Chapter 14: The Impossible Task of Following Instructions
80 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having read through this manual over the last thirty seconds I can say with absolute certainty that I'm not using it! Seriously, 'the eternal white flame flows through you and imbues you with it's power...' bla bla bla, chuuni as hell! Not that I don't appreciate that but still, I don't do fire, I stab things, and punch things, and bash things, and shoot things, but I don't do fireballs.

So I guess to form my core I first have to give my soul a shape by taking the flow of something called anima inside my body and forcing it to hold a stable from. The stable form of a soul differs form person to person, yada yada... basically right now I have something that passes for a soul but completely sucks so I take that, force it to take the shape of my body, and then use it to form a mana core by doing the same thing that I did with my anima but this time with mana. Anima moves mana, mana affects material change essentially... that all sounds horribly unnecessary, anima can't leave the body in the first place so spreading it out like that seems kind of pointless doesn't it? Why would I even bother with all that when I can just take what I have now, attach it to my mana, and then use BOTH to make a mana core, that way I can have full control of my mana at all times with ZERO effort... right?

But if I do that how do I keep the flow of both going, I would need some sort of pathway that can keep the mana in my body so I don't end up in a situation where the flow is just random or I'd probably just have to control it all the time. That would be like having to control your breathing at all times else you stop which wouldn't be pleasant AT ALL.

Then I guess I need some sort of path that can move things all throughout my body and do it all without my direct control.

"Some sort of circulatory system maybe... that pun caused me physical pain."

So yeah I'm building my soul and mana core in my heart, but how do I set it up? Reading through that manual again it seems that the body uses mana for all sorts of things and replenishes itself from the outside, mostly through breathing, so I should set it up in four parts, two soul and two mana, first it should be a part of the mana core specifically designed to store mana in my heart's right atrium where blood depleted of oxygen, and mana, enters, then...

"Is the four chamber setup a good idea... setting up my core in my lungs could work too... NO WAIT I GOT IT!"

Ok, mana rich section in right atrium flows into anima section in right ventricle, which reinforces my control, then into the lungs and picks up even more mana, some of which is used to empower my lungs for big recovery buffs and another portion is then deposited in the low mana section in my heart's left atrium. The mana flows into the right atrium which keeps my core active while my blood then flows through an anima section in the left ventricle and into the rest of my body.

"Blood, rich in anima and mana moves all thought my body while my core stays in constant motion, which I'm pretty sure is how you're supposed to train it. So this design works then... I should test it, anyway whats the worst than can happen? I can always just make a new character and start again if I fuck it up."

Then I just have to sit down meditate and focus for a bit and see if I can spot my anima and or mana... No idea what I'm supposed to be looking for... I think I see something, it's a transparent liquid, kinda looks like water but just floating around at random in my body, now that I spotted it I can see the stuff everywhere, is that anima or mana? Let's try to move it and see what happens... yup, it moves when I focus my mind on it, it's easy as long as I can keep my focus on it and not loose the image of what I want it to do from my mind, it's times like this that I love my eidetic memory, I'm not sure if its actually eidetic or something else, but still.

Now that I have my anima where is my... Oh, it's everywhere, now that I touched my anima I can see it... everywhere, like a galaxy inside my body, so MANY colors flowing inside my body, some of it diffusing through my skin into and out of my body while more of it disappears and appears from what looks like nowhere. It's so pretty, how did someone program this? I've never seen anything so... mesmerizing in my life. Can I just... reach out an grab it? I can feel it, like water flowing over my hands, but it's cold and hot and vibrating, I can feel it in my head like a thought, so much information, it's... unbelievable.

What is that supposed to be, it kind of looks like a hand, is it coming closer? It's reaching out to touch my anima and it...

"Ahhhh, fuck that hurt, damn that thing made me loose focus, the hell was that? Is that the challenge? I have to form my core while those things, ghost hands I guess, harass me? This is gonna be so annoying, and my pain resistance capped at level one... well you know what they say, when you fail try, try again."

This was a super long chapter by my standards. It seems I found a love for describing crafting style projects in DETAIL so I hope you like that kind of thing... cuz I'm only getting started.

1