body began to move the woman flinched and looked scared to death but when the changes where done she at least stopped shivering.

When I was thinking about how to initiate some kind of communication, the man on the wall woke up and looked around in a dizzy state. His eyes landed on Leo and it took a moment before he realised that what he was looking at wasn't human. 

He soon spotted the corpses of their kidnappers and following that he saw his terrified companion next to himself. Then she said to him.

,,Don't flipp out or make sudden movements Niko'' (Anika)

He asked her with a light stutter.

,,A Anni is th that an enemy?'' (Niko)

He knew that their life depended on her answer.

,,..... believe me when I say that if that was an enemy we would be dead already'' (Anika)

When Leo heard her say that he jumped at the opportunity and and pointed at Anika and nodded.

Seeing that Anika was surprised and asked.

,,.... do you understand us?'' (Anika)

Leo pointed again and nodded 

,,Why did you help us?'' (Anika)

Leo thought about how to answer and then took a step forward. Niko gave a quiet *shriiik* in surprise and Anika twitched so Leo stopped and raised his hands.

,, It's okay Niko.... I don't think he wants to harm us... (Anika)

Leo nodded and came closer again. When he stood before her Anika could feel her heart race. He stretched his hand out and one of his fingers pointed to her bindings.

,,You helped us because we were captured?'' (Anika)

Leo nodded again since this yes and no question thing worked for now. 

I guess I can free her from the ropes now that she is calming down.

Leo shifted some dirt away from his arm until the tip of his claw could be seen.

,,What is it doing? Anni get away!'' (Niko)

Seeing the shifting dirt and the claw reveal itself Niko was nervous and afraid again but after seeing the full claws Anika was almost calm in comparison.

,, Niko I said it's fine if it had planned to kill us we would be dead already.'' (Anika)

Ignoring Niko's sudden outburst Leo just cut the ropes on her arms and legs. 

When Anika stood up and rubbed her wrists she never looked away from the dirt man that now looked much smaller. 

,,Thank you.'' (Anika) 

After a few minutes Leo decided that Niko was calm enough and freed him too.

When the situation was peaceful Leo began walking to the entrance and clapped his hands once. While the two in the cave wonder what he was doing, a little green bird came flying and landed on Leo's shoulder. When he returned the two looked at the bird and then spoke.

,,Hey Anni, that is a Emerald Bird right? '' (Niko)

,,Yes. They are rarely seen because they have excellent senses and use them to avoid danger. The bird following him means he probably realy is friendly. (Anika)

Wait. The little bird is actually a rare beast? Maybe I can show that I am friendly  to strangers with it by my side.

While the two were talking the now tied up Dolt woke up.

,,uuuuhhh what a nightmare I thought I was going to be killed by some... dirt .... man.'' (Dolt)

When he realised his situation he fell silent. 

Chapter length for this chapter
  • Acceptable
  • A little longer
  • Perfect
Total voters: 28 · This poll was closed on May 14, 2021 08:27 AM.
21