A mysterious man
52 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the inn of the peaceful village of Kylä, the figure of a newcomer could be seen.

In this remote place of the Aurinko kingdom, it was very rare to see people that weren't native of the territory, thus the newcomer was the source of the attention of many people.

The newcomer was named Kyle Stern. He was a man that was close to sixty years but looked to be in his fifties. He was wearing black clothes from the head to the feet. He has grey hair slicked back, a nose that made him looks like a hawk. On his back could be seen a huge greatsword that was as tall as him and he was 1.90 meters tall (6.2 feet). An aura was emanating from him, making him looks like a king.

Around him could be seen dozens of people that were respectfully questioning him. The traveller answered all of the questions, sharing his knowledge of the outside world. After finishing his meal and answering the villagers, he stood up and went searching for the innkeeper to reserve a room for the night.

After taking care of it, Kyle left the inn and started wandering around the town to gather information about the territory he was in.

Thus, seeing an old man walking in the street, Kyle approached him.

"Hi old man!" said Kyle.

"Oh you're the traveller that came visit our humble town!" answered the old man.

"Yes, news travels fast." chuckled Kyle, " I was wondering if you could tell me more about the territory and the surrounding of the village?".

"It's not difficult. We are in the Ashura territory, which is rule by count Bors Ashura. As for the surrounding, there is mostly forests due to our proximity with the elf forest." informed the old man.

"Thanks for the information old man!" responded Kyle.

"This is nothing don't worry." replied the old man.

After this court exchange, Kyle started to look for the blacksmith of the town. After finding him, he looked for interesting things but didn't found anything worth buying. So, he asked the blacksmith where he could buy provisions.  Following the blacksmith's instructions, he quickly found the place he was searching. Thus, Kyle buy a week worth of provisions and returned to the inn he was staying in.

He dropped what he just bought in his room and returned to visit the surroundings. He wandered until the sky was black and returned to the inn. He ate and talked with some villagers again like he did before and went to sleep.

Arriving in his room, he went straight to his bed, put his greatsword beside it and laid down.

A short while after closing his eyes, he felt something. His senses that were forged through the battlefields, he felt that someone was fighting with... something. Standing up, Kyle picked up his greatsword, opened the windows and jumped through it, landing directly in the empty street. Just after landing, Kyle started running at a speed that was beyond abnormal, travelling hundreds of meters in mere seconds.

At his speed, Kyle quickly arrived at the scene where the fight was occurring. In fact, the fight hadn't even begun. Kyle climbed a tree to observe. He saw a young boy cornered by a bear. Kyle prepared himself to intervene when his instincts screamed that he shouldn't. No one, even a genius among genius could survive on the battlefield without listening to his instincts, so Kyle decided to just watch for the moment.

What he saw surprised him even though Kyle wasn't someone easily impressionable. The young boy clearly a novice but the calm which he demonstrated, his abilities and the latent talent that he saw lying in the boy impressed him and frightened him at the same time.

Moreover, the way he killed the bear was proof of great knowledge, given the fact that it was a technique mostly used by the barbarians to kill giants bears. It wasn't something that a little boy should know.

Kyle saw the little boy collapsed on the ground and the arrival of the other bear. Seeing that the boy couldn't fight anymore, Kyle decided to help him. Thus, Kyle jumped off the branch on which he was standing and rushed in the bear's direction. Kyle properly beheaded the beast with just a swing of his greatsword.

After killing the bear, Kyle turned to see how was doing the boy and what he saw made him shivered in both excitement and fear. Definitely, the boy wasn't normal!

Indeed, the blood of the two bears was being sucked in the boy's direction, forming a sphere of blood over the boy. After the bears were sucked off of their blood, the sphere slowly came in contact with the boy's body, which absorbed all the blood as a sponge would do with water.

After absorbing the blood, a line appeared from under the boy's right eye, continuing over his heart to form a red rose. The line was slightly glowing in the night.

Kyle slowly approached the boy and confirmed that the boy was alright. Thus, Kyle decided to wait for the boy to wake up.


After some time, Dreydan started to wake up. He was feeling dizzy and he was feeling pain all over his body like the last time but it was worse. As he opened his eyes, he felt a new sensation starting from his right cheeks to his chest, as if he suddenly has a... new limb? The feeling was so strange to Dreydan, that he couldn't describe it by words.

Dreydan sat and started to inspect himself. All the injuries that the bear inflicted him were gone, completely healed by his ability. Finishing his inspection, Dreydan lifted his head to look around him. Thus, he saw that someone moved him from the place where he has fought the beast. He was now in a large clearing and there was a campfire beside him that was almost off. And near the fire there was... SOMEONE!

It was the first person that Dreydan saw in his life! Dreydan started to look at the man before him with sparkles in his eyes and while giggling like an idiot.

"After watching you fight, I thought that you were someone intelligent but looks like I'm not as good at judging people as I was before." said the man.

"Ah... Heu... How to say that you are the first people I have ever seen..." responded Dreydan.

"Oh... I see. You're strange kiddo. But don't worry I'm strange too!" shouted the man, looking proud for being strange.

'Wow, the first person I encounter is a fucking weirdo...What luck man... ' thought Dreydan.

"I'm Dreydan Ashura, Mister weirdo! Nice to meet you" said Dreydan while tending his hand toward the man, so that they can shake hands.

"I'm Kyle Stern, not Mister weirdo, kiddo," grumbled Kyle.

"Oh sorry old man, or should I call you gramps?" innocently replied Dreydan.

"You insolent brat..." started Kyle, but seeing the eyes of the boy sparkling toward him he couldn't resist and sighed, "Ok call me what you want."

"Yay, you're the best Gramps!" shouted Dreydan.

"That says, brat but... do you want to be my disciple?" asked Kyle while grinning.

3