Chapter 12: An Alchemical Challenge
88 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This cave is AMAZING!"

I've been walking around for maybe a few hours and it just keeps getting better and better. I found weird silkworm, except incredibly colorful, like creatures that produce massive amounts of unbelievably strong silk and toss it out in nets to catch prey... it's nigh infinite silk for the high price of walking up to a bug. Then there was the exit door with the unpowered magic circle, so much free silk... I'm gonna be so rich if I can find this place again after the tutorial, there was the glowing moss that looked like it would make a great torch, what was obviously mana water, a big glowing pool of it in fact, the carnivorous plants with delicious and VERY alcoholic sap, and so much more.

"Ahhh, I love this place... AND IT'S SO BRIGHT... especially when I keep tossing around the white phosphorus."

I also happened upon the discovery that those crystal pillars are actually made of something like glass, I mean it breaks like glass, melts like glass, looks like off-white glass, and is impossible to work with just like glass... All of what I just said was a lie.

"This shit is NOTHING like glass! It doesn't shatter, it BENDS, it behaves almost exactly like METAL, what the hell is this thing."

I might not know what it is, but I do know what it can be... LAB EQUIPMENT!


"Aaaaaaand DONE!"

Now I have lab equipment, which is actually decent somehow, a downright terrible bag to carry things in, and a shirt... which, looking at it again, kinda looks like a blouse... it actually looks kinda nice though so I guess I have to wear it, it's not that I want to, I definitely don't, but it would be such a waste not to and all that... YUP!

"What's my crafting level at anyway? 83? that's max, good I guess I can probably turn that into alchemy or something if I make a potion... NO RIGHT I REMEMBER! A a ton of skills seem to require that I gain a point in a corresponding attribute, I should just try for a point in Int, Wis, and Mag... fuck social skills, I'll do those latter."

I guess the best way to do this is to open [Character]... but first let me see if I can use the mutant Darkling's blood, the mana water, and the fountain water to make a painkiller. First get a white phosphorus fire going and set the fountain water to cook to see what it gives me.

"Ok, so after 10 minutes I think all the water is gone and I'm left with... purple powder?"

So if I eat it I get... fountain buff! knew it! Good that means I can make a concentrated version. Now, with the blood I could try to centrifuge it to separate it into parts and see where the effect comes from, but how? Use the Wardance of Rel'Leala to spin as fast as I can and hope I don't die? Sure screw it, lets go for it!

"WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

*BANG, SPLASH*

"I'M ALIVE, wet, BUT ALIVE... and it kinda worked actually... what is THAT?"

It looks like a bloody slime, like an actual slime straight out of an old-school rpg except made of blood, at the bottom of the test tube... do I really want that in my body? For science? FOR SCIENCE! Gotta quickly dump out all the other stuff though, also that was a shitty attempt at centrifuging and didn't separate literally ANYTHING else out.

Now what happens if a drop the blood slime into the mana water... The slime writhes around, dies, and colors the water red... interesting, but what does it do?

*GULP*

Changes the recovery effect from physical to all and increases it by 50%, also I get the impression that this mixture WON'T eventually kill me. Well now I'm gonna need another dose of nightmare slime but this time lets try spinning slower.

"Hey it worked."

Now what happens if I mix all three, I would test mana water plus recovery powder, and slime plus recovery powder, but I really can't be bothered, and this is more fun anyway... Adding the recovery powder now and... the solution turned pink.

*GULP*

"Woa, ok no, this feels so weird, I made drugs, HOW DID I MAKE DRUGS!?"

Screw it I'm doing it, ONCE MORE INTO THE BREACH!

[Character]

*Collapses*

1