Chapter 1
1.3k 3 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sleeping is fun, sleeping feels good. How else can one feel such bliss except when she sleeps.

I feel hungry, did I eat all the floating food?

Maybe there's more over on that side. A wall? it's crusty... can I eat it?

Hmm... tastes good, let's have more.

What are these voices? I can't see...

A light! I can see blurs now...no...they are moving blurs.

Are they saying something to me?

The blurs clear a little and a half-spider half-human woman picks me up...wait...how do I know what she resembles..?

I'm taken towards a king-size bed...wait...how did I know that?

The strange woman scurried towards the bed with me in her arms she laid me on the bed carefully then moved her backsides on the bed.

She sighed softly and hugged me once again, my eyes were droopy now.

Sleeping is fun, let's sleep.

I feel wetness on my cheek, is she kissing me? or maybe the spider lady is marinating me before eating?

I wake and open my eyes the sun burns them making me moan in pain.

The window closes instantly, I turn to look at the spider lady she smiles and winks at me.

How did she close the window so quickly?

Sensing my curiosity she points at her fingers with her eyes. Wow did she shoot webs from there to close that window? Surely not I don't see any remnants of a string.

I once again turn to look at her, she holds my gaze but once again points towards her hand. I follow her gaze like before but this time she wasn't pointing at her hand but the toy that was in it.

As I look the toy starts dancing...how is it doing that? magic? or is it an electronic toy?

Wait...are those strings?...but how are they so slim, if you don't look super closely one would never even see them.
How amazing.

Many days passed like this maybe even a few months, I didn't leave the room, I was not able to walk, barely able to talk.
The only person who would stay with me was the spider lady, I didn't know anything about her, but she would teach me about language and history.

I'm a toddler but surprisingly I understood all that I was taught. I feel myself getting stronger mentally. But my body remains still like the day it was born. Unchanging.

But today was different, like every day the spider lady was teaching me but today something started hurting near my chest. I started moaning and writhing, what was happening?

The spider lady didn't panic but was visibly worried.
What was happening? Am I going to die?

My body started vibrating, the spider lady rushed outside and soon brought a giant container filled with strange red liquid and dumped it on me, easing my pain, but now my body started absorbing the liquid.

Some time passed, my body had absorbed all the liquid.

I felt heavy, no fulfillment or peace...just heavy...solid.
Crust started forming from my back and slowly formed a dome...maybe an egg?

And soon enough all sounds and feelings were cut off, except peace and serenity, I think...I'd like to sleep.
I slept for what felt like years, It was extremely relaxing.

I was sleeping until one day a screen popped up.
=============================================
[Name]: -------
[Age]: 1001
[Title]: Queen of the Zanith Race.
[Spark]: Thunder
[Spark 2]: -------
[Strength]: 17
[Defense]: 39
[Agility]: 23
[Stamina]: 13
[Luck]: 15
________________________
{Skills} (Active)
[Ferocious bite] [Zanith claws] [Heal] [Dig]

{Skills} (Passive)
[Regenerate] [Burrow] [Queen's knowledge]
________________________

{Racial Traits}

[Queen's legacy]

: Strong control over all race creatures (can be broken).
: User can make Queen Nest.
: User can Fly.

: Passive Skill Queen's knowledge acquired.

 

[Queen's power]: The user can utilize the ancient power of its ancestors.

(Effects)

: User gets one extra spark slot.
: User can use the library spirit Talgarth.
: User can make Nest Queens.
: User can make Swarm Queens.
: User can make Champions.
: Users can make Lords.

 

[Queen's Love]: ----------
[Queen's Wrath]: ----------
[Queen's Despair]: ------------
[Quantzhui's Curse]: ----------

 

[Zanith Traits]: All the basic Racial traits of Zanith Race.
                                                   

(Effects)

: User can dig and burrow.
: User can Regenerate and Heal.
: User can use Zanith claws.
: User can use Ferocious bite.
===============================================

At first, the screen looked pretty decent with information about stats and stuff. I thought about scrolling down and surprisingly it listened.
Below stats were skills and racial traits, I think why I knew of those things back then was because of the passive skill "Queen's knowledge"...easy enough to understand.

Racial straits were simple words with no information on them till I saw a (showmore) option, after thinking of clicking a lot of words were shown...it made my head spin, but I powered through.

My name and 2nd spark were not visible and darkened.

4 Racial traits were not visible but not darkened like above.

So going by this I'm nameless but over 1000, that's weird and hella old.

What was I doing all those years? maybe... 1000 years means 1 year...? the screen put too many zero by mistake?
Whatever this screen is and told... I'll concern my self with it later, bye screen I'm going to sleep now.

Just as I was about to go to sleep again a ping sounded on the screen. A mini-screen was covering the main one.

{Growth Factor}
Would the host like to alter its growth factor {YES} {NO}
[Original time left in Growth chamber]: 5 years
Growth factor variants: -1 years
                                         : -2 years
                                         : -3 years
                                         : -4 years
                                         : -5 years

Hm... I like to sleep, but I kind of miss that spider lady, I'll sleep on her lap it feels almost as good at this.
And who doesn't like a big girl?

Ok then! Growth factor YES and do -5 years variant!

As soon as I said that the liquid around me heated up boiling me alive.

It hurts! It hurts! It hurts!

The pain was unbearable, maybe I chose wrong.

My body was breaking and reforming, the dome walls were expanding, I could not even scream as the liquid that was once peaceful now suffocated and boiled me.

My eyes, my legs, my arms popped I was being boiled alive!

Maybe I'll die here...I was certainly losing strength the pain was making my senses go numb and body unresponsive.
Black spots appeared in my vision, well at least I lived a thousand years.

But I don't wanna die! not like this, not now! I haven't even seen the world! I don't even know if I have parents or siblings!
I haven't even fully grown!...nevermind that I haven't even seen myself.

Maybe I'm beautiful? maybe I'm ugly? guess I'll never know?

Thinking foolish thoughts I fainted.

49