Back to the room
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm back!

Dreydan woke up at the end of the morning. He stretched out while yawning and sat on the side of his bed.

Remembering the events of last night he couldn't help but smile. After all, the first time he left his room, he lived in a night that most people lived in a few years or never lived.

Like always, Dreydan took his shower after doing his daily push-ups and pull-ups. Then, he decided to examine the ring that the gramps gave him.

The said ring was pitch black with a yellow gem embedded in it.

The gramps said that it was a ring imbued with space magic. Dreydan not knowing much about this type of magic, searching for a book about it in his room. After a while, he found one under some others books.

Dreydan sat and opened the book named All about spatial magic. It was an old book that Dreydan didn't read because he didn't know with which magic he has affinities. So it was pretty useless to read books about rare magic, with which he has nearly no chance to have affinities.

To know his affinities, he would need to take a trial in one of the temples of the moon goddess and he needed to have ten years to pass it. Dreydan, who was at the age of eight, has two years before him, to learn and deepen his knowledge of magic. Moreover, he didn't know if his family would let him leave his room to go past the trial, so he could even have more than two years before him.

Thinking about his family made him remembered what he heard his dad said yesterday night. Just thinking about it made him a little sad so he just focused on the task gramps gave him. Dreydan quickly finished reading the books, understanding it quasi perfectly.

He learned that, to have access to the dimension linked to an object imbued with space magic, one needed to know the password of it. The only whit it, you could access to what was in.

Depressed, Dreydan lied down on his bed looking at the ceiling.

"I'm soooo bored! I wanted to read the books gramps gave me!"

For the first time in a long time, Dreydan was acting like a child his age, rolling on his bed and being frustrated about not having something he wanted. Except that the said things he wanted were books that most adults wouldn't even understand and not some toys or sweets.

Not knowing what to do, Dreydan decided to analyse his fight with the bear, to know where he made mistakes to progress. His memory, which was naturally very good and was moreover trained by the years he spent reading books and learning them until he knows them perfectly, could be displayed what he saw as some sort of movies in his mind.

Thus he repeated the fight in his head, again and again, noticing what he had done wrong within it and what he could have done to kill his foe more efficiently and quickly.

But a few hours after he had started, a "Knock Knock" at the door interrupted him.

"Hi, brother!" said shyly a child-like voice behind the door.

Smiling, Dreydan stand up and walked toward the door.

"Hi, Zalya!" replied happily Dreydan, sitting cross-legged in front of the door.

Ther followed a two hours-long talk between the two siblings. They talked about everything and nothing.

Zalya talked about what was happening in the world outside her brother's room, with the goal to made him happy. Dreydan, asked mainly things about his sister, like what she did the days before and things like that.

"The corpse of two corrupted bears was found in the depths of the forest!" informed Zalya to her brother.

"Really?" shouted Dreydan, feigning to know nothing about it.

"Dad said that there were surely killed by powerful people passing by."

"I'm powerful?" muttered Dreydan.

"What did you say brother?" asked Zalya.

"Mmh? Nothing, nothing."

"You're weird!"

At those words, Dreydan felt like being stabbed in the heart. His angel of a sister said he was weird whereas she hasn't even seen him in her life.

'I'm weird...'

"That said brother, I'm arguing with mom and dad if you could leave your room. You must feel lonely, being alone all this time..."

A tear ran down Dreydan cheek. His angel forgave his weirdness and was even arguing with their parents to let him leave his room...

"You're the best little sis..."

"I know!"

"You're so full of yourself at just four years old? What a spoiled little brat!" teased Dreydan.

"You're mean brother!"

"I know!" grinned Dreydan.

The steps of another person could be heard in the corridor, coming toward the door.

"Young miss, it is time for your magical lesson." said a domestic.

"Coming." sighed Zalya.

"Bye, brother! I will come back before you can say "My sister is the best"!"

Dreydan chuckled and return to what he was doing before his sister came.

After all his analyzes of his fight, Dreydan thought of some things he could do to improve his fighting abilities. He came with the ideas of training his regenerative ability by breaking his bones and by slicing his own flesh to different degrees. He also wanted to try creating long-ranged weapons like crossbows and bows with his ability to control his blood.

Thus, he discovered that he could create and shoot with long-ranged weapons but he can not try and see if there was a restriction on the range, due to the size of his room. Not knowing what to train after, he pulled a few books from a corner of the room and brought them to the bed. He began to read them and while doing this, he painfully snapped one of his bone. Gritting his teeth to not scream and with a few tears rolling from his eyes, he continued reading.

He continued reading and he broke one of his bone every twenty minutes, increasing his regenerative ability and his resistance against pain.

Due to his will, he did this for two hours before his eighth year's old body collapsed due to the continuous pain.

Dreydan woke up not too long after collapsing, feeling relaxed. He hurriedly looked at the clock to see what time it was. Doing this, he founded that it was soon time to go the gramps.

Dreydan, packed a few things he deemed worthy to take in case something happened and he walked toward the door.

1