Chapter 2: An extreme start
203 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's...dark.  I can't move my arms and legs. This is weird. Ooh, something is moving.

"Did the ritual work?"

"Brother, can you open the lid, I can detect life from the coffin."

Wait, coffin? Ritual? Is this the spawn point, or is this a bug?

**Ding!**

**This is not a bug. - Alacant**

Well I guess th-, wait, did she just read my mind?!

"Oooo, rejoice brothers, for the ritual has worked!"

Slowly getting used to the light, Asena raises her head from the coffin and looks around at the room. It's a damp and dimly lit room in what looks like some sort of medieval basement. On the walls there are a few torches flickering with icy blue flames, giving the room a cold hue. The walls, floor and roof are made of cobblestone blocks, with a few thick wood beams running across the roof for support.

Looking at the sources of the conversation, Asena notices there are about a dozen people wearing loose dark robes with silver linings. The robes looks to be absorbing all of the already miniscule light in the room, making them look like shadowy genderless creatures with silver lines giving form to something humanoid. On their faces are masks made out of what she can only assume are skulls of a canine animal, with the difference of slightly curved horns sprouting from the top of the skulls.

"Um, Hi?"

"OOOOH, THE RITUAL IS A SUCCESS, REJOICE BROTHERS"

"OOOOOHHHHHH"

Blinking in confusion, Asena looks around at the people voicing their excitement. Completely oblivious to why she's here or why they're now kneeling before her as she's still half sitting in some sort of coffin. She slowly sits up straight and awkwardly climbs out of the half open lid before looking back at her "bed".  Her "bed" is a fairly rectangular box made of what looks like obsidian, with the same silvery lines running across the edges as the "brothers" has on their robes. The inside is lined with a plum purple, pillowy cloth. Turning her attention back to the men, trying to form sentences out of the million questions she has at the current moment.

"So, where am I?"

"You are in the city of Xylius in the Phoenix Empire, Your Majesty."

After looking around Asena realizes everyone is kneeling and looking at her. A few seconds later the gears click and she points to herself. "Your Majesty?" 

"Yes, you are our Goddess, answering our call."

Status

Name: Asena
Race: Moon Demon
Age: ??? + 19
Level(Lvl): 1
Hit Points(HP): 100/100
Mana Points(MP): 600/600
MP recovery rate: 60/h

Endurance(END): 10
Strength(STR): 10
Agility(AGI): 10+10
Intelligence(INT): 10+50
Wisdom(WIS): 10+50

Physical Attack: 50
Magical Attack: 300

Physical Defense: 50
Magical Defense: 300

Affinities:
Water: 60%
Earth: 35%
Chaos: 15%

Available attribute points: 0

"Your Majesty?"

Okay so my spawn point is in a coffin, and I'm the "result" of some sort of crazy ritual and now I'm their Goddess? This is so cringe, but I guess I'll just have to play the part. I'm assuming this is some sort of optional starter quest based on my race, although I thought this game wouldn't have such a thing? Is this maybe a part of my mystery race? Hmm. This could be a good thing as long as I can do it right. Yeah, let's roll with it.

"Yes. For what reason have you called me, o lowly one?"

"Ah, Your Majesty, If I may be so presumptuous, maybe we should change location for a more detailed explanation?"

"That would be fine."

The people in the room breathed out a sigh of relief, and they parted to let Asena and the man who spoke to her through towards a door she that had been hidden behind a few of the people.

Walking through the doors led them to an equally dimly lit spiral staircase. After walking for a few minutes they're greeted by yet again another dimly lit cobblestone room. I'm starting to see a theme here...

"Your Majesty, if you would go stand in the center of the room."

Asena's mind started working in overdrive at the suspicious request, scanning the room for exit points. Unfortunately the only visible way in or out is the staircase they just came from. 

Do I even have a choice at this point? I'm not sure how strong they are but I'm level 1 without any abilities and no fighting experience, I might have to do what they say at this point.

The men caught onto her hesitation, and before Asena could turn around to face the rest of the men behind her she felt a hand on her back before she was jolted forwards to the middle of the room, right where the men had asked her to stand. The second she was a certain distance away from the men, a circle spanning half the room started glowing a murky red, and she could feel chains encircling her legs before another pair slowly crept up towards her arms and chained her on the spot.

"What is the meaning of this?"

"Your Majesty, you are our Goddess, as such it is your duty towards your subjects to help them stand above the rest. I'm sorry that this method is somewhat forceful, but you will eventually learn that this is the best way for you to help your subjects."

"And what exactly is it you want me to do?"

The man didn't answer, instead he nodded towards another one of the masked men, who started chanting in a whisper. Asena looked around the room again to look for any way out of her predicament, she currently had no magical means to escape, and after a few tugs on the chains she knew her physical ability didn't leave her with any options either. As she saw the man's lips stop moving, she felt a tremor in the room as the roof faded out of existence, showering the room in moonlight.

Wait, am I getting stronger? Status.

Name: Asena
Race: Moon Demon
Status: Moonlit
HP: 100/100
MP: 500/1100
MP recovery rate: 110/h

I guess that explains the moon part of my race, wait, did my MP drop? OH, OH it's draining.

"You want to use me as a human battery? Actually, I guess demon battery would be a better term."

"That is a crude way of putting it, but yes you're lending us your power to help us use stronger abilities and more powerful mana based weapons. I know you just woke up and you're currently not at your full power, but we'll be helping you with resources and materials to help you gain more strength."

"So you're going to have me chained up here for the rest of my life?"

"Gods no, once you learn that this is for the greater good for your subjects and you're more...understanding we'll help you with everything you need, albeit within the confines of these four walls of course, you'll understand."

Well, I guess the overbearing Goddess act didn't help much, this has to be one of the shittiest spawn points in any game, ever.

 

13