Chapter 10: Let the Hunt Begin
89 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*PANT, PANT, PANT*

"I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

Practicing the Wardance is incredibly hard and all this darkness is getting to me REAL BAD.

[Notifications]

You Have Made Progress,

CONGRATULATIONS!

      • [Attribute {AGI}]: +1
      • [Skill {Wardance of Rel'Leala}]: +20
      • [Skill {Physical Conditioning}]: +26
      • [Skill {Free Running}]: +38
      • [Skill {Stun Resistance}]: +62

Stun Resistance +62?... ok so I might have tripped once or twice... every minute... for the last two hours. I got that point in agility crazy fast though... can I give it back? No? Fine!

I guess it's about time I start this challenge, good thing I managed to find that magic circle at the center of the fountain, that was practically a challenge all on it's own. For the fight I'll just move trough the Wardance while blocking whatever they throw at me, then I can take them out by... tossing metal scrap at them might work... sharp metal scrap cleaned up through the power of the magic recovery water. I guess I should go back and get some from the first safe zone then, sharpen it up a little, maybe practice my throwing a bit to make sure I'm not rusty.


"VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

*SIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

*BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG*

*SIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

*BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG*

*SPLASH*

Woah, I totally outdid myself, those throwing knives are actually pretty good, and here I though I was a terrible blacksmith... actually it was probably the fountain water now that I think about, and the challenge 1 lasers do a fantastic job at melting things, also it seem that all I actually had to do to get that Invincible achievement was touch all the lasers with something... pretty lame actually.

"Now I think it's about time to get this challenge started!"

Pressing his hand against the magic circle in the fountain and quickly stepping out, Jay readies one of his makeshift throwing knifes as he watches the circle, and the entire fountain, sink into a black void where there used to be ground used to be taking the only source of light and leaving the room shrouded in darkness, or it would have if Jay hadn't scattered large quantities of the fountain's water all over the place beforehand.

"Ah, massive pit straight into the abyss... creative?"

The room seemed to twist and warp, the distorted laughter of children echoing all thorough as shadows flew out of the pit reaching for the ceiling above, only to be intercepted by one of Jay's knives, falling to the ground and letting out high-pitched shrieks as the shadows where revealed to be strange warped creatures in the form of small humanoids, no more then a meter in height, with skin the texture and color of coal, sharp claws on their misshapen hands and rows sharper teeth lining their too-wide maws.

"HOLY SHIT THOSE THINGS ARE HORRIFYING KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

Screamed Jay as his left arm blurred launching a knife through the skulls of three of the creatures, a loud POP resounding throught the room.

"AHHHHH! FUCK MY ARM! Shit I need to calm down!"

Then the creatures, 13 monstrosities, 12 as black as night and 1 with red lines across it's body, began to scatter and run, launching blood red projectiles from their mouths back at Jay all the while. Is the one with red this challenges secret achievement? But Jay had no intention to let them run, moving at a deliberate pace this time, Jay moved his dagger, obtained from the previous challenge, in the way of each of the monster's attacks, launching back projectiles of his own all the while. Of the 13 monsters left, 4 fell, the red one included, but as Jay moved to chase, an attack from his back managed to score a hit on this right shoulder, a sizzling sound coming from the wound.

"Shit! This HURTS! I can't believe I let them hit me."

From there the fight didn't last, Jay chased them down and killed them one by one, being hit twice more during the process, once in the back and once in his left leg.

"Haaah... I need to keep practicing the Wardance... I can't believe I got hit three times... I had every advantage, it was an ambush and those things where so squishy, they practically dropped in one hit."

Oh, the fountain's back, and I think I got the Invincible, Effortless, Secret, and maybe Speedster achievements? I need a break though, just one little nap.

2