#023 First encounter with magic.
141 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After everyone finished eating, they continued their trip to the village. Hours passed and they reached a long turn and Anika pulled out what looked like a map.

After looking over it she left the road with Niko and waited for Leo to catch up to them since he followed them on the opposite roadside. When Leo reached them she explained the planned way.

,,When you look at the map you can see that the road goes to the left. If you follow it in that direction, you will reach a bridge and shortly after the Blackmetal fort. We will follow the river up ahead in the opposite direction of the fort and we should reach the village just at noon tomorrow.'' (Anika)

,,Off road it is.'' (Niko)

Leo just wrote a short ,,Alright'' and followed them. After a few minutes passed Leo had a idea.

Can't I just carry them?  My body is a bit to small but if they hold some of the scales, I could add some more dirt.

Anika and Niko stopped when they noticed Leo stopped moving. Before they could ask what is wrong, Leo wrote two questions on his arm. 

,,Can you two ride a horse and if you can, how much space do you have to carry something?'' (Leo)

When they read this they looked at each other and Anika answered while putting her backpack down.

,,Yes, both of us can ride. As for carry capacity, our backpacks are not completely full so we got some space.'' (Anika)

After he looked at both backpacks he asked them to make some space in on of them by stuffing the second completely full. 

That should fit four maybe five of my scales. With ten more Mass I should be able to make my wolf form rideble.

Leo pushed five of his scales out of his body while shifting into his wolf form. When he was done he began to add more dirt to his body. 

While packing his scales,  Anika and Niko noticed Leo's body growth and stopped there movements for a moment.

,,Man with you everything goes doesn't it? Now we really need to find out what exactly you are, I'm getting far too curious.'' (Anika)

Anika had a little excitement in her voice and Niko just shook his head. The sprint from last time dulled his emotion of shock quite a bit when it comes to Leo.

When the two finished packing his scales, Leo also finished shifting his body. He was now a wolf that was a little smaller than a horse. On his back where two spots that similar to a saddle, just without any details and a little grip in front of it to hold onto.

Anika and Niko walked around him to get a good look at his new from. Anika got on his back first and after a brief moment of hesitation, Niko did the same. When they got used to sitting on his back, Leo began to walk in a slow pace.

,,Alright I will slowly accelerate so make sure you don't fall. Anika, wich direction?'' (Leo)

Anika pointed in a direction and after Leo corrected his cours he began to walk faster and faster until  he was running at a comfortable pace.

Every now and then he corrected his course after Anika's instructions. They flew through the trees and they only stopped when Anika and Niko got hungry and asked Leo to stop for lunch.

Anika made a campfire and above she placed a cooking pot that hang on a metal tripod. Niko wasn't sitting around while She was preparing the cooking place. He was cutting some vegetables and put some seasoning over some pre cut meat pieces. 

So far it wasn't all that special and Leo was watching them only because he got nothing else to do. Little did he know that he would be interested in nothing but cooking just seconds later.

Anika went to her backpack and took something from it. Back at the pot she held it over the pot and closed her eyes. A moment later there was a blue light coming from her hand and following that was a steady stream of water. 

What is that! 

Without him noticing he was walking closer to the light and now he stood right in front of it. He could feel that the stone was sucking something from the air around itself but he couldn't see it.

Leo was starring at Anika's hand and woke from his trance only when Anika suddenly screamed and took a step back.

After they both calmed down, Leo asked her the two most important questions right now.

,,What is that and how can I get one?'' (Leo)

15