Chapter 7
800 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They have no Queen? well, then what am I?

"What do you mean by 'No Queen' Clarise, aren't I here?"

"You are their Queen, but you haven't made your Nest yet, Without a Queen Nest you cannot connect to the race.

Racial traits told me I can make Queen's Nest...I wonder how do I use it? "Who is controlling the Zanith in the meanwhile then? and how?" I question.

"It's Arjeen, your sister. She's using the old Queen Nest" Clarise answered slowly.

Wait what! my sister!?

"What do you mean my sister? why wasn't I told before about this earlier?" I feel annoyed at Clarise for holding onto so many secrets and now revealing them all at once.

"You share the same parents, she's...basically your older sister, ...I was going to brief you all this today, your history is, well...complicated".

"Thank you for telling me then" I reply, dripping as much sarcasm as I could muster.

"I'm sorry, I had my reasons" She replied not meeting my eyes.

"Reasons you say...I see...I'll leave it for later then, now tell me, if there's already an old Nest, why do I have to make a new one?" It was a valid question, I could just use the old Nest like my supposed sister.

"The Old Queen's power still remains in that Nest, it will fight against your own. The Queen Nest works only as a unit controller for anyone other than its respective Zanith Queen."

"I see...I have a lot to learn...about my spark, my parents, my sister, my true potential and you Clarise" I say before continuing "... won't you teach me?".

"It would be my greatest honor... my Queen" Clarise bows a little, her eyes are sparkling with pride, I truly dread ever letting that shine falter.

When we had sex just now, she had many scratches because of me...but those are already healing, if those scratches are healing, what are those cuts marking her body?

The cuts were made recently, hand-carved...but why aren't they healing? I think...I-...I can guess, sh-shes's inflicting self-harm! ... chill chill you're going too far maybe she's being bullied?...that's unlikely, she has a high position and authority here, maybe she participated in the war? should I ask her about it?...even if I do... will I be able to help?. I'll have to get stronger if I want to protect her. The way I am is but a burden.

"How long do you think it will take for me to get the basics down and help out in the war?" I ask, an estimate should help me mentally plan better.

"Spark training is extremely hard and dangerous, in your case...it won't kill but probably hurt like hell, the course is 8 months long. After completing this course you will do 3 months' worth of study lessons on your racial skills, as well as in-depth learning of all major structures and Zanith unit type."

"Clarise...a...well...isn't that too long! we could be pushed back before that" I shout puffing my cheeks in anger.

"Hahaha, that'll never happen darling. Here let make it easy for you, Take for example humans, thay have 60+ individual countries, but when another race attacks one of them, that race isn't fighting a single country, they're basically fighting all of humanity. With Zanith...think of a 4 billion strong horde unbounded from women and children. You Zanith are basically built for war, Zanith forces can hold from 5 up to 15 years merely using bullet-sponge strategy. " Clarise explains pinching my puffed-up cheeks.

"But I don't want to study! I want action!" I whine, I really don't think I can handle another 6 months like the previous ones.

"Big girls need knowledge aaaanndd if you work hard enough...I'll give you a Service." Clarise says each word slowly, emphasizing the word 'Service' before adding "The Premium kind".

When I was trying to guess what service meant, Clarise went ahead and helped, she bit my still taut nipple, while a finger slid upwards along my slit causing me to stare at her wide-eyed. Slowly she brought her finger wet with my juices to her mouth, slowly licking it clean. Thoroughly.

I might sound like a hypocrite. But I can't wait to study!

Today is my first spark lesson and...my teacher is Arjeen. The Arachne race doesn't have spark abilities, therefore, they compensate them with string tiers. Nevertheless, Clarise couldn't teach me as she had no practical knowledge about spark abilities.

Thus, my big sis is guiding me to queen hood and she doesn't look too happy about it. My first lesson is Spark ignition.

Spark Ignition is the base of a Spark. I have to Ignite my Spark before mastering it.

My Spark is Thunder, Arjeen was all too happy to tell me that it's the Hardest possible spark to master. Thunder is the sound after Lightning, after I have complete mastery over thunder, I could possibly Evolve it into Lightning...or maybe by sheer luck into an even Rarer Spark.

Every Zanith royal has had different Sparks. The closest most Similar sparks to mine are the Electricity and Locomotion.

"Veqty remember what I tell you thoroughly, I don't like to repeat. Inside this classroom your just a student, you will get no privileges or special treatment just because you're the Queen". Arjeen preached up high from the podium. Yes, a podium...this was a modern Classroom made by Dwarven engineers along with the Castle.

All Zanith Creatures were given a 'car wash' before entering. Only personnel possessing seemingly some level of intellect were allowed in, while the Swarm guarded for miles outside.

"Yes ma'am!" I reply enthusiastically, I can't help it...Imagine being able to use epic powers to slay billions.

"Good, now follow me step by step and pay careful attention to everything I say or do." She says coming down the stage to stand in front of me.

"Place your right palm on your heart. There on the left. No fool! that's the right side... no no that's your stomach, yea there, left, good!" I learn my heart's location after a few tries...why didn't I bother knowing that before?

"Ok, now shift your carapace to your hands...yea now after that curl all five fingers into a Claw stance." To help me Arjeen curled her right hand into a claw placing it onto her heart.

"Now, drive it in your chest, followed by slowly taking your heart out".

"Oh sure...wait, What!? Do you want me to kill myself??"I say shocked out of my mind. Did she want me dead that bad? I knew she thought low of me but still...

"Shut up Brat, it must be done this way, I gain nothing by killing you" Ensuring that I'm watching, she plunges her claws into her chest, slowly taking out her bloody heart, it was pumping air. Capturing my eyes she slowly brought it to her mouth, eating it in 3 mouthfuls.

I stayed silent, what did this teach me? how to substitute food when hungry?

"Wha-what was that? why aren't you dead?" I point at her seemingly nonchalant face.

"The Spark energy is in the heart...Hmmm, think of it like this, a bottle fills to the brink, the bottle can not be broken so the energy backflows in an endless loop" She uses hand gestures to help me understand better.

"But if you were to drink some from the bottle and the contents go somewhere else useful...won't the bottle start filling up again, giving endless energy supply to be transported throughout the body? the heart itself cannot pump energy through the body, so...we do it manually till Ignition is activated". Arjeen finishes with a Dah expression as if she just said the most obvious thing in the world.

"Wha-what-tt you-u m-mean-n iss-ss I-I... No Never!"

22